No post in awhile, but wow...OC is pitiful

I haven’t posted in a long time, but I feel the need to get this off my chest. 

All season we have watched this offense repeatedly look like an idiot that continues to bang his head up against a wall. 

An offense that lacks creativity not only before the snap, but in route design as well. Our route design is so rubbish after the snap, it’s not rocket science why we aren’t seeing separation with the receivers.

Imagine having a Ferrari and handing the keys over to a 16year old that can’t drive a stick shift. That’s what the Falcons have essentially done, and it has shown all season. 

Ryan went 50 straight games with 224yds or more passing and now with Sark its common place for Ryan to hover at 220 or less. And enough with talk of Kyles first season, he had for less talent than he had last year and Sark has this year. No Sanu, no Mack, no Gabriel. We had trouble even hiking the ball with our rubbish centers in Lyles first season and Ryan still kept the streak of 224yds or more alive. 

Any playcaller who continuously has Julio on the sidelines on critical third downs and redzone situations should automatically set red flags off. 

I find it absolutely appalling that was our “best play” on 4th and goal from the 2. That was insulting to the fan bases intelligence. 

Sarkisian should be fired before he even steps into the locker room from the booth. 15points.....and then you roll out that as your best play!?!?!

Chip Kelly and Saban sounded like good options for the NFL too didn’t they, and now...

Also hard to fault the defense, even though at times I was screaming at the TV in disbelief that yet again Philly has WRs running wide open with no one around them for 10yds, BUT can someone please tell me why if Trufant is such an elite DB that he plays 10-13 yds off a WR at any given time. When it’s 3rd and 8 and he’s playing 12 yards off I know where I’m throwing the ball. 

We saw tonight a dominant defensive line in the Eagles. Jarrett is a spotty force on the inside as a smaller DT, we struggle to get interior pressure and have all season. Tonight we saw Foles step up in the pocket far too many times uncontested. 

Very good post. I have to agree with every Point.

What Sark was calling, was a disaster. Did he get Money from the Saints? And Yes this Soft coverage from Trufant, was also not to watch. Please watch Rhods against Thomas tomorrow. Mike Zimmer is the best Coach in teaching DBs.

It was the biggest fault, that this man did not get the Chance to be the HC here.

Expecting a largely different result next year with Sark is assanine. Should have been fired after Ryan’s 50 game streak of 224yds was broken, and then broke again and the again and then it was like 4 out of our last six games at one point he was 220 or less. Hard to not see there is a problem  there

I personally struggle with fact that we gave Trufant all that money after the defense got better without him last season and went to the Super Bowl. Especially after games like this where he is playing so soft, he is 5-7yds away from receiver catching ball

Players run the play that was called. Way too many times you see our receivers run their route and just stop. The routes are rubbish. There was route tonight that Julio sat down and the ball was nearly intercepted by Kendricks, when it looked like Julio could have kept running the slant and had a Panthers’esque type catch and run. 

You don’t see this much declined in production because of execution. It’s because of scheme. You think the Rams are executing that much better than last season, or that an offensive genius with NFL experience is scheming creative plays that give the players incredible opportunities to execute. The window of execution with Sarkisians offense is a splinter compared to the Louisville slugger Kyle was swinging last season. 

I know everyone loves DQ, and I do too, but......

you do have to question his his ability to not discern that the offensive playcalling is too vanilla and not creative enough. Just like someone should have questioned his decision not to run three times and kick a FG at the end of the Super Bowl. 

Kansas City didn’t blame their mid season lull on execution, fired and promoted new OC. You don’t see the Panthers blaming their woes on execution, New OC

plain and simple the offense has to put up points. And you draft and pay talent to do so. And we have an offensive unit that has been drafted and paid to be capable of putting up 20+ on any occasion. And our OC cannot lead them there. 

Just go back and watch Minn game. That’s what the Eagles did afterall

all Sark did this year was show calling plays in the NFL is waaaayyy different than calling plays for a college team!! you HAVE to be creative where talent is pretty evenly dispersed compared to college where a team can be much more stacked than the other!!! Sark is just NOT creative enough nor experienced enough for the talent on this team!! dont blame Sark for accepting the job...blame Quinn for offering it!!!

Sark is one of the worse hires in our history.  It made no sense to begin with.  Especially coming off a SB run, we should have any coordinator we wanted.  Really felt like the only reason we hired Sark was Quinn's mis-giuded faith in him, and his stupid stint at Alabama.  

57 minutes ago, sanfranfalcon said:

all Sark did this year was show calling plays in the NFL is waaaayyy different than calling plays for a college team!! you HAVE to be creative where talent is pretty evenly dispersed compared to college where a team can be much more stacked than the other!!! Sark is just NOT creative enough nor experienced enough for the talent on this team!! dont blame Sark for accepting the job...blame Quinn for offering it!!!

