Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2018 London Games

50 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

That would be awful. A team in London?? Home games would be a MAJOR advantage and they'd be ****** for away games.

They'd be based on the east coast for away game (blocks).

3 hours ago, Penumbra said:

Thank goodness the Falcons aren't going there. Just like MNF it seems we always lose. If memory serves, which is questionable, the last time we went there we blew a lead and lost to the Lions. Imagine that,...us blowing a lead.

yep it was a joke 

Penumbra likes this

3 hours ago, Penumbra said:

Thank goodness the Falcons aren't going there. Just like MNF it seems we always lose. If memory serves, which is questionable, the last time we went there we blew a lead and lost to the Lions. Imagine that,...us blowing a lead.

At least we were doing it before it was cool. 

Penumbra likes this

23 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

That would be awful. A team in London?? Home games would be a MAJOR advantage and they'd be ****** for away games.

I completely agree but that's what has been talked about for a long time.  One reason Jacksonville plays there every year. 

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah. Only the Falcons could lose a game on a false start by the opponent giving them another shot to kick the game-winning FG. What made it even worse was it being Matt Prater.

3 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I'm still annoyed by that. I understand it's a pre-snap penalty, blah, blah, blah but man, it just FEELS like something the opposition should be able to decline. :lol:

There was no 10 second runoff or anything like that? Forgive me, the only I remember from that game was 3rd and 23. 

1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I completely agree but that's what has been talked about for a long time.  One reason Jacksonville plays there every year. 

I know and it's a terrible money grab idea. It would ruin that team.

Godzilla1985 likes this

I liked the London games. I went to one last year, it was between Jaguars and Ravens. It was fun, like a mini Super Bowl due to the "neutral" site and there were concerts, players meet and greet and many other events surround it.  Fans from many different teams wore their favorite teams' jerseys. I wouldn't mind going to one when Falcons play there again. 

6 hours ago, Penumbra said:

It lead us to Dan Quinn so it's all good. Our defense is balling! 

Penumbra likes this

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

What do Brits think about "American Football"?

Here, let's take a look:

DTRqfJ4X0AI0Z3Q?format=jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-10/the-nfl-targets-london-britons-find-it-boring

Doesn't mean much unless you know how many people watched each sport. Athletics could only have 1000 ppl watching compared to 2 million viewers watching football. 

I'm both quite happy and a tad disappointed the Falcons aren't coming here.

I'll see them some day but not at the expense of these horrific games. Plus I don't wanna give Spurs or the FA any of my money to watch them.

23 hours ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

I liked the London games. I went to one last year, it was between Jaguars and Ravens. It was fun, like a mini Super Bowl due to the "neutral" site and there were concerts, players meet and greet and many other events surround it.  Fans from many different teams wore their favorite teams' jerseys. I wouldn't mind going to one when Falcons play there again. 

It has its good points, but the league needs to address the competitive disadvantage resulting from giving up a home game. Maybe teams losing a home game should get a mid round compensatory draft pick.

And of course season ticket holders should get a price break for losing a home game.

Don't count your chickens yet.  The Falcons owe the league a London game - its part of their Super Bowl host contract.  Ditto for any team hosting a Super Bowl.

On 1/11/2018 at 0:05 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

That's the only time the Falcons have played in London.

Also, people need to get over this MNF jinx, and primetime games in general. Yes, the Falcons for the longest time held the worst MNF record in history, but not anymore. Falcons MNF record is now better than the Bengals and Texans, and they're not that far off passing the Cardinals. Surprisingly some historically good franchises, like the Giants and Redskins, have awful MNF records.

MNF Records

Their primetime record since Matt Ryan has been QB is good. Falcons are 16-11 in primetime games.

I’ll go one better. . . overall the Falcons are above .500 since 1990. . .  217-214-1

2 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I’ll go one better. . . overall the Falcons are above .500 since 1990. . .  217-214-1

Yep. And it's even better than that since Blank has been running things. Who would have guessed that the Falcons have the 11th best record in the NFL since 2002?

Link

Since 2008 under Matt Ryan the Falcons have the 4th best record in the NFL.

Link

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. And it's even better than that since Blank has been running things. Who would have guessed that the Falcons have the 11th best record in the NFL since 2002?

Link

Since 2008 under Matt Ryan the Falcons have the 4th best record in the NFL.

Link

I believe it.  8 playoff appearances and 3 conference championship games in 15 years is nothing to sneeze at.   A lot better than the Cowboys, Redskins, Bears or other teams that get crammed down our throats every week

Falconsfan567 likes this

16 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I believe it.  8 playoff appearances and 3 conference championship games in 15 years is nothing to sneeze at.   A lot better than the Cowboys, Redskins, Bears or other teams that get crammed down our throats every week

Falcons 6 playoff wins since 2002 is just 1 short of franchises like the Saints, Broncos and Eagles that gets ton of respect and attention.

Penumbra likes this

On 1/11/2018 at 3:09 PM, dmite said:

Jacksonville owner signed up for it.  Can only blame the team.  They removed the tarp in their stadium for the first time in many years to allow more seats to be sold for the playoff game.  They’re still not hugely popular there. 

Not true, they love their team and just haven't had much to cheer about.

They just get a bum rap like we have by media types who really don't much about this fan base.

14 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

Not true, they love their team and just haven't had much to cheer about.

They just get a bum rap like we have by media types who really don't much about this fan base.

Yep. Go back and look at the attendance numbers in the 90s when they were winning.

• 1995 = 7th
  • 1996 = 17th
  • 1997 = 19th
  • 1998 = 8th
  • 1999 = 11th
  • 2000 = 25th
  • 2001 = 28th

BTW, just for the record, guess where the Patriots ranked in attendance in 2001? 29th. The Seahawks? 23rd in 2001.

Like any other team, winning matters. Once they started losing in 2000 they started having attendance problems.

BTW, that's overall attendance, will do home attendance in a second.

Here's ranks of home attendance.

• 1995 = 5th
  • 1996 = 7th
  • 1997 = 6th
  • 1998 = 7th
  • 1999 = 13th
  • 2000 = 22nd
  • 2001 = 22nd

So the Jaguars do have good fan support when they put a winning product on the field. That's true for every team. Only in places like Kansas City, Green Bay and Broncos, can the team suck total monkey balls and it not have any effect on their attendance. Other places that get credit for having good fan bases, Patriots, Saints, Seahawks, ect. their attendance is tied directly to on field success.

me4falcons likes this

14 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think the Eagles/Jaguars game could be good but the other two matchups are awful.

Only if Jacksonville has a offense that can move the ball for at least 1 half