ike barn87987

Bucky Brooks on our defense

39 posts in this topic

I don’t think the team is afraid if the Eagles...they’re looking forward to shutting down the run and busting some holes in Foles. 

They know they’re the better team by far and recognize this is winning time

8 minutes ago, Papa's Home said:

I saw Roquan Smith play the pick play perfectly Monday night, he ran behind the pick and then came up fast t make the tackle, Was a great play.

Would be nice to have him on the Falcons next year

Slappywhite and Papa's Home like this

4 minutes ago, Dr Boom said:

I don’t think the team is afraid if the Eagles...they’re looking forward to shutting down the run and busting some holes in Foles. 

They know they’re the better team by far and recognize this is winning time

Its not about being afraid.  I don't think any team looks at their schedule and gets scared.

They study the film and put the work in on the concepts that the staff lays out for them.  Some teams are just better it than others.

J-Nice and mtldirtybird like this

18 minutes ago, Papa's Home said:

I saw Roquan Smith play the pick play perfectly Monday night, he ran behind the pick and then came up fast t make the tackle, Was a great play.

Can he do it in NFL?

Stryka likes this

8 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

Its not about being afraid.  I don't think any team looks at their schedule and gets scared.

They study the film and put the work in on the concepts that the staff lays out for them.  Some teams are just better it than others.

I believe resignation that you probably won’t win does occur in some locker rooms of talent deficient teams. 

If the game starts going sideways early that team will give up early. Especially if they lack leadership. 

Happens to coaches too. 

Confidence can give you an immeasurable advantage in competition. 

Edited by Dr Boom
PokerSteve and Slappywhite like this

The Eagles are using the underdog label to fuel them and provide some focus. 

But that’s because they KNOW they’re at a disadvantage. Everybody knows it. 

Are you gonna score 14+ on this defense and limit our offense to something under 20? 

There is doubt. 

3 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Check out @BuckyBrooks’s Tweet:

Watching games this has been the biggest surprise to me, especially considering it's this very concept that won us the Detroit game, when Poole switched his man.  Not doing it has definitely bitten us in the butt this season and led to some big plays -- a couple against the Saints come to mind.  

Manual knows his guys, though, and if they've gotten it ironed out, then dilly, dilly.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons don't always do a great job with the rubs in the red zone though, but I have no doubt that has been addressed.

In that condensed space rub routes.....or pick plays when the saints do it..........phick the saints.

Anywhoodles.....in that condensed space it a well ran rub route is  is hard as chit to defend

1 hour ago, Dr Boom said:

I believe resignation that you probably won’t win does occur in some locker rooms of talent deficient teams. 

If the game starts going sideways early that team will give up early. Especially if they lack leadership. 

Happens to coaches too. 

Agree with everything you said. When you know your team lacks talent, or has other issues, it is going to affect your confidence level. And if you're on a team like that, when things go bad early, you're going to experience a let-down mentally and emotionally and will start to lose heart.

But confidence is the great elixir of success. If you're on a team with a lot of talent, it's going to exude confidence that will infect and uplift the play/performance of even the least talented members of the team. And, you won't give up when the going gets tough.

Golfers, tennis players, pool players all know the quality of your play is going to be almost completely dependent on your confidence level. That also goes for sports teams.

We should be very confident and loose going into this Eagles game. There's no doubt the Falcons have everything they need to win this one and every game they have left and they know it. Just have to get fair calls by the zebras and take care of business.

Vandy and Dr Boom like this

14 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree with everything you said. When you know your team lacks talent, or has other issues, it is going to affect your confidence level. And if you're on a team like that, when things go bad early, you're going to experience a let-down mentally and emotionally and will start to lose heart.

But confidence is the great elixir of success. If you're on a team with a lot of talent, it's going to exude confidence that will infect and uplift the play/performance of even the least talented members of the team. And, you won't give up when the going gets tough.

Golfers, tennis players, pool players all know the quality of your play is going to be almost completely dependent on your confidence level. That also goes for sports teams.

We should be very confident and loose going into this Eagles game. There's no doubt the Falcons have everything they need to win this one and every game they have left and they know it. Just have to get fair calls by the zebras and take care of business.

Game. Set. Match. 

PokerSteve likes this

3 hours ago, Dr Boom said:

Happens to coaches too. 

Sure, but that's not fear either.  There's a big difference between me doubting that I could win a foot race with Julio Jones and me being afraid to race him.

Slappywhite likes this

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons don't always do a great job with the rubs in the red zone though, but I have no doubt that has been addressed.

Get over past miscues mate. Look at our 4th quarter defensive intensity  and pts allowed / game. 

We are almost a TOUCHDOWN lower than past year and best what Ive seen since decade.

I would never imagine ....seeing such positive impact on defense. 

1 hour ago, Dr Boom said:

Game. Set. Match. 

Eagles are more under pressure. Apparently, they are not at all confident of their accomplishments and are butt hurt over being underdogs. 

They have to prove more than us....we just need to take care of the ball...be on plus side of T.O.P and TURNOVERS. 

11 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Get over past miscues mate. Look at our 4th quarter defensive intensity  and pts allowed / game. 

We are almost a TOUCHDOWN lower than past year and best what Ive seen since decade.

I would never imagine ....seeing such positive impact on defense. 

Frankly I thought this defense would be better for the entire season, but yeah, I've been hyping them more than anyone over the way they've played the last month.

That being said, the Falcons have given up 3 red zone TDs on pick/rub routes in the last 6 games, including on Saturday night, so this isn't exactly an issue from the past.

28 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

Sure, but that's not fear either.  There's a big difference between me doubting that I could win a foot race with Julio Jones and me being afraid to race him.

Not really tho. Doubt creates fear. You can’t go into competition with doubts of your ability. When I played football and  ran track I felt I could beat anybody. ANYBODY. And 99.9% of the time I was right. Even if I couldn’t straight up out run a competitor. I adjusted to win.

When I ran the 100m I couldn’t outrun a lot of those long legged Julio jones type guys I went against but I never doubted my get off ability. That was my advantage. Coming out of the blocks fast and furious. By the time those long legged guys closed on me it was too late. I’d already won the race. I ran a 4.3 40 and it was mostly because of how quick I started. I just never doubted myself at all. EVER. Even now today I don’t doubt me. I always bet on me.

I never thought about my competition because the competition was always competing with myself. Not the other guy. That’s the mindset Quinn has planted in the Falcons. Don’t worry about THEM. Worry about US. Play OUR game. F*ck them. And when you have that mindset you do what we did to the rams. 

GANDI, kiwifalcon, MSalmon and 2 others like this

24 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Eagles are more under pressure. Apparently, they are not at all confident of their accomplishments and are butt hurt over being underdogs. 

They have to prove more than us....we just need to take care of the ball...be on plus side of T.O.P and TURNOVERS. 

I think all the pressure lies on Foles’ shoulders. He has to be really good for the Eagles to win this game. 

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

Frankly I thought this defense would be better for the entire season, but yeah, I've been hyping them more than anyone over the way they've played the last month.

That being said, the Falcons have given up 3 red zone TDs on pick/rub routes in the last 6 games, including on Saturday night, so this isn't exactly an issue from the past.

Its very easy to cherry pick on anything and infact any elite team.

If Falcons are giving up less than 19pts & if we are 10-0 when our offense scores over 20 pts.

I grade our defense A + and that gives us a chance to ALL the way!

Its TIME NOW our offense starts putting up more than 28 pts for us to have legit shot.