Ransack

2018 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

741 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves have called up Lucas Sims and DFA'd Luke Jackson.

The Braves now have a 40-man roster spot open with this move, Acuna in coming?

Gohara will now start at Mississippi and not Gwinnett. Soroka would have been pushed back a day if he had went to Gwinnett. Braves didn't want to bother Soroka.

29 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mark Bowman reporting Acuna will not be up tomorrow or at all during the homestand. Braves are waiting on him to get hot.

I just don’t understand this thinking... I’m getting the feeling AA slow plays prospects up to the majors. I mean I get it but what does Acuña have to prove in AAA anymore? 

50 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I just don’t understand this thinking... I’m getting the feeling AA slow plays prospects up to the majors. I mean I get it but what does Acuña have to prove in AAA anymore? 

It makes sense. Acuna has gotten off to a slow start. Let him get off and feeling good at the plate and then call him up. You don't want to call him up right now and have him struggle in the majors and potentially hurt his confidence. AA has already said that had he been in charge last year Acuna wouldn't have made it all the way to Triple-A last year. Let's not forget the kid is still only 20 years old and has only played 62 games at Triple-A. He's only played 119 games at Double-A and Triple-A combined. I don't think it's so much that he's only 5/33 to start off as the fact that he's got 12 strikeouts in 36 plate appearances. This is after he struck out only 48 times in 243 plate appearances last year at Gwinnett.

10 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

If you haven't figured it out by now, this franchise has no problem lying to their fan base.

jidady likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

If you haven't figured it out by now, this franchise has no problem lying to their fan base.

Who lied? Anthopoulos said in the Spring his philosophy was take it slowly with developing prospects. He flat out said he would not be as aggressive as Coppy/Hart with bringing guys through the system. The media and everyone else believed Acuna would be here today. He didn't start so hot and Anthopoulos stuck to his philosophy, AA never said Acuna would be up today. 

17 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Who lied? Anthopoulos said in the Spring his philosophy was take it slowly with developing prospects. He flat out said he would not be as aggressive as Coppy/Hart with bringing guys through the system. The media and everyone else believed Acuna would be here today. He didn't start so hot and Anthopoulos stuck to his philosophy, AA never said Acuna would be up today. 

We've been lied to for the last 2 years saying we would be competitive. I guess since they canned the previous two mouthpieces that we can just forget what we were told before?

I also thought it was said by the organization that he would spend two weeks and AAA and then be up.

Edited by Malachore

16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I also thought it was said by the organization that he would spend two weeks and AAA and then be up.

The Braves never said this. I think this is a $hitty deal for Acuna, but the Braves never put a timetable for his promotion.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:47 AM, Psychic Gibbon said:

This is the first time I've seen him pitch. He has such a smooth easy delivery. Like "I'm going to throw, you're going to be out, lets move on to the next one."

Edited by oztin

12 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

I'd prefer for a prospect not to try to work out of a slump during their Major League debut.

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

I get folks want to see Acuna but who are you going to bench? The guy with the .916 OPS?

The guy hitting .180.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ender isn't getting benched. Sorry, not happening.

Yeah I know, tbh I don't want him benched just out of the leadoff spot.

As of today, the Braves are 3.5 bWAR, 3rd in the majors. By position:

SP: 0.4 (13th)
RP: 0.7 (7th)

1B: 0.8 (1st)
2B: 0.7 (1st)
3B: 0.3 (6th)
SS: 0.6 (5th)
LF: 0.1 (9th)
CF: -0.7 (28th)
RF: 0.3 (5th)

PH: 0.2 (2nd)

Enjoy it while it lasts folks.