Get rid of Sark and get a new OC or Keep Sark?

JG2008

POLL: Get rid of Sark and get a new OC or Keep Sark?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Get rid of Sark and get a new OC or Keep Sark?

• The Sark experiment FAILED. Year 2 will not be any better - get rid of Sark and get someone competent
    • Keep Sark. It wasn’t his fault. The players just don’t execute. Year 2 will be better just like it was with Shannahan - KEEP Sark

22 minutes ago, stizz said:

BINGO. When was the last time Matt struggled to reach the 250 yard passing mark a game outside of this year?

Why does that stat even matter if the teams winning.

No one commented on that stat last game it's only ever when we lose.

Ill tell you why because during this identity change we have committed to the run more simple as that.

Does your post account for the amount of drops our WRers had this year #1 in the league there's another reason why.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why does that stat even matter if the teams winning.

No one commented on that stat last game it's only ever when we lose.

Ill tell you why because during this identity change we have committed to the run more simple as that.

Does your post account for the amount of drops our WRers had this year #1 in the league there's another reason why.

loser mentality.

2 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I would take Kubiac to replace him. all others won't be any better in their first year than Sark will be in his second.

The only issue I have with this change If made is the fanbase want instant gratification so if the results don't go our way they'll turn on Kubiak aswell it's standard operating procedure around here.

Also the like of a Kubiak coming here are very slight so I'm not really sure if that has been factored in.

Gonna be hard to justify firing a guy that helped win 10 games and made the playoffs. Period. I’m not a fan of Sark, but unless there is someone with a better record this season that you can realistically bring to Atlanta, then I don’t see a change being made. Of course, there’s the possibility that Sark doesn’t want to stay...

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

How about set the offense more towards what he does best

At this point, I’m not really sure what that necessarily is. Maybe giving Matt more options from the LOS, maybe working on blocking scheme. Also, you gotta know that there is a LOT of tape out there on Shanahan’s offense. Sark not so much.

Edited by ultron

Just now, ultron said:

At this point, Ikm not really sure what that necessarily is. Maybe giving Matt more options from the LOS, maybe working on blocking scheme. Also, you gotta know that there is a LOT of tape out there on Shanahan’s offense. Sark not so much.

He's a run guy. Not quite like the Shanahan way though...

Personally, I like our running backs, but I wish we had a big guy to put back there and bust ahead for those tough yards inside on goal line and 4th and inches situations. Some of that can be addressed through line blocking scheme. Maybe more counter, and more read option?

5 minutes ago, ultron said:

Personally, I like our running backs, but I wish we had a big guy to put back there and bust ahead for those tough yards inside on goal line and 4th and inches situations. Some of that can be addressed through line blocking scheme. Maybe more counter, and more read option?

Truth? We need a guy like Kalen Ballage, Dimitri Flowers, or Jaylen Samuels

Answer these questions:  How many games did we win because of Sark's play calling?  How many games did we win because of the defense?  How many games did we win because of Matt Bryant? How many games did we lose because of Sark's play calling?  How many games did we lose because of bad calls? How many games did we lose because of dropped passes? How many games did we lose because we could not score in the red zone? How many times were we outscored in the second half? How many times did we look confused on offense? How many times did it look like passes were forced into tight coverage? How many TDs did JJ have?

Edited by Bigbenright

Those three definitely have the size; I like the Samuels kid from NC State. The Flowers kid from Oklahoma is intriguing, I believe he has been utilized at fullback? I can’t help but think that solid o-line coupled with our defense, a good running game will get us back to where we need to be in the passing game. Eagles didn’t seem to be worried about our run game when we were near the goal line.

6 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

Answer these questions:  How many games did we win because of Sark's play calling?  How many games did we win because of the defense?  How many games did we win because of Matt Bryant? How many games did we lose because of Sark's play calling?  How many games did we lose because of bad calls? How many games did we lose because of dropped passes? How many games did we lose because we could not score in the red zone? How many times were we outscored in the second half? How many times did we look confused on offense? How many times did it look like passes were forced into tight coverage? How many TDs did JJ have?

Realistically, aren’t those questions that every team has to ask about their season? How many drives were schemed well against what we saw in film study, but were shot down when we jumped offsides, helps somebody, or missed a block? I just don’t think it’s right to drop all the blame on the OC. People can argue play calling, but how many plays did we audible at LOS? How many bad reads did we have on coverage we were facing? 

