Ransack

2018 Braves Minor Leagues and Prospects Thread

505 posts in this topic

Acuna 1 for 1 today so far. Hes now 3 for his last 8 with a HR and 2 BBs. This could be the start of the streak that gets him promoted 

Is there any rule against someone playing in a minor league game and then a major league one in the same day? No, I don't expect this to happen. I'm just curious.

20 minutes ago, jidady said:

Is there any rule against someone playing in a minor league game and then a major league one in the same day? No, I don't expect this to happen. I'm just curious.

Nope. It happened with a Braves player not that long ago. Can't remember who but they played in a minor league game for Gwinnett in the afternoon and then a Braves game that night.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. It happened with a Braves player not that long ago. Can't remember who but they played in a minor league game for Gwinnett in the afternoon and then a Braves game that night.

Lane Adams.

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 hours ago, jidady said:

Well, that answers that.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

How close is Austin Riley?

I know I'm not he guy who knows the most about this subject but I believe with the old regime they would have brought him up to AAA soon.  If any success there, who knows, may have brought him up to the ATL near the end of the season if the need was great enough. Right now, the urgent need is not there.  With the present regime's slower approach with prospects I imagine they will let him enjoy more success in AA, possible bring him up to AAA before the end of the season to give him the exposure. Not sure though, how slow they intend to be with prospects.  Austin Riley case may be a good indicator of their "slower approach" & we will see what they mean by "slower".  I don't think with either regime he would have the meteoric rise that Acuna had......but then again Acuna is a very special talent.

Edited by AEFalcon
Malachore likes this

49 minutes ago, AEFalcon said:

I know I'm not he guy who knows the most about this subject but I believe with the old regime they would have brought him up to AAA soon.  If any success there, who knows, may have brought him up to the ATL near the end of the season if the need was great enough. Right now, the urgent need is not there.  With the present regime's slower approach with prospects I imagine they will let him enjoy more success in AA, possible bring him up to AAA before the end of the season to give him the exposure. Not sure though, how slow they intend to be with prospects.  Austin Riley case may be a good indicator of their "slower approach" & we will see what they mean by "slower".  I don't think with either regime he would have the meteoric rise that Acuna had......but then again Acuna is a very special talent.

For some reason I thought he was already in AAA.

31 minutes ago, Malachore said:

For some reason I thought he was already in AAA.

Yeah I can understand that. How quickly the prospects moved up last year it was difficult to keep up with who was where. After Acuna, Riley is the next best hitting prospect. What is cool though is he and catcher Alex Jackson (probable after Riley as hitting prospects) are both at AA.  It will be fun watching them In AA now & AAA soon.  If all goes well next Spring Training they will get their chance to show just how close they are. 

Malachore likes this

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't think it's wrong to think that Austin Riley's MLB debut could come on opening day 2019.

Agree. I think he will get his chance to show next Spring Training. 

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't think it's wrong to think that Austin Riley's MLB debut could come on opening day 2019.

I would be mildly shocked if he didn't get a September cup of coffee.

With Acuna heating up some and Joey bat-flips arrival In Gwinnett here is another piece of good news from Gwinnett:

Luiz Gohara: 4IP, 2hits, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4K, 58 pitches thrown. The run came off of a solo HR.  The report stated he had both fastball and slider working.

https://www.talkingchop.com/

Edited by AEFalcon
jidady and Falconsfan567 like this