I completely agree. Maybe when you are USC or Alabama and your talent level is above and beyond your competition in most games, his offensive flow might work. 

Good NFL offenses show you one thing and then later they use that same formation and movement to gash you in another way. Kyle was good at this, Sark is not.

Kyle was also good at scheming routes that specifically got receivers open and gave Ryan a 1,2,3 option he knew on every play that one of them would likely be open. 

You would see us run a naked bootleg and gash the defense for 15-20 yards and then Sark wouldn’t go back to it. We specifically are deadly running that naked bootleg and bunch formations, or using pre snap motions and throwing to RBs in the middle of the field on LBs. That’s the things we do well, that’s what opens the run game up for us .

how many occasions this year did we play a team who had a really weak or banged up secondary and we forced the run. Seahawks, Patriots (top 2 DBs out), Eagles, Panthers....  we turned all these games into a battle against their strengths at Dline and LB, instead of attacking a weaker secondary  

As for TD, going on 10years as GM and he has hit on 2 quality offensive lineman. Matthews and Schraeder. Every other offensive lineman we have drafted has been a joke. Baker, Stone, Harlow, etc...etc...  let’s admit that Schweitzer isn’t the answer at RG either, not to protect your 100million dollar QB and block for this talented offense against quality interior lineman he gets beat up.

2 minutes ago, sanfranfalcon said:

think about how much of a reach Sark REALLY was!! KS - 10 yr OC/play caller in NFL...Sark - rookie OC and really hadnt done much in college the preceding yrs before his hire...Sark's play calling caused no confusion to defenses as a whole. seems like he just expected superior talent to always win out...like in college...

Yup, every game it felt like it was a chore to get a first down. Line up and hike, line up and hike, line up and hike.....

.....like banging your head against a wall

like I said before, if Kyle Shannahan was a Louisville Slugger smashing defenses, Sark is just a splinter!!

2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I still can't believe with the season on the line and 4 chances to get it right Sark decided a shovel pass from the 9 yard line was the way to go.

This whole season was series of “I can’t believe that was called”

how about the draw play on 1st and 40 against the Aints. 

Just now, sanfranfalcon said:

Sark said the most difficult thing was learning personnel...seems like he never really got it...

I would agree, how many countless times did we see him forcing Coleman into the interior of stout Dline?!

dont even get me started on Gabriel....

Scheming around lousy OG's is not easy.  We have lost important games because of our interior OL for SEASONS.  

It is not on Sark.  It is on Garland and Wes.  They are second-rate OG's.  Get that through your heads.  We CAN NOT get two tough yards on the ground.  

Blame this loss and every other significant loss on our lousy OG's.

2 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

I haven’t posted in a long time, but I feel the need to get this off my chest. 

All season we have watched this offense repeatedly look like an idiot that continues to bang his head up against a wall. 

An offense that lacks creativity not only before the snap, but in route design as well. Our route design is so rubbish after the snap, it’s not rocket science why we aren’t seeing separation with the receivers.

Imagine having a Ferrari and handing the keys over to a 16year old that can’t drive a stick shift. That’s what the Falcons have essentially done, and it has shown all season. 

Ryan went 50 straight games with 224yds or more passing and now with Sark its common place for Ryan to hover at 220 or less. And enough with talk of Kyles first season, he had for less talent than he had last year and Sark has this year. No Sanu, no Mack, no Gabriel. We had trouble even hiking the ball with our rubbish centers in Lyles first season and Ryan still kept the streak of 224yds or more alive. 

Any playcaller who continuously has Julio on the sidelines on critical third downs and redzone situations should automatically set red flags off. 

I find it absolutely appalling that was our “best play” on 4th and goal from the 2. That was insulting to the fan bases intelligence. 

Sarkisian should be fired before he even steps into the locker room from the booth. 15points.....and then you roll out that as your best play!?!?!

Chip Kelly and Saban sounded like good options for the NFL too didn’t they, and now...

Also hard to fault the defense, even though at times I was screaming at the TV in disbelief that yet again Philly has WRs running wide open with no one around them for 10yds, BUT can someone please tell me why if Trufant is such an elite DB that he plays 10-13 yds off a WR at any given time. When it’s 3rd and 8 and he’s playing 12 yards off I know where I’m throwing the ball. 

We saw tonight a dominant defensive line in the Eagles. Jarrett is a spotty force on the inside as a smaller DT, we struggle to get interior pressure and have all season. Tonight we saw Foles step up in the pocket far too many times uncontested. 

Plus this is very confusing as well.......Foles was looking to the area he was going to throw prior to the snap and the defense seemed to not even notice. Don't get me wrong...they held them to 15....should have been 12. But man those receivers did way more damage than the score would indicate.