Ransack

2018 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

741 posts in this topic

Molina, .278/.320/.495

Suzuki, .275/.345/.459

Molina has missed two games with a shoulder issue. If he's unable to get in then Suzuki should be the next added. 

Dawggone likes this

10 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Molina, .278/.320/.495

Suzuki, .275/.345/.459

Molina has missed two games with a shoulder issue. If he's unable to get in then Suzuki should be the next added. 

I'm still pissed about last year. ASG break numbers for Molina vs. Flowers.

• Molina - .270/.303/.411
  • Flowers - .306/.397/.440

Braves released Mauricio Cabrera. Cabrera couldn't find his control again. He had an ERA over 11 at A ball. 

Snitker also said Jose Ramirez may be out for the season.

Fried and McCarthy are expected to remain on the DL to begin the second half. Gohara is expected to fill that rotation spot for now. The Braves don't think Allard is ready for MLB yet and they want Touki to spend at least one month at AAA. Mark Bowman did add the Braves may consider Touki as a bullpen option to break him in slowly and boost the pen. Bullpen or not Anthopoulos wants at least a month of AAA work for Touki.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves have ended all Papa John's promotions. The team has cut all ties after the remarks made by the founder. 

Over the kneeling or did he say something else?

13 hours ago, K26dp said:

A racist who also blamed players protesting racial injustice for his crappy pizzas losing sales.

Couldn't have said better myself. He's just a terrible person.

I'd give your post a million likes if I could.

It's not like DOB to muckrake. He must have gotten that from someone, which means somebody thought McCarthy went off the reservation. We need to get that sorted out. It's just another example of our organization's internal communication issues.

Atlanta is 52-42 entering the All-Star Break. We're currently 3rd in the NL and 7th in baseball in run differential. I think most of us have significant concerns about what happens next, but it's certainly been an unexpectedly pleasant first half of the season.

Dawggone likes this