Invisible man Vic Beasley

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feel free to flame away at Vic, I'm not going to stop you, but while you're at it make sure you all save some fire for Trufant, Keanu and Allen, basically the entire secondary. My issue with Allen is going to be short, because I'm just tired of seeing him out there and it's a waste of time at this point. He's too reactionary, never seems to be in place and diagnosing what the QB is doing, only responding to it.

Keanu missed quite a few tackles yesterday. Not sure if the cold had anything to do with it, but he was not his normal sure-tackling self? The dropped INT that turned into a 20 yd pass completion, that turned into 3 pts before halftime, came back to be the difference in winning/losing the game. Yes, it was a bone-headed play, but whatever, that still wasn't what cost us the game.

I'm over the talk of Tru being a top-flight cover corner. I'm just not buying it anymore. He's good, maybe a notch above good, but he's paid like one of the best and I just don't see it.

3 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

The defense gives up 15 points (5 below there season average) while the offense only scores 10 (zero in second half) yet this loss is somehow the defenses’ fault????

I guess then you got fans who can't read and comprehend.  Where did the OP blame Vic for the loss?  I want to see how you and the others keep coming to this conclusion?  No one is putting the blame on Vic, but many are asking where the **** was Vic at today?  Where was Vic at during the season?  For a top 10 draft pick, he sure has been a bust other than that 1 good season where he racked up most of his sacks on backup linemen.  That is the question, where the **** has Vic been this season and especially this playoffs?  I only saw him out there a handful of times and he was ineffective when he was there. 

Again it is re tarded to think that people on here are blaming Vic for the loss, or the DEF for the loss. 

12 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Vic didn't lose the game BUT I am concerned with his overall lack of performance this season.

I don't knew what's wrong but something is wrong and needs to be corrected going into nwxt season.

The problem is that the Falcons expected Duke Riley to come in like Campbell and Deion Jones and become a full-time starter.  However, it became apparent by midseason that Riley was a failure.  The only option they then had (Weatherspoon was not realiable either) was to use Beasley as a true LB responsible for coverage and containment on rushes.

Beasley had 5 sacks in 2017 - 4 of them came in the first 6 games of the year when he was still a DE/LB.  The other one came in the last game against Carolina.  This is down from 15.5 sacks last year-if Julio's receptions were a third of what they were in 2016-17, there would major headlines, so why is Beasley's decline not looked at similarly as he was a 2016-17 All-Pro?

Edited by jlrfalcon
7 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

The problem is that the Falcons expected Duke Riley to come in like Campbell and Deion Jones and become a full-time starter.  However, it became apparent by midseason that Riley was a failure.  The only option they then had (Weatherspoon was not realiable either) was to use Beasley as a true LB responsible for coverage and containment on rushes.

Beasley had 5 sacks in 2017 - 4 of them came in the first 6 games of the year when he was still a DE/LB.  The other one came in the last game against Carolina.  This is down from 15.5 sacks last year-if Julio's receptions were a third of what they were in 2016-17, there would major headlines, so why is Beasley's decline not looked at similarly as he was a 2016-17 All-Pro?

This is a pretty solid take. Duke was in over his head from the beginning and was given the starter role based on draft status instead of performance. Just a very lackluster draft and offseason for us in general.

11 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Vic is probably the most overrated player on these boards, ahead of Trufant.

He's not bad, he's good at multiple things and his athleticism helps our defense but he's not a great pass rusher by any means. And before someone pops in w the "WHAT ABOUT 16.5 SACKS??" ****, you need to understand that he got 70% of those sacks from 4 games and then disappeared in the playoffs.

He can spy QBs, he can occasionally rush the passer but he does not produce at the level that you'd expect someone that is drafted that high to produce. He's been disappointing.

Nope the most overrated players on these boards is Rico and it’s not even close.

Vic has played 3 seasons yet he is already top 20 in sacks in Falcons history. He was an all pro last year and you’re forgetting he tore a  hammy week 2. (2 sack..1 FF for TD in less than 2 weeks before the injury)

Edited by falconsfan4life3
5 hours ago, trubirdfan4life said:

time to draft the guy who will bookend with takk. Beasley will command a huge payday. he is a speed guy who can't hold the edge against the run. if tackles can stop his speed rush, he is stoned. i like the man, not impressed with the player. he is ok. 

I tried to tell em.......Saw this numerous times at Clemson....Nuk!!

7 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

The defense gives up 15 points (5 below there season average) while the offense only scores 10 (zero in second half) yet this loss is somehow the defenses’ fault????

As I have said before. Them may bend, and not break, but that's not always good. If you allow the offense to keep the ball 6 minutes plus, you're not doing great. The reality is that those three before the half came back to bite us. We knew that it would be a defensive game, so every point mattered. 

5 hours ago, arrogantBEAST said:

1st and goal from the 9 and can't score a touchdown is an issue. 

Agree. The only play call I disagree with was the shuffle pass on 2nd down. You’d think that one of the two passes to Julio would have been completed. Although, it seems Matt has issues with throwing the fade. I see why they rolled out. More than likely to avoid the relentless Eagles pass rush. 

16 hours ago, stizz said:

Dude can only perform against YMCA backups. Second straight postseason when he's been MIA. All those long 3rd downs they converted and we didn't even sniff the QB.

I’m wondering if he is going to be on the team next year. He isn’t getting resigned when his contract is due. He didn’t even play until Takk got hurt. Made 1 good play that I saw,  of the time he had no impact. Really disappointing. Falcons don’t appear to be happy with him at all based on his playing time cut 

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Give it a rest. Rico did not show up. We were carved up by Foles. I don't care about any apologetics.

So Rico was responsible for Poole getting beat repeatedly and Tru playing 7 yards off his man. Got it.

Edited by stizz