Ransack

2018 MLB Season

594 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, I Am The Truth said:

The Mariners are 20 games over .500 and have a run differential of.... -1. NEGATIVE ONE.

This has to be some kind of record. Even after all those one-run games they have won, it's still pretty crazy.

That's because of how bad their offense is. They've shown how good their pitching is this year because of all those 1-run wins. Edwin Diaz is perfect in the 9th inning protecting 1-run leads this year.

AL Contenders

1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Astros
4. Mariners
5. Athletics
6. Indians

NL Contenders

1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Phillies
4. Braves
5. Dodgers
6. D-Backs
7. Rockies

I think everyone else is toast. I just don't see the Cardinals, Giants, or Nationals making a run.

RING OF HONOR likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

AL Contenders

1. Red Sox
2. Yankees
3. Astros
4. Mariners
5. Athletics
6. Indians

NL Contenders

1. Cubs
2. Brewers
3. Phillies
4. Braves
5. Dodgers
6. D-Backs
7. Rockies

I think everyone else is toast. I just don't see the Cardinals, Giants, or Nationals making a run.

Seems on point

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Astros are built for a dynasty. Made the right veteran additions and raised some really good talent in their own system.

Yeah, and they made a couple bad moves (like the Ken GIles deal) and they haven't blinked because of it because of how much talent they had.

Kimbrel spoke very highly of the Braves team. He said he was very impressed when they played at Fenway. He added in that he does watch them on TV and is paying attention. He was asked about his pending FA and said he loves Boston and would love to stay there but "we'll see what happens"

youngbloodz and Falconsfan567 like this

20 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Kimbrel spoke very highly of the Braves team. He said he was very impressed when they played at Fenway. He added in that he does watch them on TV and is paying attention. He was asked about his pending FA and said he loves Boston and would love to stay there but "we'll see what happens"

Yep. I fully believe Kimbrel would strongly consider taking a tad less money to come back to the Braves over just taking the most money to stay with the Red Sox.

As much as I adore Kimbrel and despise our trade of him, he's not the best investment of the money we're going to have. We should spend on position players and starters. We can't pay $13 million for someone who pitches 60 innings, at least not until Liberty sells. 

21 minutes ago, jidady said:

As much as I adore Kimbrel and despise our trade of him, he's not the best investment of the money we're going to have. We should spend on position players and starters. We can't pay $13 million for someone who pitches 60 innings, at least not until Liberty sells. 

If the $50M to spend is accurate then we can do Kimbrel and those pieces. It's been reported Anthopoulos will seek a controlled OF to replace Markakis so that would save money. Riley will get 3B with Camargo if needed. That leaves catcher as the only position needed. We've been linked to Grandal there. The rotation probably needs 1 arm but that's not certain. In house we have Folty, Newcomb, Soroka, Teheran, Touki and Allard for 2019 with Kyle Wright knocking on the door soon. I'm willing to invest a portion of that supposed $50M to shorten the game.

Falconsfan567 likes this

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

If the $50M to spend is accurate then we can do Kimbrel and those pieces. It's been reported Anthopoulos will seek a controlled OF to replace Markakis so that would save money. Riley will get 3B with Camargo if needed. That leaves catcher as the only position needed. We've been linked to Grandal there. The rotation probably needs 1 arm but that's not certain. In house we have Folty, Newcomb, Soroka, Teheran, Touki and Allard for 2019 with Kyle Wright knocking on the door soon. I'm willing to invest a portion of that supposed $50M to shorten the game.

Absolutely. It would be worth every penny to know that we've got the 9th inning on lock down and that with Minter, Winkler, Carle and Biddle that we've got the 7th, 8th and 9th innings covered for next year and that the only bullpen arms we'd need to look for is a capable long man and a couple middle innings guys.

One of the reasons I like the Castellanos option is because he takes care of the Markakis hole for next year. But I was told on Twitter that his defense is too bad to be playing defense and that he should be DH only. I don't know anything about that so I can't say.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Absolutely. It would be worth every penny to know that we've got the 9th inning on lock down and that with Minter, Winkler, Carle and Biddle that we've got the 7th, 8th and 9th innings covered for next year and that the only bullpen arms we'd need to look for is a capable long man and a couple middle innings guys.

One of the reasons I like the Castellanos option is because he takes care of the Markakis hole for next year. But I was told on Twitter that his defense is too bad to be playing defense and that he should be DH only. I don't know anything about that so I can't say.

After looking it up, it's bad. In 2015 he was called one of the worst defenders in the league. Last season he posted a -7 saved runs in RF. Amazingly it was -80.5 in zone rating. That's absolutely god awful. He is not meant for the NL.

MLBPA President Tony Clark said the DH in the NL is gaining momentum. Its looking like the DH in the NL is inevitable. 

9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

MLBPA President Tony Clark said the DH in the NL is gaining momentum. Its looking like the DH in the NL is inevitable. 

If it saves us all from watching Folty try to bunt, it's a win.

youngbloodz likes this

24 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Only fair if you ask me.

This tweet has nothing to do with Hader's pitching. Old tweets came to light during the All-Star game and...yikes.