Did you feel worse after the end of last year or this year?

2 minutes ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

saw it all week with how everyone was hyping us just because of that rams game. as if we suddenly fixed our offensive woes. it was laughable. 

honestly, anyone who gives you a hard time should go pound sand...because most who act out like that are dudes who are trying to overcompensate for small body parts or something. 

yep. i can understand someone younger still having faith but for the older ones...you certainly have to be deranged to keep going on at this point. 

And next, we get to see the Hawks get fkd in the NBA draft lottery.....smdh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Last year, isn't even close. We had a much better run than most teams with SuperBowl hangovers, especially considering ours was the worst SB loss of all time (arguably).

Sucks. But it's a game. We'll be much better next year.

Exactly. The SB loss did hurt quite a bit in real life. Not traumatically, but just a shtty feeling for a bit,

this year, I felt the team was tough. And I like the future

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Liar.

Ok so I am feeling something--if I have to put an adjective to it I guess it would be disappointment. 

Like youngbloodz said, I'm not mad or sad. After watching that Super Bowl, national championship a week ago, and this just now, I'm emotionally spent. I really have nothing to say about this game. It's the off-season now. See ya around.

16 minutes ago, revrndzombie said:

last year. still have a superbowl trophy shaped hole in my heart. Hate to say it but I still haven't been quite as into football since the superbowl. I still cheer hard and enjoy it but I wont have that same "we got this" feeling until we show we can do it. 

i haven't either. It hasn't been the same. 28 to 3...you are virtually 100% promised to win and yet somehow we find a way to lose. It won't happen again in our lifetimes in the superbowl in all likelyhood. if that doesn't impact how you enjoy the game then there is something seriously wrong. 

it hasn't helped either that i *strongly* feel like a lot of these games, especially in the regular season, are being influenced....intentionally...by the officials. I never was a big fan of the conspiracy theories but it's gotten to the point after this year that denying it is starting to feel like arguing the earth is flat or arguing the earth is 6000 years old...it's that obvious. Then you throw the georgia game BS in there too...man it's just too much. 

15 minutes ago, Oldmanfan said:

Last year no doubt.  This year I lost my faith in the birds when they did not seem to care if the they won or lost.  I want a new OC, I want Julio to get well and practice,  I want a short yardage back, I want an O-line to protect Matt,  I want a good fullback, I want the coaches to pound the fundamentals into all the stars and make them understand every game counts.  Last year was a heartbreaker, this year a major disappointment since so much talent was wasted.  

I just wanted someone who could take advantage of all the talent on this team instead of wasting them and being so predictable that a blind man could see what was about to happen. 

12 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

And next, we get to see the Hawks get fkd in the NBA draft lottery.....smdh

fortunately that is something i haven't wasted any time on. Gave away enough of my life and health for nothing already. 

Edited by diehardfalconsfan

Last year’s loss was definitely worse

your up 28-3 with a dominant offense that can’t be stopped and then (regardless of whether the defense was “gassed” or not—-you can’t score in the last 15 minutes to save the victory to get a SB win

this year hurts as well but our offense has sputtered all year long with the exception of a couple of games early in the season and we were looking shaky despite winning to get into the playoffs 

Last year was worse because I was already celebrating in the 3rd quarter and we were blowing  out the Evil Empire. 

This year, I was like - what kinda team is this even? Our O just rolled over and played dead at critical situations and our D was up and down all year. I honestly thought we'd beat them tonight but get nuked to the orbit in Minnesota next week.

We just collapsed one week earlier. Boo hoo

Last year game had me hurtin like no other lol. Sat on my bed and right after the last TD I just turned and went to sleep. Didn't cut any lights off, put away any food or anything. Then didn't want to get outta bed in the morning.

At least this year I have the SB in Atlanta to look forward to.

4 hours ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

i haven't either. It hasn't been the same. 28 to 3...you are virtually 100% promised to win and yet somehow we find a way to lose. It won't happen again in our lifetimes in the superbowl in all likelyhood. if that doesn't impact how you enjoy the game then there is something seriously wrong. 

it hasn't helped either that i *strongly* feel like a lot of these games, especially in the regular season, are being influenced....intentionally...by the officials. I never was a big fan of the conspiracy theories but it's gotten to the point after this year that denying it is starting to feel like arguing the earth is flat or arguing the earth is 6000 years old...it's that obvious. Then you throw the georgia game BS in there too...man it's just too much. 

THIS. This 1000%. I couldn’t have worded it better man. You echoed my exact sentiments. The SB collapse, followed by the NC collapse, and then losing to a backup QB with zero playoff experience... ALL WITHIN A YEAR MIND YOU... it’s just too much bull**** to deal with. It honestly makes it even worse knowing how terrible the officiating has been not only in the NFL but also in the National Championship game. I hate blaming refs but it’s so blatantly obvious the bias to these two DYNASTIES it makes me sick. Like in all honesty, did the Pats and Bama REALLY need ANOTHER championship?! For crying out loud, Falcons can’t even muster a single one and the Dawgs have one and that was over 30 years ago. And the fashion that we lose the biggest games ever in blows my mind. Blowing large leads after halftime is completely insane.  Like, how the **** do we consistently **** it up is beyond me. If we’re gonna lose, just get blown out from the beginning instead of getting our hopes up. I’m numb now. I come to expect the worst until proven otherwise. 

13 hours ago, CaliFalcons said:

Surprisingly I'm not even mad or anything. I kind've saw this coming. Oh well better luck next season.

True, going into the playoffs if you judged the way this team was playing, they did not look like they would go very far. They had trouble scoring TDs at home....now you are going to 30 degree Philly and you think they will?

11-0 when scoring over 20.....0-7 when under.. They could only score 10 pts yesterday....there you go.