Ransack

2018 Braves Minor Leagues and Prospects Thread

505 posts in this topic

Got back from a rainy and cold 5-2 Rome victory over Hagerstown. Derian Cruz continues to impress. Rome played good infield defense too, something that could rarely be said last season. 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Acuna's arrival could be delayed to allow him to get on a roll. Currently he's 0 for 8 with 3 Ks at Gwinnett. 

Well he is finally off the snide....got his first 2 hits of the season in Game 4. So far hitless in Game 5

Edited by AEFalcon

Acuna is hitting .105 through the first week of the season for Gwinnett. It'll be interesting to see if he gets more time at AAA than anticipated. Anthopoulos and his slow development process philosophy would suggest he stays there longer.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Acuna is hitting .105 through the first week of the season for Gwinnett. It'll be interesting to see if he gets more time at AAA than anticipated. Anthopoulos and his slow development process philosophy would suggest he stays there longer.

Just my opinion, but a rough week of play shouldn't hold back a player who won a spot in spring training. It would also engender poor feelings with fans and with players in the clubhouse.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Aaron Blair came of out of the game with an injury yesterday. It had been reported that he had gotten hurt covering the plate, but Aaron's dad refuted that on Twitter.

Slow start for Braves minor league hitters. Former prospect Braxton Davidson is off to an horrendous start, striking out out 14 times in 22 ABs, collecting only 1 hit. The bright spots are Riley and A Jackson in AA which is encouraging.

Edited by AEFalcon

4 hours ago, K26dp said:

Davidson's not really a prospect anymore. 

Completely agree.  Hence the reason I started his line with former prospect.

K26dp likes this

3 hours ago, AEFalcon said:

That was awesome K2. Really enjoyed it. Will that be a regular feature on OutfieldFly?

That's what we're shooting for!

3 hours ago, K26dp said:

That's what we're shooting for!

Nice!  I appreciate all the hard work that must have went into that.  It is the best overall status & picture of the farm system I've seen on any site...concise but complete. It certainly could be the type of analysis and write-ups that separates your site from others.

Edited by AEFalcon
Falconsfan567, K26dp and jidady like this

Finally read the farm report. Great job!! Great being able to find all the info about the farm system in one post.

BTW, man Branch Rickey, I need to do some research on this man. The impact he had on modern day baseball with the Cardinals and Dodgers, wow.