Ransack

2018 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

591 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Color me impressed!! This is far better than I ever expected.

Looks like Brooks Robinson out there.

Fried will go back down in a few days to return to starting. He's just a long RP option for a few days.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

So did anyone else see where Snit said that Bautista will be the starting 3rd basemen when he comes up?

Yes. He knows that Flaherty's deal with the devil has an early expiration date.

AEFalcon and Malachore like this

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Adams, Ravin and Brothers all went unclaimed and assigned to AAA.

Brothers being DFA'd means that there remains 2 spots open on the 40-man roster. Bautista and Soroka?

Bautista may need a little more time than the Braves anticipated. There was talk he could join the team within a week but so far he's hitting .143. Bautista is of course going through Spring Training pretty much.

52 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Bautista may need a little more time than the Braves anticipated. There was talk he could join the team within a week but so far he's hitting .143. Bautista is of course going through Spring Training pretty much.

This is my shocked face. I don't expect his average to improve much. The telling point will be if he can generate any power because his SLG was in the .300s lsat year.

I Am The Truth likes this

ESPN insider told a story of a near change of history. Acuna was set to sign with the Royals at the urges of his cousin Alcides Escobar. That same day Frank Wren and his staff called with a $100K offer. Acuna accepted the bigger payday and joined the Braves.

Took this from the comments section.

Hey Justice, how much did Liberty Media pay you to hype the Braves - what about a pitching staff and closer - Vizcaino? Never make it. You must have been paid plenty to wield such claptrap. Phils will wreck into them this weekend. Come on..Inciarte and Markakis - maybe some D but what about bats - you're a mess Justice! And can I say it no...justice in this. 

I just wish we had a legit cleanup guy behind Freeman. Nick could go 100 for his next 100 and they will still fear Freeman more.

This offense is exciting but outside of Freeman and (maybe Acuna) it's full of 1, 2 and 7 hole hitters.

40 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I just wish we had a legit cleanup guy behind Freeman. Nick could go 100 for his next 100 and they will still fear Freeman more.

This offense is exciting but outside of Freeman and (maybe Acuna) it's full of 1, 2 and 7 hole hitters.

I would imagine Acuna will move between Freeman and Markakis soon. 

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I would imagine Acuna will move between Freeman and Markakis soon. 

Yeah I'm guessing once Nick cools down but I'm not sure I want to put that stress on a 20 year old rookie.