Ransack

2018 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

741 posts in this topic

Mark Bowman said the Braves were going to call up Fried to replace Sanchez after Wisler's one start. Fried would have stayed until Gohara or Sanchez returned. However Wisler earned a chance to stay and will remain in rotation. Sanchez is doing well and hopes to return to the mound in two weeks.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

@K26dp I know you said you're not a big fan of the OF free agents for next year, but what about Adam Jones?

As with all signings, it depends on the length and the money. I wouldn't be opposed, but only on a shorter deal than Jones would likely agree to.

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 minutes ago, K26dp said:

As with all signings, it depends on the length and the money. I wouldn't be opposed, but only on a shorter deal than Jones would likely agree to.

Mainly that's just what I wondered, if you would welcome his addition under the right terms.

1 minute ago, K26dp said:

He's a true quality person and a heck of a clubhouse guy. He'll also be 33 and is showing signs of decline. 

Yep. That's why I would welcome him. He also wears #10 because he like so many kids of the 90s grew up rooting for Chipper and the Braves. So I know it would be quite a joy for him to play for the Braves.

Bautista will play two for Gwinnett. Snitker said scouting reports are good and he could join the team as a backup OF/3B this week. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Bautista will play two for Gwinnett. Snitker said scouting reports are good and he could join the team as a backup OF/3B this week. 

He must have been in really good shape to miss ST, get signed and play within a week.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Wow that was fast.....and encouraging!  The bench suddenly getting deeper.....Peter Bourjos walks up to sit in the hot seat.  Charlie Culberson says "Seats' taken." 

I know both Culberson and Bourjos were offseason moves to help big league team but neither have shown much. I hope Camargo stays and Culberson is moved, to be followed by Bourjos when Acuna is ready.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Culberson will definitely be moved. Bourjos will likely stay till Acuna is ready. Unless Tucker crashes then it could be him.

My thoughts too. The ineptness of bench pinch hitting has to be the weakest part of the team. Depending who started imagine the bench of Joey bat-flips or Flaherty, Flowers or Suzuki, Acuna or Tucker and Camargo.  Much improved

Edited by AEFalcon

Man I know it's a very slim chance as nice but I hope Bautista regains his thunder because we need a legit threat behind Freeman more than anything.

Nick hitting cleanup is the biggest joke in baseball. 

1 hour ago, AEFalcon said:

My thoughts too. The ineptness of bench pinch hitting has to be the weakest part of the team. Depending who started imagine the bench of Joey bat-flips or Flaherty, Flowers or Suzuki, Acuna or Tucker and Camargo.  Much improved

Lane Adams was a **** good pinch-hitter and he was the first guy the Braves got rid of.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lane Adams was a **** good pinch-hitter and he was the first guy the Braves got rid of.

Yeah I know. I never understood that.  Best hitter &  also the best base runner of the bunch. That move never made sense to me.

Edited by AEFalcon

He stunk at centerfield. They need Bourjos until Acuna arrives.

I am assuming this will happen in some order within the next two weeks:

Bautista replaces Culberson
Flowers replaces Perez
Acuna replaces Bourjos

That should improve the bench PDQ.

I still think Jose Bautista isn't going to do anything positive for the Braves, but he can't be an any worse black hole than Charlie Culberson. Let's just hope he remembers how to play 3B.

BTW, when I think of Jose Bautista, I think about 2007 when he and Chipper tangled at 3B and Chipper ended up hurting both of his hands really bad and ruined what had started off as a tremendous season for the Braves that year.

Bautista went 2 for 7 with 2 BBs as a FireFrog. He completed all 5 chances he had at 3B. He reports to Gwinnett today to become a Striper. 

Lots of rain mean lots of make-ups. Today's probables:

GWN (G1) - Soroka
GWN (G2) - Sims
MIS (G1) - Toussaint
MIS (G2) - Mader
FLA - Davidson
ROM - Rangel