1 minute ago, ultron said:

Realistically, aren’t those questions that every team has to ask about their season? How many drives were schemed well against what we saw in film study, but were shot down when we jumped offsides, helps somebody, or missed a block? I just don’t think it’s right to drop all the blame on the OC. People can argue play calling, but how many plays did we audible at LOS? How many bad reads did we have on coverage we were facing? 

We lost a lot of games because we could not score points in the second half and could not score when it counted in the red zone! All of the blame is not on Sark, but as OC a lot of the blame is on Sark. We won a lot of games because our defense made stops at the end of games! We will always win games because of Matt Bryant. 

Maybe let’s get an offseason under our belt with Sark.  After Kyle’s first season we retooled the O to players he wanted. Although Sark is running Kyle’s O he has different nuances and different plays and formations he likes to run. 

I’d like to see TD go after some guys that Sark wants to run his offence. For example I don’t think Gab is a good fit with Sark imo he’d prefer a bigger possession receiver there that can run block well because he loves to throw the toss sweeps and just little things like that might help this O take a step forward next year.

I actually love Sark’s playcalls in the running game.   2nd half of Rams game is a wonderful example.   With that said, he doesn’t seem to have a good feel for the game on throwing downs.   Cluttered route combinations with receivers in the same 5 yard window… No separation by the receivers.  Not able to utilize our running backs in the passing game.  Gabriel’s last impactful play was in February.

Retain him as quality control coach on offense.  Let him learn. Then hire Eagles QB coach DeFilippo before Seattle does 

Edited by Falconsin2012

https://bloggingdirty.com/2015/11/11/atlanta-falcons-is-kyle-shanahan-the-problem/

Same thing occured when we hired this guys his first year.  Getting all the blame, everyone voting to get rid of him, and he ended up being one of the best OCs this team has had in his second year.  I say we accept what has happened. (We made the playoffs after a year when everyone said we wouldn't come close and we'd faceplant.) Move on to next year and see how it goes.  Sark has now had a year to learn how the NFL works, adjust to Pro speed from College, and can now alter the offense to the way he likes.  If people keep clamoring to get rid of him, I truly believe if that were to happen we would face the same issues we faced this year and in 2015 with the learning curves.  Shanahan rode Julio his first year so much that yeah he set records, but it also made us predictable and not very potent.  After one year and a whole offseason with this team he was able to redefine the offense and utilize all the weapons, having MR set records himself and us making the run to the SB.  CONSISTENCY is what we need as an offense. If we keep changing things it not only makes it harder on this team but moreso on MR because HE has to learn a whole new offense. He's done it so many different times in his career, and when he finally gets great numbers he loses his coordinator.  Then the Brady comparisons come out and he doesn't compare because he's had the same offense his whole time in NE.  We can be dominant again and it will all come together but we have to stop making so many changes especially at the parts that need the most consistency.  We had change at LG 2 years ago and it was criticized harshly and now everyone feels the drop off from Levitre was so low that we couldnt win without him, then Garland comes in and people want him in instead of the draft picks we spent on the younger guys because they are still in a learning curve.  Remember our SB run last year, we had every Olineman play every snap..consistency.  Barely any injuries.  But the defense was decimated all year long, including but not limited to Trufant's.  Which BTW people say if he had been healthy we probably would've won, but are now saying let's trade him.  But being in only the 2nd year of his contract, whether we release or trade him he will still account for 12 million with only a 900000 savings either way.  We have built this team accordingly no matter what the results.  I HAVE to just trust DQ and TD that they are doing what is needed to built this team into a champion.  So many changes this year lead to the inconsistency of this team, the defense became SO much better but we still have issues, getting off the field on third down was still one of our biggest.  As an offense we were the best 3rd down team but turnovers KILLED us at poor times.  Its been one year with Sark, how can we truly get a justified opinion based on just one year as this OC especially when you take into consideration that KS performed very similar in his first year and we won less games and didn't make the playoffs, while MR was putting up similar stats.  We just need to be patient.

On 1/14/2018 at 0:06 AM, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Im not going to hold my breath for your exquisite list of candidates.....

I would take a chance on Mike McDaniels. He's been at Shanny's side for the last decade. He will understand the offense better than Sark and not have to learn it. If you look through the list of previous stops, he's also worked for Kubiak, and Mike Shannahan, this is where Kyle learned his offensive principles.

Down side is he's never been a play caller, but could it really be worse than the regression we've already seen ? That's 1 viable option that hasn't been mentioned.

As coach: