Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Everyone needs to stop being negative.

63 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Tandy said:

It isn't about rooting for them.  I'd never root or give my heart to another team but the Falcons and the Dogs.   I cheer for the Yellow Jackets unless they are playing the Bulldogs because I grew up in Atlanta and they were the team - but I went to UGA and my loyalties are there.     I like to watch some other teams play - especially those with good defense, but my loyalty is always with the Falcons and that's who I'll support.

Supporting them and believing they are going to actually come through at the end of the year - is different.   I learned last night that believing doesn't make it happen.   I've been through this so many times with them, with the Falcons, with the Hawks and the Braves - and over and over again they prove to me that believing only makes you hurt more.

I pulled myself out of my seat at the Super Bowl last year and felt like I left part of my soul back in that seat.    Last night, I made the mistake of actually believing again.    

**** - getting kicked in the teeth over and over tends to make you a little wary, you know?     I will cheer for the Falcons as far as they go - but I'm not going to believe they'll win it all - because they probably won't and it's gonna hurt too much getting all hyped up for the 10,000 foot drop with no chute.    

If they win - THEN I'll believe - until then - I'll just cheer for them, support them and enjoy the games.    I just can't believe - it hurts too much at the end of that drop.

I really don't see this as being negative - more like protecting your heart and facing reality.

This...and I'm not even a Bulldog fan. I DID watch the game last night tho and cheered them on. That's why it didn't even bother me when they lost. When Alabama put 10 points on the board that's when I said "uh oh". That's how much doubt I have in these teams winning it all during championship games no matter HOW much of a lead we have. The SB taught me a serious lesson on not believing ANYTHING till the clock reaches 0. The Falcons might make it to the ship again. They might not, but best believe if they lose I will be more happy than anything else to get as far as we did this season because no one else believed we'd make it after what happened in February. My heart is not truly invested this season after that catastrophe. That could change when we win the big one. A person can only endure so many heartaches.

crimsonhawk likes this

8 hours ago, slamee101 said:

cat-manicure.gif?resize=300,276

Good luck with that.

Aside from the last 11 months...it always amazes me when people "call out" other fans for not being optimistic on our teams.  When have they rewarded all that optimism that so many are convinced makes the difference between winning a title and losing one?  

The people here are fans and will still watch and cheer generally speaking but when the teams here continue to come up short I don't really think it's wrong to "not believe" things are going to be different.

I don't understand why it's so hard for some posters on these boards to understand this. Born and raised in Atlanta, been watching Atl sports teams my whole life. Outside of the one Braves world series, when have Ga teams ever gave us a reason to be confident that they wouldn't choke on the big stage?

12 hours ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Everyone is going to talk **** about us. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same....that’s what I thought. Our teams need us now more than ever to support them, not b!tch and complain because of crap we can’t control. Our team is still in the playoffs about to play the number 1 seed. GO FALCONS! Let’s get these chumps!

Ridiculous!  You live in a fantasy world.  What we say here, what someone thinks, whether negative or positive won't affect how the Falcons play.  Personally, I think the Falcons will win the SB.  But, if everyone else were to disagree, it won't affect the outcome.

Wins are the worst thing that can happen to people around here. Every day when I come in to check what's going on I say to myself "Let's see what's happening in the 'Pit of Despair'".

10 hours ago, Rod23 said:

I don't understand why it's so hard for some posters on these boards to understand this. Born and raised in Atlanta, been watching Atl sports teams my whole life. Outside of the one Braves world series, when have Ga teams ever gave us a reason to be confident that they wouldn't choke on the big stage?

Yep, you know it would be one thing if we only had one championship cause the teams always sucked. But we have had many chances in every sport to bring a championship home and all but that one time have choked it away. To me that is a worse fate than if we have always sucked I'd probably have just ignored the teams.

Also in other cities usually one of the Pro teams has a good history and bring home a title every once in awhile. in ATL and Ga all the teams choke it away in nearly the same circumstances.

We are a state of chokers our teams always choke and it is silly to expect the fans to keep supporting this crap year after year. If a sports team in Ga wants fan support win it all first then come talk to us about support. Until then gent bent.

53 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Go Falcons!

Beat Philly!

Go Eagles!!!

Better than losing to the Saints in the NFC Champioship.

As a falcon fan it's going hard to watch my team play in the super bowl. 

Because of the history of them choking  games away. We had our souls crushed last year. I don't want to go through that pain again.

34 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Go Eagles!!!

Better than losing to the Saints in the NFC Champioship.

I understand, you suffer from battered fan syndrome...bless your heart.

14 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

This...and I'm not even a Bulldog fan. I DID watch the game last night tho and cheered them on. That's why it didn't even bother me when they lost. When Alabama put 10 points on the board that's when I said "uh oh". That's how much doubt I have in these teams winning it all during championship games no matter HOW much of a lead we have. The SB taught me a serious lesson on not believing ANYTHING till the clock reaches 0. The Falcons might make it to the ship again. They might not, but best believe if they lose I will be more happy than anything else to get as far as we did this season because no one else believed we'd make it after what happened in February. My heart is not truly invested this season after that catastrophe. That could change when we win the big one. A person can only endure so many heartaches.

This! Temper your expectaions, watch the games for fun, and if they win celebrate, if they lose move on. It was a hard lesson that was taught last Feb, but one that I learned.