Will the offense improve next year?

Run 'n' Shoot

The offense was disappointing this year, as it was in Shanahan's first year as OC. Because of the improvements that occurred in 2016 I think they give Sark another year, hoping they get a similar result. The question is, do you expect to see a marketable improvement over what we saw on offense this year?

My opinion is that we severely underachieved on offense all year. Far too many weapons to be bogged down as much as they were. No matter who calls the plays, I think there will be an improvement just because it's unlikely to get those results from this group two years straight.

I also think playing a third place schedule will help as well. Most of the turnover in the playoffs occurs from teams underachieving and then taking advantage of an easy schedule. I suspect the same will happen for Atlanta.

What do you think? Do we keep Sark? Do we bring someone else in? Do we get better either way?

Our biggest problem is the division we're in. Three of four teams made the playoffs and a single game separated us from the division winner and runner up. It's going to be tough to slug our way through a season and get home field advantage like we had last year and that's what's important for a playoff run.

10 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

The offense was disappointing this year, as it was in Shanahan's first year as OC. Because of the improvements that occurred in 2016 I think they give Sark another year, hoping they get a similar result. The question is, do you expect to see a marketable improvement over what we saw on offense this year?

My opinion is that we severely underachieved on offense all year. Far too many weapons to be bogged down as much as they were. No matter who calls the plays, I think there will be an improvement just because it's unlikely to get those results from this group two years straight.

I also think playing a third place schedule will help as well. Most of the turnover in the playoffs occurs from teams underachieving and then taking advantage of an easy schedule. I suspect the same will happen for Atlanta.

What do you think? Do we keep Sark? Do we bring someone else in? Do we get better either way?

Schedule is already set for next year, and it's not doing us any favors.

8 minutes ago, osiruz said:

There's going to be a marginal return if we keep sark. How do you figure we will improve? The style of play calls and scheme will stay the same. He can't and won't scheme anyone open.

Maybe just wishful thinking. I just can't see how a team with a defense in the top 10 and on the rise, possessing the amount of talent they have at the skill positions on offense cannot be better than what they were this year.

I do wish we got out RBs matched up better against LBs in the passing game. That's a gimme that didn't seem to happen much.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot