Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs. Eagles In-Game Thread ***

4,638 posts in this topic

As usual, I find myself in a state of nervous anticipation. After being a Falcons fan for so many years my heart should be strong. It gets worked out regularly!!!

2 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

**** THE SAINTS !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This should be said before all Falcons games.  

Go Falcons

I'm pretty sure he does. lol.

And :tiphat: to @PensacolaFalcon. A great American and Saints' hater!

Watching NFL Gameday Morning on the NFL Network and Michael Irving asks Steve Smith how do you think the Eagles can slow down this great beast called Julio Jones? 

Steve Smith: Well first of all, to slow him down...ah...I don't think so. The only person that can really slow down Julio Jones is Steve Sarkisian. The inability of putting Julio Jones in position to make just as many or more downfield throws as he made last year. Kyle Shanahan is no longer there so it's just a little bit different offense. 

I was thinking their surface was field turf. It actually is something called 'GrassMaster'.

GrassMaster is a hybrid grass sports playing field surface composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres.

GrassMaster is a 100% natural grass pitch which is reinforced by 20 million polypropylene (PP) fibres. The PP fibres are injected by computer-controlled machines, 18 cm deep and 2 cm above the surface, in a grid of +/- 2 x 2 cm. The natural grass roots entwine with the fibres and grow deeper and wider, building a stronger and healthier rootzone. The PP fibres above the surface ensure an always even and stable surface. GrassMaster can be installed before seeding, after seeding or on grass sods.

At least it isn't that crap we played on last week. 

8 minutes ago, fuego said:

Watching NFL Gameday Morning on the NFL Network and Michael Irving asks Steve Smith how do you think the Eagles can slow down this great beast called Julio Jones? 

Steve Smith: Well first of all, to slow him down...ah...I don't think so. The only person that can really slow down Julio Jones is Steve Sarkisian. The inability of putting Julio Jones in position to make just as many or more downfield throws as he made last year. Kyle Shanahan is no longer there so it's just a little bit different offense. 

Couldn't agree more. 

fuego likes this

7 minutes ago, manfam said:

I want to see how quickly this team can put up 20+ points.  That is the milestone for me.

21-0 Falcons mid first quarter works for me.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

21-0 Falcons mid first quarter works for me.

Then we go in our cover 2 soft zone and give up TD's left and right. 

John Kincaid (680 The Fan), I know you’re there in Philly and checking out this MB...after today has passed and your skunk birds have lost, just keep your philly azzz in PA and don’t come back to GA. You turn coat, carpet bagger! Lol

2 minutes ago, manfam said:

Falcons stop playing down to the talent level of the other team.  Dominate for once.

While I concur, this Eagles' team is darn talented. 
Incredible OL despite losing Peters, three talented RB's, talented WR's, one of the best TE's in the league, and one of the best DL's in the league. 

They keep talking about how the odds makers aren't giving them respect but the way it works is that they want to middle the betting. It's the public perception that dictates the line not exactly which team is stronger. To me, it's ridiculous that the Falcons are the favorite. They are on the road in a hostile environment, facing the #1 seed in the NFC and have a really good defense. If I'm the Falcons, I would keep saying that they are the favorites, not us and play like it!!!

GO FALCONS!!!

RISE UP!!!

3 minutes ago, bigatlfan2 said:

They keep talking about how the odds makers aren't giving them respect but the way it works is that they want to middle the betting. It's the public perception that dictates the line not exactly which team is stronger. To me, it's ridiculous that the Falcons are the favorite. They are on the road in a hostile environment, facing the #1 seed in the NFC and have a really good defense. If I'm the Falcons, I would keep saying that they are the favorites, not us and play like it!!!

GO FALCONS!!!

RISE UP!!!

**** em....Go Falcons