Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlrfalcon

I hope the Falcons WIN this weekend

30 posts in this topic

This is to offset the negative thread - if you want the Falcons to lose, why bother to even visit the message board or even think about the team?

A few reasons this team should win this weekend and ultimately the Superbowl:

1) It is time for a 6th seed to win

2) Nobody except Boston wants NE to win again

3) Minnesota cannot be allowed to win in its home

4) Falcons need to rid the hangover theory

5) The AFC has won 4 of the last 5 Superbowls

6) Pittsburgh & New Orleans are bad PR-wise

7) Blank and Goodell are on good terms

8) Atlanta is due for something

9) NFC South was best division this year

10) Atlanta would be a good never give up story

33 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

This point is interesting after the whole Jerry Jones fiasco. 

44 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

This is to offset the negative thread - if you want the Falcons to lose, why bother to even visit the message board or even think about the team?

A few reasons this team should win this weekend and ultimately the Superbowl:

1) It is time for a 6th seed to win

2) Nobody except Boston wants NE to win again

3) Minnesota cannot be allowed to win in its home

4) Falcons need to rid the hangover theory

5) The AFC has won 4 of the last 5 Superbowls

6) Pittsburgh & New Orleans are bad PR-wise

8) Atlanta is due for something

9) NFC South was best division this year

10) Atlanta would be a good never give up story

Amen. Falcons super bowl victory = money! Redemption

Reasons why the Falcons will win Saturday:

1) Falcons 4-4 to start the year, 6-2 to finish the regular season = 10-6

2) Falcons hold the best offense to 13 points and score 26 points on the road + Julio gets a TD + 2 TO's taken, none given

3) Eagles have an unstable QB to replace a QB that heavily relied on

4) Ryan is playing in his hometown with lots of local support likely

5) No major injuries to worry about all week, biggest concern is Ryan taking a practice off for personal matters

6) Weather in Philadelphia will be a little cold but bad weather will be a day later

7) Officials do not show record of flag-happiness or home-friendliness

8) Las Vegas currently likes us as the favorite

9) Eagles have not played in two weeks and will probably start slow due to lack of play

10) Falcons have more playoff experience overall (only NFC team from last year to repeat in playoffs)

vabchbirdlover likes this

Have fun watching the Saints stomp us and use it as rivalry fodder for eternity. Hopefully they don't put a statue of a major play in the game in their Stadium.

I think the Falcons might win Saturday but it would only be so we as a fan base can suffer a more devastating loss at the hands of the Saints. We only win to lose worse later down the line

Edited by MAD597

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Have fun watching the Saints stomp us and use it as rivalry fodder for eternity. Hopefully they don't put a statue of a major play in the game in their Stadium.

I think the Falcons might win Saturday but it would only be so we as a fan base can suffer a more devastating loss at the hands of the Saints. We only win to lose worse later down the line

:argh:

19 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

This point is interesting after the whole Jerry Jones fiasco. 

except that's the point the taints fans used for why the refs called our first game so favorably for us, which was then blown completely out of the water the way they called the second game.....:ninja:

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I thought you were done? if you're done, why hang around here and try to be a wet blanket. Wow another addition to my ignore list.

Falcons32 likes this

2 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

I thought you were done? if you're done, why hang around here and try to be a wet blanket. Wow another addition to my ignore list.

I'm going to vent till I feel better, After decades of losing/buying tickets/gear etc that is the least this team can do is allow me to vent on their official forums about the epic failures of the team

4 hours ago, MAD597 said:

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Never seen someone try to rationalize trolling before, kudos on that.

2 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

How do you add someone to ignore? I tried to add this clown the other day (via his own suggestion) but couldn't find out how. He soooo needs to be gone from my life.

Edited by crimsonhawk
Falcons32 likes this

5 hours ago, MAD597 said:

**** off

#10 seems to be to good for us as fans.

It's like we've all done something in a previous life to not deserve it.

I feel like going into LA and beating the Rams last week she took off any notion there was a hangover.

Honestly I have great faith and confidence that we will take care of business this Saturday! I also feel that with that in place I really can't complain about who we face next week should we win.  If we face the Vikings we get the chance to make up for a poor performance earlier in the season and get back to the Super Bowl while pulling from their grasp the opportunity to play and host it in the same year.  On the flip side of the coin, I know there is always that worry in the back of people's minds that if we were to play New Orleans instead and we don't pull out the win, then it will be something that will hang forever.  But I don't see it working out that way.  Emotions will be super high if we go to MBSD and I truly feel we can get back to NFC champions at minimum if we just play our game.  Defense has taken care of this team for most of the year and with us shutting down their tandem and now their defense allowing more and more yards and points it would be the perfect time to ball out and play for everything.  We always play them close and games are always exciting.  The momentum we are moving with would make this be one of the best games of all time.  And just think should we go through NO on their field for the chance at the most important game all year, that is something that we will be able to hold onto forever.  Because technically no matter what happens (Even though i feel if we get to the SB we will win it) they wont be able to say anything to us because we left them laying there just below our feet and took away the chance they all clamored about having.  IDK.  Im taking this one game at a time, but they thought of all this emotion and adrenaline pumping is just too good to not think about LOL

On 1/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Amen. Falcons super bowl victory = money! Redemption

8 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Reasons why the Falcons will win Saturday:

1) Falcons 4-4 to start the year, 6-2 to finish the regular season = 10-6

2) Falcons hold the best offense to 13 points and score 26 points on the road + Julio gets a TD + 2 TO's taken, none given

3) Eagles have an unstable QB to replace a QB that heavily relied on

4) Ryan is playing in his hometown with lots of local support likely

5) No major injuries to worry about all week, biggest concern is Ryan taking a practice off for personal matters

6) Weather in Philadelphia will be a little cold but bad weather will be a day later

7) Officials do not show record of flag-happiness or home-friendliness

8) Las Vegas currently likes us as the favorite

9) Eagles have not played in two weeks and will probably start slow due to lack of play

10) Falcons have more playoff experience overall (only NFC team from last year to repeat in playoffs)

Imagine what the celebration would have been like if the Falcons had hung on against the Patriots.

If it happens this year...take that...and multiply times 10! The city of Atlanta would get torn apart.