HMFIC

Falcons/Eagles Prediction

81 posts in this topic

Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)

The Falcons are favored in this game, which speaks volumes about the perception of Foles. He struggled in a big way in his final two games, which is why the top-seeded Eagles aren't getting the respect of a normal top seed.

SP

The Falcons went to Los Angeles last week and beat the Rams behind an impressive defensive showing. That defense, which finished the season ranked ninth overall and eighth in scoring, is as fast a unit as there is in the league. Young players on the unit made big strides as expected this season, players like linebacker Deion Jones and safety Keanu Neal, and they give that defense a lot of speed and talent. That will pose big problems for Foles, who is as ordinary as they come.

The Atlanta offense hasn't been as explosive this year, but they had a nice plan last week against the Rams and will continue use the run game to key their passing game. The Eagles can rush the passer, which is why the run game will be key. The Eagles were first in rushing defense, sixth in yards per rush. Even so, I think the Falcons win it behind the running game. They are a dangerous sixth seed, and even though this is a second straight road game, I think it shows here. Falcons take it.

Pick: Falcons 23, Eagles 17

27-6 Falcons

Falcons defense shines, 13-6 going into fourth quarter, two fourth quarter TD against demoralized  & tired Eagles team

Edited by Dr Boom

Think it'll be like the Rams game, with the Falcons pulling away in the second half. 26-10, Quinn doesn't call a TO late in the first half this time.

Love to see a couple of early picks from Foles and have it just snowball into a blowout, but just can't predict that.

Falcons offense will do close to replicating last week. I’m not sure the eagles can score many points on the falcons defense.

Falcons 16

Eagles 6

52 minutes ago, SyCo said:

Eagles 8 

Falcons 11

Don't hurt yourselves 

Eagles get 2 FGs and a safety (from a Roberts PR miscue), are up 8-0 for the majority of the game. Ryan throws a TD with under 2:00 to play, 2 pt try to tie is good. OT. Eagles win coin toss, defense forces three and out. Falcons then go on to score game-winning FG in OT. 

Edited by blackredfellow

3 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Eagles has never lost an divisional round.

The Eagles have lost in the divisional round multiple times in their history.

One of the most recent times they lost in the divisional round back in 2006 to the Saints.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Eagles have lost in the divisional round multiple times in their history.

One of the most recent times they lost in the divisional round back in 2006 to the Saints.

I meant the home game for divisional round.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

They've only faced the Falcons once in the divisional round.

Back in 2002.

Yup... But i meant to say Eagles never lost the divisional round at home.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this