Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Everyone needs to stop being negative.

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

If you believe complaining is pointless and has no effect on the outcome, what makes you think support is any different? 

Screaming rise up puts the same amount of points on the board as groaning same ol falcons. 

Everyone just do what you feel. 

Thank you.. Just like all your GameDay rituals it don't mean a dang thang.. The teams lose cuz the teams lose not because of the fan base 

Ignoring his pre-Torre years with the team and GM years, Bobby Cox got the Braves to the World Series in his 2nd year as "manager" (Schuerholz's 2nd year as GM).  And, of course, the Braves blew that series but did go onto a long streak of division titles and one WS championship under him.

Boston - Red Sox did have a jinx, but have had the Celtics in the past and Patriots to definitely offset

Chicago - Bulls and Jordan were great, Cubs were bad but even they got something recently, Bears have had their years

Cincinnati - Some bad years with Bengals and Reds, but the Big Red Machine was great in the 70's

Cleveland - The Indians were bad and Browns are bad, but they have had the Cavaliers to punish everyone for awhile

Detroit - The Tigers were great in the mid-80's and the Piston's were a great basketball team for awhile

Los Angeles/New York - Their teams can usually buy their championships

San Francisco - the 49ers had 2 great QB's and may have their 3rd now, Giants have won and Golden State just won

Can any city proclaim to have had it worse than Atlanta for the last 50 years or so? 1 championship?

MAD597, Godzilla1985 and ZoneOne01 like this

As bad as it is to lose these big games.....growing up with the Falcons, Bulldogs, Braves, Hawks and Flames in the 70’s was pretty tough and started me out with really low expectations. (Flames we’re actually decent). Things I’ve gotten to witness, really cherish and check off my bucket list:

UGA National Championship 1980

Braves World Championship 1995

The Falcons winning the Super Bowl is the big empty spot in my soul. 

Maybe this Falcons team is like the early 90’s Braves and we’ll somehow win it soon. These are still great times and I’ll always enjoy them even if they piss me the f*ck off sometimes. 

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Yep no football team Pro or College in the state of Ga has won a FULL championship since 1980 when UGA did it.

We have not only seen losing but losing in ways that was pretty much designed to stomp on our hopes as fans.

At some point it's just not worth it, Eventually I'll just move on and find another hobby, but right now I'm angry and want to take out my anger at these inept teams

Georgia Southern wants all of its national championships back...

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

It's ******** it really is..how hard is it to finish out a game?? Really?? Today isnt a good day for me and I've had Bama fans text me nothing but roll tide and other crap..when will we ever get to win something 

Never, its pointless to even care anymore. As soon as I'm not angry I won't pay a lick of attention to Georgia sports teams. In the Meantime though I'm going to vent at them until i feel better.

RoddyWhite84 likes this

32 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Boston - Red Sox did have a jinx, but have had the Celtics in the past and Patriots to definitely offset

Chicago - Bulls and Jordan were great, Cubs were bad but even they got something recently, Bears have had their years

Cincinnati - Some bad years with Bengals and Reds, but the Big Red Machine was great in the 70's

Cleveland - The Indians were bad and Browns are bad, but they have had the Cavaliers to punish everyone for awhile

Detroit - The Tigers were great in the mid-80's and the Piston's were a great basketball team for awhile

Los Angeles/New York - Their teams can usually buy their championships

San Francisco - the 49ers had 2 great QB's and may have their 3rd now, Giants have won and Golden State just won

Can any city proclaim to have had it worse than Atlanta for the last 50 years or so? 1 championship?

50 years 150+ seasons of pro sports and only 1 championship to our name. Total crap

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

The Alabama Crimson Tide has officially become the Georgia Bulldogs' nemesis like the Yankees were to the Braves in the 90's, or the Celtics to the Hawks in years past. Georgia fans thought Florida's dominance over the dawgs throughout the 90's in 00's was bad, but Alabama taking not one, but TWO national championships away from your best teams of this decade (2012, 2017) at the same location but 2 different stadiums. That's about as devastating as it gets. 

Losing the Super Bowl and the Natty in the same calendar year  for us bird dawg fans isn't fun either. But I'm evolving lol didn't watch the end of the Rose Bowl or last night, lol seems like torture. thought the officiating was a little suspect

.giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Losing the Super Bowl and the Natty in the same calendar year  for us bird dawg fans isn't fun either. But I'm evolving lol didn't watch the end of the Rose Bowl or last night, lol seems like torture. thought the officiating was a little suspect

.giphy.gif

:lol: “A Clockwork Red & Black”. Pretty much what it’s been like. 

putnam6 likes this

5 minutes ago, dirteebirdee said:

:lol: “A Clockwork Red & Black”. Pretty much what it’s been like. 

LOL and if you remember the movie watching it over and over,  aversion therapy made him violently ill after awhile. I'm getting very close to that lol

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I'm feeling great. My team won.

Kudos to the Tide great comeback with a tad bit of help from the refs

1 minute ago, putnam6 said:

Kudos to the Tide great comeback with a tad bit of help from the refs

Getting 2-3 calls go your way after having calls go against you all day isn't ref help. But thanks. 

46 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

LOL and if you remember the movie watching it over and over,  aversion therapy made him violently ill after awhile. I'm getting very close to that lol

Preach!!!!!!!!!  It’s tough, but it must be part of “the process”. It will be that much more satisfying when we finally win one. 

4 hours ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Everyone is going to talk **** about us. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same....that’s what I thought. Our teams need us now more than ever to support them, not b!tch and complain because of crap we can’t control. Our team is still in the playoffs about to play the number 1 seed. GO FALCONS! Let’s get these chumps!

I'm sorry, it's become painfully obvious that I am cursed, and therefore any team I root for will also be cursed.

30 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Getting 2-3 calls go your way after having calls go against you all day isn't ref help. But thanks. 

It was a fair game officiated better than more than half of the games we played. 

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yep no football team Pro or College in the state of Ga has won a FULL championship since 1980 when UGA did it.

1990.  You don't get to set the criteria of what = Full. 

5 hours ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

If you believe complaining is pointless and has no effect on the outcome, what makes you think support is any different? 

Screaming rise up puts the same amount of points on the board as groaning same ol falcons. 

Everyone just do what you feel. 

:golfclap:

52 minutes ago, falcndave said:

1990.  You don't get to set the criteria of what = Full. 

Sure I do .5 title for GT doesn't count

4 hours ago, dirteebirdee said:

As bad as it is to lose these big games.....growing up with the Falcons, Bulldogs, Braves, Hawks and Flames in the 70’s was pretty tough and started me out with really low expectations. (Flames we’re actually decent). Things I’ve gotten to witness, really cherish and check off my bucket list:

UGA National Championship 1980

Braves World Championship 1995

The Falcons winning the Super Bowl is the big empty spot in my soul. 

Maybe this Falcons team is like the early 90’s Braves and we’ll somehow win it soon. These are still great times and I’ll always enjoy them even if they piss me the f*ck off sometimes. 

You're in better shape than me. My three things are Falcons, Braves and Tennessee Vols men's basketball. I have given up ever seeing Tennessee basketball once win a championship in my lifetime.

As I get older, I'm just hoping to see some Falcon Super Bowl champs.

dirteebirdee likes this

Well the state of Georgia in general hasn’t had a real championship since 1995. That’s what we all yearn for. It is sickening, I’m not saying it’s not. Just trying to stay positive because that’s all we got. If we don’t root for these sorry teams who else will?!