Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2018 London Games

50 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Penumbra said:

Thank goodness the Falcons aren't going there. Just like MNF it seems we always lose. If memory serves, which is questionable, the last time we went there we blew a lead and lost to the Lions. Imagine that,...us blowing a lead.

Like deja vu all over again.  :lol:

Penumbra likes this

7 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

Thank goodness the Falcons aren't going there. Just like MNF it seems we always lose. If memory serves, which is questionable, the last time we went there we blew a lead and lost to the Lions. Imagine that,...us blowing a lead.

We didn't just blow a lead (that would be too simple a heartbreak for Falcons fans).

We basically won the game on a missed field goal and then a penalty on the freaking LIONS meant they got to kick it again. And they made it. And they won.

And Smitty knew it was his job.

Oy.

I'm glad we're staying in the States.

3 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

We didn't just blow a lead (that would be too simple a heartbreak for Falcons fans).

We basically won the game on a missed field goal and then a penalty on the freaking LIONS meant they got to kick it again. And they made it. And they won.

Oy.

Falcons returned the favor to Lions in 2017, Lions thought the game was won only to lose it on review. 

Penumbra likes this

2 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

That's the only time the Falcons have played in London.

Also, people need to get over this MNF jinx, and primetime games in general. Yes, the Falcons for the longest time held the worst MNF record in history, but not anymore. Falcons MNF record is now better than the Bengals and Texans, and they're not that far off passing the Cardinals. Surprisingly some historically good franchises, like the Giants and Redskins, have awful MNF records.

MNF Records

Their primetime record since Matt Ryan has been QB is good. Falcons are 16-11 in primetime games.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

4 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Oy.

Yeah. Only the Falcons could lose a game on a false start by the opponent giving them another shot to kick the game-winning FG. What made it even worse was it being Matt Prater.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah. Only the Falcons could lose a game on a false start by the opponent giving them another shot to kick the game-winning FG. What made it even worse was it being Matt Prater.

I'm still annoyed by that. I understand it's a pre-snap penalty, blah, blah, blah but man, it just FEELS like something the opposition should be able to decline. :lol:

1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I'm still annoyed by that. I understand it's a pre-snap penalty, blah, blah, blah but man, it just FEELS like something the opposition should be able to decline. :lol:

Yep. That's one of those things that should be changed.

Yeah, hard to complain with the primetime record this season. Not including the primetime playoff game last week, the Falcons were 1-1 on Sunday Night (beat GB, lost to NE) and 2-0 on MNF (beat SEA and TB). Not bad!

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's the only time the Falcons have played in London.

Also, people need to get over this MNF jinx, and primetime games in general. Yes, the Falcons for the longest time held the worst MNF record in history, but not anymore. Falcons MNF record is now better than the Bengals and Texans, and they're not that far off passing the Cardinals. Surprisingly some historically good franchises, like the Giants and Redskins, have awful MNF records.

MNF Records

Their primetime record since Matt Ryan has been QB is good. Falcons are 16-11 in primetime games.

It's been even better since DQ arrived. The Falcons only two losses to memory on primetime games (SNF, MNF, and TNF) is against the Saints (TNF) and the Patriots (SNF). Since Quinn arrived Falcons are 4-0 on MNF.

Why am I not surprised that Jags are playing in london again? Sucks for Jag fans to only have 7 home games and probably pay just as much as 8 home games.

15 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Meanwhile teams like the Packers are given a veto over giving up a home game to London. If the NFL spent as much effort into treating all 32 teams fairly instead of coddling the favored few, they might get some growth into the sport instead of continually trying to force the game into a nation where it will at best only become a secondary sport.

I miss the good ol days when we played 1 on sunday unless we were on the west coast then it was at  4 ,  MNF not to bad but not a fan of TNF or 8:30 games 

18 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Why am I not surprised that Jags are playing in london again? Sucks for Jag fans to only have 7 home games and probably pay just as much as 8 home games.

They are Londons adopted team , they play every year there.

These games always are bad for fantasy because you have to decide on these early players without knowing the actives for the later games.

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Just move the ****ed Jaguars to London and stop this ridiculous ****.

That would be awful. A team in London?? Home games would be a MAJOR advantage and they'd be ****** for away games.

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Which sucks for their true fans in Jacksonville.

Well, at least the 2000 or so Jacksonville fans get to watch it on TV instead of it getting blacked out....

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Which sucks for their true fans in Jacksonville.

Jacksonville owner signed up for it.  Can only blame the team.  They removed the tarp in their stadium for the first time in many years to allow more seats to be sold for the playoff game.  They’re still not hugely popular there. 

Penumbra likes this