No post in awhile, but wow...OC is pitiful

22 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Plus this is very confusing as well.......Foles was looking to the area he was going to throw prior to the snap and the defense seemed to not even notice. Don't get me wrong...they held them to 15....should have been 12. But man those receivers did way more damage than the score would indicate.

I agree, Foles was staring his receivers down like crazy. Yeh the score was only 15, but the fact that they were running loose uncontested led to possession control for Philly and our defense not getting off the field. 

And to the poster above. We do have two lousy OGs, and we survived Aaron Donald with them. Certainly could use an upgrade, and that’s on TD that in 10years he hasn’t found decent Guard to put in front of Ryan, however....this game had atrocious playcalling and running into the interior of their Dline on multiple occassions certainly wasn’t “scheming around” them

NFL Gameday PRIME, Deion Sanders - “offensive playcalling was horrendous”

Anyfan with halfway decent knowledge of the game of football can see and feel that something isn’t right with this offense, and that it seems like we have to fight tooth and nail for every yard. 

What we did this season we did on pure talent of the players!!

I see a big Problem, that we were not doing the same way, we did last year. If you are running a Zone blocking system, stretch plays. The bootleg is your bread and butter Play. We scored last year in Denver and in Oakland with hooper and bootlegs. Where was Hooper this year and Gabriel. Look at their numbers, the was non factors. Austin Hooper is useless in a Sark system.

If Sark is coming back, this offense will get even worse. Sark is also doing a lot of WR Screens. I do not think, that this Team is build for WR Screens. Kyle made this team in a WCO Style offense. Spread the ball. That is Mattys strength. Sanue/Jones...and then? ...

Bright spot ist Takk for me. He could be a real good pass rusher. I like his style of play and his mentality. Our secondary has the Problem, that the get no interceptions. That is not Seattle style.

8 hours ago, Club212 said:

Just what "elite" team would call that shuffle pass to win a game? 

It was a bad call for sure, but it also has been a gimmick the Falcons have had to resort to the last couple of years near the goal line because of the lack of an offensive line that can get a consistant push against strong defensive lines.

And which great NFL caliber OC is out there waiting for a call? Brian Schottenheimer just got hired, and he is awful. There are no good options right now.

Sark may not be great, but the best course of action right now would be to let him learn from this and evolve the offense. 

Quinn's way is one of evaluering, learning and improving from year to year. If that doesnt happen in year two with Sark, then by all means dump him. But right now, I dont see any other option than to stick with him for another season. It's not like Shannys first year was all roses either, but he improved. Sark needs to do the same.

Edited by niels petersen

big difference imo is 1st yr with KS is he needed Matt to be able to execute his 'WC/creative' offense...a 10 yr stubborn OC/play caller. Matt had to get his footwork better, etc. Sark is just not creative...not saying he cant improve...but 2nd yr OC/play caller in same offense is different than 10yr OC calling his same offense in the 2nd yr with same team. just not expecting much from yr 2 if Sark if retained...

8 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

I agree, Foles was staring his receivers down like crazy. Yeh the score was only 15, but the fact that they were running loose uncontested led to possession control for Philly and our defense not getting off the field. 

And to the poster above. We do have two lousy OGs, and we survived Aaron Donald with them. Certainly could use an upgrade, and that’s on TD that in 10years he hasn’t found decent Guard to put in front of Ryan, however....this game had atrocious playcalling and running into the interior of their Dline on multiple occassions certainly wasn’t “scheming around” them

NFL Gameday PRIME, Deion Sanders - “offensive playcalling was horrendous”

Anyfan with halfway decent knowledge of the game of football can see and feel that something isn’t right with this offense, and that it seems like we have to fight tooth and nail for every yard. 

What we did this season we did on pure talent of the players!!

Agreed.....and now Quinn says he will take a look at the offense. Me- Oh really, now you want to take a look at the offense? SMDH! I'm sorry that just plain out sounds stupid. You are the Head Coach of a Pro NFL Football team. Say what you will about the Pats (I hate them BTW).....they are a freaking machine, almost year in and year out. You'd never hear something like that at the end of the year from B....that would be said one or two games in.

4 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

It was a bad call for sure, but it also has been a gimmick the Falcons have had to resort to the last couple of years near the goal line because of the lack of an offensive line that can get a consistant push against strong defensive lines.

Yes it has been, but not to a 3rd string RB. And Matt didn't throw it where it should have been either. Two screw ups happened on that play.

2 hours ago, niels petersen said:

And which great NFL caliber OC is out there waiting for a call? Brian Schottenheimer just got hired, and he is awful. There are no good options right now.

Sark may not be great, but the best course of action right now would be to let him learn from this and evolve the offense. 

Quinn's way is one of evaluering, learning and improving from year to year. If that doesnt happen in year two with Sark, then by all means dump him. But right now, I dont see any other option than to stick with him for another season. It's not like Shannys first year was all roses either, but he improved. Sark needs to do the same.

Rather give Schaub a shot than Sark again.