Ransack

2018 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

741 posts in this topic

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

I could see a Braves/Rockies NLDS getting the day game treatment. Especially if the Cardinals win the WC game. They'll put Cards/Cubs in the primetime slot. Either way we know the NLDS begins on October 4th for all 4 teams. AL begins the day after. 

Yeah. I thought of that too. Cubs, Cardinals, Red Sox, Yankees, yep. Braves would get so screwed there and forced to play day games.

Toronto media saying Anthopoulos tried to trade Kemp to Toronto for Russell Martin. They ultimately couldn't agree on anything so he ended up in LA. 

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Toronto media saying Anthopoulos tried to trade Kemp to Toronto for Russell Martin. They ultimately couldn't agree on anything so he ended up in LA. 

Glad that didn't work out

2 hours ago, jidady said:

"CNN founder Ted Turner has revealed that he is suffering from Lewy body dementia, the same form of dementia that Robin Williams battled in the last few years of his life. "

Ugh, terrible. Can't wait for them to find cures to maladies like this.

Snitker almost quit last year due to Coppy

The Braves were considering parting ways with Brian Snitker at the end of the 2017 season, and the manager revealed to MLB.com’s Mark Bowman that he considered quitting out of frustration with then-Braves GM John Coppolella and president of baseball operations John Hart.  Snitker reached the point of contacting a clubhouse attendant back in Atlanta to say “Pack my things, I’m not coming back” after Coppolella criticized one of Snitker’s decisions during the Braves’ third-to-last game of the season, an otherwise meaningless matchup against the Marlins.  Snitker stuck around long enough, however, to see his situation unexpectedly change, due to Coppolella’s shocking resignation in the wake of a league investigation into international signing violations.  With Coppolella and, eventually, Hart both leaving the organization, Snitker formed a good relationship with new Atlanta GM Alex Anthopoulos and the rest is history, with the Braves winning the NL East.  Bowman’s piece is well worth a full read, as it details Snitker’s unlikely path to his first Major League managerial job after spending four decades in the Braves organization as a player, coach, and minor league skipper.

I was reading this story earlier. More than anything, what I take from it is how quickly and significantly Anthopolous changed the culture. 

What is MLB's obsession with making the Braves play at Colorado in April? 2019 will mark the 10th time since 1997 that the Braves will play in Colorado in April. That is just dumb!!!