Surprised No One Has Mentioned This on Takk

17 minutes ago, Hometownfan said:

401 snaps.  That's a LOT of 3rd downs....LOL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2017-snap-counts.htm

Shelby has almost 400 too though, I don't feel like he had a lot of opportunities. But the difference is Takk is a rookie in a rotation and as a pass rusher he was maybe the best one we had. He's been very consistent in getting to the QB the last 5 or 6 weeks as well while other rookies might be hitting the wall. He deserves to be called out for playing very well. Very well for any player, exceptionally well for a rookie. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Everyone was really quick to jump to Beasley's defense his first season, given that he set the franchise record for a rookie with 4 sacks (myself included).

But, meanwhile, I haven't seen a single person point out that Takk did that and then some - breaking the record with 6 sacks, and adding another postseason sack in his very first postseason start.

I'm a huge Beasley fan. Pretty unabashed about it, and still think he can get back to double digits. That said, Takk is easily capable of putting up 8-12 sacks with a bigger role as well, and hes' becoming one of my favorite Falcons period.

If this team keeps drafting well, all that talk about dynasties (which is still FAR too early imho) might just be validated with the absurd amount of talent we seem to bring in every year. This was our worst draft in the Quinn/TD regime and still has a ton of promise.

I'm convinced Takk is better at this point. Beasley has all the potential. He just never seems to get going until the heat is on him. He needs more internal motivation to make plays.

Takk is only the second NCAA guy I had in my real time mock that Dimi took. Hoop was the other one. 

That could have been Quinn, Pioli or the GM triumvirate.

Still believe we should have taken Gurley over Beasley and double or triple dipped at edge rusher in that draft.

Takk is an as beater though. Trust me. Beasley is lookin like a tweener so far. He needs to master either LB or DE.

5 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

If Takk pans out, he's all that matters of the 2017 NFL Draft. If Duke steps up next year like Campbell did this season, great draft. If Kazee and Harlow become contributors, amazing draft.

I agree and I'm looking forward to watching our homegrown for talent for a long time. Kazee is going to turn out as a valuable pick up too imo. 

6 hours ago, EddieK said:

Takk had a great rookie season.  You can see him getting better as the season went on.  I think his greatest strength so far is setting the edge against the run, he's been really good at that and will only get better.

I think he's gonna have a playoff game akin to Grady's game last year in the SB. His motor is bananas.

10 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

If Takk pans out, he's all that matters of the 2017 NFL Draft. If Duke steps up next year like Campbell did this season, great draft. If Kazee and Harlow become contributors, amazing draft.

Takk looks very promising. I think the game is starting to slow down for him. You can see him really thinking about situational football v. just running around like his hair is on fire. You just get the feeling that he knows what he's doing now.

Jury is out on Duke. He just needs to be locked in the film room, and not be allowed to come out until we're able to change his name to Professor. If the light ever does come on for him, lookout because he has the speed to be special.

I think Kazee has already become a steady contributor. His ST play has been really good of late. In the last game he had what seemed like 3 or 4 big tackles on STs. I think he'll be ready to compete with Allen next season, too. Which is good for the team, as it encourages competition.

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Takk is only the second NCAA guy I had in my real time mock that Dimi took. Hoop was the other one. 

That could have been Quinn, Pioli or the GM triumvirate.

Still believe we should have taken Gurley over Beasley and double or triple dipped at edge rusher in that draft.

Takk is an as beater though. Trust me. Beasley is lookin like a tweener so far. He needs to master either LB or DE.

lol. 

The dudes you wanted are some combination of out of the league, perpetually injured and/or unproductive. 

Meanwhile, Beasley has been more productive than all but one of his classmates, all but one of the prior year's edge rushers and all but one of 2013's edge rushers. 

Oh yeah, and our RBs have been better and more productive than Gurley for a significantly cheaper price. 

8 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

lol. 

The dudes you wanted are some combination of out of the league, perpetually injured and/or unproductive. 

Meanwhile, Beasley has been more productive than all but one of his classmates, all but one of the prior year's edge rushers and all but one of 2013's edge rushers. 

Oh yeah, and our RBs have been better and more productive than Gurley for a significantly cheaper price. 

What? Gurley would have been paired with Free. If you think Gurley and Free ain't better than Coleman and Free then I really can't help you bro. By the way, Free and Coleman have made $8.9M, while Gurley made $9.4M. Significantly cheaper huh?

As for the guys I picked as pass rushers in 2015, I aint the GM. Dimi is. That class was loaded with pass rushers. Dimi should have taken Gurley and two or three of these guys:

Danielle Hunter - 25.5 sacks

Frank Clark - 22.0 sacks

Preston Smith - 20.5 sacks

Markus Golden - 16.5 sacks

Trey Flowers - 13.5 sacks

Za'Darius Smith - 10.0 sacks

Hau'Oli Kikaha - 8.0 sacks

We would have been way better and you know it. Todd Gurley, Danielle Hunter, Za'Darius Smith and Hau'Oli Kikaha? Or Vic Beasley, Tevin Coleman, Justin Hardy and Jalen Collins? LMAO.

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

What? Gurley would have been paired with Free. If you think Gurley and Free ain't better than Coleman and Free then I really can't help you bro. By the way, Free and Coleman have made $8.9M, while Gurley made $9.4M. Significantly cheaper huh?

As for the guys I picked as pass rushers in 2015, I aint the GM. Dimi is. That class was loaded with pass rushers. Dimi should have taken Gurley and two or three of these guys:

Danielle Hunter - 25.5 sacks

Frank Clark - 22.0 sacks

Preston Smith - 20.5 sacks

Markus Golden - 16.5 sacks

Trey Flowers - 13.5 sacks

Za'Darius Smith - 10.0 sacks

Hau'Oli Kikaha - 8.0 sacks

We would have been way better and you know it. Todd Gurley, Danielle Hunter, Za'Darius Smith and Hau'Oli Kikaha? Or Vic Beasley, Tevin Coleman, Justin Hardy and Jalen Collins? LMAO.

Gurley is a bell cow back. Wouldn’t be a pairing. He’s not a tandem back. Free would’ve caught the first thing smoking to get out of Atl because gurley would’ve commanded 98% if the snaps. 

30 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Gurley is a bell cow back. Wouldn’t be a pairing. He’s not a tandem back. Free would’ve caught the first thing smoking to get out of Atl because gurley would’ve commanded 98% if the snaps. 

LMAO. Gurley only had 61.5% of the Rams rushes. If he'd gotten the same percentage here that still would have left 166 snaps for Free. He only had 196 this year.

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Gurley only had 61.5% of the Rams rushes. If he'd gotten the same percentage here that still would have left 166 snaps for Free. He only had 196 this year.

Lmao So we would have drafted a running back 8th overall to be in an RBBC, makes complete sense. 

Rams averages 27.6 rushing attempts per game  Gurley averaged 18.6 attempts per game. So about 67% of the carries, per game, went to him. 

Gurley played 76.28% of the Rams snaps. Freeman played 53.81% of the Falcons snaps. So there’s a huge disparity in the total amount of snaps each player plays

So yeah, your numbers don’t exactly tell the whole story, or the complete truth, as usual.  

Also I absolutely love how you consistently leave out Gregory and Odighizuwa in every post about Gurley. Remember how you were constantly talking about them before switching your narrative. You’re a joke. Lol