Looks like Todd Haley might be available

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, vel said:

I love how yall hate Shanny all 2015 and the whole offseason but suddenly are missing him after 2016. Sark needs to be gone after one year? So you want 3 OCs in three years? Think about that. What good offenses have new coordinators? Stop being emotional. Sark will be here. He will get better and so will the offense. 

You’re right. Matt and CO. deserve some consistency around them. Can’t blame Shanny for leaving but we can’t keep changing OCs every time there’s some kind of adversity. 

17 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It just shows that we have a great organization being built here. These guys get it. They trust the process and they are bought in. I think this team is scary next year. 

Exactly. If they are this sold on Sark, I'm fine. They know way more than us. I get the defense being frustrated. I can live with that. Shows you this isn't a team of yes men. There were breaking points in 2015 and Kyle looked foolish and the players questioned him, but they never abandoned ship on him. 

14 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Actually vel, I’m gonna have to disagree with you on this one. You’re my guy and all but come on... just as a point of reference, look at what Kyle’s historic, detailed, impeccably called offense did to this same Philadelphia defense IN philly last year...

... oh wait :ninja:

Lol right! We had a chance to the end. The reason we had that chance was Sark's playcalling at the end and the players executing it. Kyle's historic offense got choked out in Philly the same way. 

7 minutes ago, vel said:

Exactly. If they are this sold on Sark, I'm fine. They know way more than us. I get the defense being frustrated. I can live with that. Shows you this isn't a team of yes men. There were breaking points in 2015 and Kyle looked foolish and the players questioned him, but they never abandoned ship on him. 

Lol right! We had a chance to the end. The reason we had that chance was Sark's playcalling at the end and the players executing it. Kyle's historic offense got choked out in Philly the same way. 

The falcons lead the league in dropped passes. They also lead the league in interceptions off tipped passes. Freeman had a career high in fumbles. None of this is on Sark. As long as the players stay bought in, that stuff will stop

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

The falcons lead the league in dropped passes. They also lead the league in interceptions off tipped passes. Freeman had a career high in fumbles. None of this is on Sark. As long as the players stay bought in, that stuff will stop

Yep. All player problems. 

On 1/14/2018 at 9:26 AM, Malachore said:

Unfortunately Sark will be here to ruin us another year.

Lets see how Minny does hosting a Super Bowl & being the 1st team to play in their own stadium IF the beat Philly....next year is our shot, if Sarks still here, we're a DONE deal...Todd Haley available...don't blink, get him

On 1/14/2018 at 1:09 PM, TexasFalcon4Life said:

Again, does anyone remember the years pure ineptitude of this organization before they remade this team. 

I keep thinking this same thing.  We have a competitie franchise now...back to back playoff.  Bright future on defense and offense still has playmakers.  People have forgotten  about the dark days.

On 1/14/2018 at 5:21 AM, AmaZze said:

I've always been a huge fan of Haleys offense in Pittsburgh. Ben had his most productive seasons under him and I feel like he would get the most out of our skill players. The downside is Matt would have to adjust to a new system but I feel like he could get Ryan back to attack mode.

Haleys addition would be IDEAL!!! 

BUT, Quinn wont let anyone whos as smart or smarter than him to be hired because, its about self preservation for Dan Quinn and its blantantly obvious by Sarks hire.

Even today, hes not thinking about the team.

8 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Haleys addition would be IDEAL!!! 

BUT, Quinn wont let anyone whos as smart or smarter than him to be hired because, its about self preservation for Dan Quinn and its blantantly obvious by Sarks hire.

Even today, hes not thinking about the team.

Man, some of y'all love reaching.

Haley is catching grief in Pittsburgh but he'd be an upgrade.

You have to realize that ALL OCs get criticized by their fanbases.  Good, mediocre, and bad.  Sark is at best mediocre but has proven the jump from college to the NFL was not easy for him.  Quinn will give him a chance to right the ship but I've seen enough to feel confident that isn't likely.

23 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

They put up 42 points on BEST DEFENSE in league??

And what did we score ....10???

I meant it sarcastically. If you want to criticize Sark, realize that Haley has made some bone headed calls himself. People would lose their minds and be calling for Haley's head if he pulled that for us.

But I would love Haley over Sark FWIW. 

2 hours ago, JAxxSmooth said:

I keep thinking this same thing.  We have a competitie franchise now...back to back playoff.  Bright future on defense and offense still has playmakers.  People have forgotten  about the dark days.

The way we’ve been drafting I don’t see that changing. There will be plenty of opportunities to find young studs in the future. People can say what they want about DQ, but he has brought this franchise to a level never seen before. 

On 1/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, vel said:

I love how yall hate Shanny all 2015 and the whole offseason but suddenly are missing him after 2016. Sark needs to be gone after one year? So you want 3 OCs in three years? Think about that. What good offenses have new coordinators? Stop being emotional. Sark will be here. He will get better and so will the offense. 

Beyond that, Haley is a great coach but he runs an Ehrhardt-Perkins type system. Which Matt can run — he did under Mularkey — but it’s been a while. 

I’d rather wait for a good WCO guy to come available.