Ransack

2018 MLB Season

582 posts in this topic

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The Rangers have reached an agreement with Cuban outfielder Julio Pablo Martinez, according to a source. Martinez, who met with the Rangers on Tuesday, the first day he could sign with a Major League club, will receive a $2.8 million signing bonus.

The club has not confirmed the deal.

MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez reported last week that the Rangers were expected to sign Martinez as soon as he was eligible. The 21-year-old is a 5-foot-10 outfielder who is No. 2 on MLB Pipeline's International Prospects list, ranking high because of his mix of speed and power.

The Rangers have been adding to their international bonus pool through trades with the Reds and Royals in Spring Training.

K26dp likes this

On 2/24/2018 at 1:41 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes!! I finally see that you can watch MLB Network live streaming online. I was so worried about missing out on baseball.

http://m.mlb.com/network/live

I just signed in.  Is this free for MLB spring training games?  Because I haven't signed up yet for MLB.com.  But I'm watching a game now through my DirecTV account and I did not sign up for baseball through them.  Last season I just bought it through MLB.com.   

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I just signed in.  Is this free for MLB spring training games?  Because I haven't signed up yet for MLB.com.  But I'm watching a game now through my DirecTV account and I did not sign up for baseball through them.  Last season I just bought it through MLB.com.   

MLB Network is just like ESPN or FOX Sports Go or anything else like that. As long as the account you sign in with has that channel in your lineup you're good to go. The only games that would be blacked out would be the ones would normally be blacked out if you were watching on TV. At least that's my understanding of how it would work.

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

MLB Network is just like ESPN or FOX Sports Go or anything else like that. As long as the account you sign in with has that channel in your lineup you're good to go. The only games that would be blacked out would be the ones would normally be blacked out if you were watching on TV. At least that's my understanding of how it would work.

Still a little fuzzy on this.  Lat season I paid for MLB.com meaning I could watch all the games on the computer, I should have to pay for the subscription again, yes or no? 

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Still a little fuzzy on this.  Lat season I paid for MLB.com meaning I could watch all the games on the computer, I should have to pay for the subscription again, yes or no? 

You paid for MLB.tv. That's a totally different thing then being able to live stream MLB Network. The link I provided is a live stream for the channel MLB Network. Meaning that all you can watch is MLB Network. You cannot watch any live games on here except the ones that are being shown live on MLB Network just like when you flip your TV on to MLB Network and can watch a live baseball game. Blackout restrictions apply to it just like would as if you were watching the channel live on your TV. The link I provided allows you to watch MLB Network live. That's it. It's no different than watching it on your TV.

What you're confused about is MLB.tv. That's the subscription you have to pay for to watch all the games. That is not what I'm talking about.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You paid for MLB.tv. That's a totally different thing then being able to live stream MLB Network. The link I provided is a live stream for the channel MLB Network. Meaning that all you can watch is MLB Network. You cannot watch any live games on here except the ones that are being shown live on MLB Network just like when you flip your TV on to MLB Network and can watch a live baseball game. Blackout restrictions apply to it just like would as if you were watching the channel live on your TV. The link I provided allows you to watch MLB Network live. That's it. It's no different than watching it on your TV.

What you're confused about is MLB.tv. That's the subscription you have to pay for to watch all the games. That is not what I'm talking about.

That's what I was thinking.  I still have to buy the subscriptions to watch the games.  I used to buy MLB Extra Innings from Direct TV but I can get it a lot cheaper from MLB.com

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's what I was thinking.  I still have to buy the subscriptions to watch the games.  I used to buy MLB Extra Innings from Direct TV but I can get it a lot cheaper from MLB.com

I guess you got confused when I said I could still watch the games. I meant that I can still watch the games they show on MLB Network since they show a ton of games on there. Yeah, it's usually only the popular teams but baseball is baseball to me.

Also, if you're a vet or a college student you can get like a $40 discount on MLB.tv.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I guess you got confused when I said I could still watch the games. I meant that I can still watch the games they show on MLB Network since they show a ton of games on there. Yeah, it's usually only the popular teams but baseball is baseball to me.

Also, if you're a vet or a college student you can get like a $40 discount on MLB.tv.

I get that channel on DirecTV already, but thanks  

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I get that channel on DirecTV already, but thanks 

I was talking about $40 off being for the MLB.tv. Not MLB Network.

Why is this so confusing for you? These are two completely different things. It shouldn't be this confusing.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I was talking about $40 off being for the MLB.tv. Not MLB Network.

Why is this so confusing for you? These are two completely different things. It shouldn't be this confusing.

Yeah, I get the two confused, my bad.  

2018 was supposed to mark the first season since 1968 that all MLB teams played on opening day but that's not going to happen now. The Nationals at Reds game tomorrow has already been postponed due to bad weather in the forecast.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

2018 was supposed to mark the first season since 1968 that all MLB teams played on opening day but that's not going to happen now. The Nationals at Reds game tomorrow has already been postponed due to bad weather in the forecast.

I was trying to send you a message, but have you already gotten MLB18?

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was trying to send you a message, but have you already gotten MLB18?

Nope. Don't know when I'll be able to get it. School is expensive. LOL!

Rays release Daniel Hudson and eat $4.5M. Hudson was acquired in the odd Dickerson trade. The swap only saved the Rays $1.45M.

Royals C Salvador Perez tore his MCL after slippibg while carrying luggage on Tuesday. He is expected out 4-6 weeks.

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Rays release Daniel Hudson and eat $4.5M. Hudson was acquired in the odd Dickerson trade. The swap only saved the Rays $1.45M.

Oh my. That's awful.

Greg Holland to the Cardinals 1 year $14M. The player option he declined in Colorado was $15M for 2018.

16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Greg Holland to the Cardinals 1 year $14M. The player option he declined in Colorado was $15M for 2018.

He may say paying $1M to not pitch in Colorado may be worth it.

Marlins are the first team ever to have their top 4 players in games played from the previous year not play for them the next year.