Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Everyone needs to stop being negative.

63 posts in this topic

Everyone is going to talk **** about us. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same....that’s what I thought. Our teams need us now more than ever to support them, not b!tch and complain because of crap we can’t control. Our team is still in the playoffs about to play the number 1 seed. GO FALCONS! Let’s get these chumps!

raysnill1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cat-manicure.gif?resize=300,276

 

Good luck with that.

Aside from the last 11 months...it always amazes me when people "call out" other fans for not being optimistic on our teams.  When have they rewarded all that optimism that so many are convinced makes the difference between winning a title and losing one?  

The people here are fans and will still watch and cheer generally speaking but when the teams here continue to come up short I don't really think it's wrong to "not believe" things are going to be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

cat-manicure.gif?resize=300,276

 

Good luck with that.

Aside from the last 11 months...it always amazes me when people "call out" other fans for not being optimistic on our teams.  When have they rewarded all that optimism that so many are convinced makes the difference between winning a title and losing one?  

The people here are fans and will still watch and cheer generally speaking but when the teams here continue to come up short I don't really think it's wrong to "not believe" things are going to be different.

Don’t be optimistic I couldn’t care less but who else are you gonna root for? Alabama? The Pats? They still don’t win every single year. Getting there is an accomplishment.

papachaz and putnam6 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe when a Football team in GA actually rewards the loyal fans they won't be so negative. Until then the teams can jump off a cliff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Don’t be optimistic I couldn’t care less but who else are you gonna root for? Alabama? The Pats? They still don’t win every single year. Getting there is an accomplishment.

And here we go...

Who said anything about "rooting for another team"?  I just don't understand this mentality of "You better be positive or you're not a real fan", etc.  Again, do you really think people would be here if they weren't fans of this team?  

I just realize now they're not going to break through.  That "accomplishment" of getting there or coming close just isn't the same as actually WINNING A TITLE but if that works for you then you're definitely in the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Don’t be optimistic I couldn’t care less but who else are you gonna root for? Alabama? The Pats? They still don’t win every single year. Getting there is an accomplishment.

It isn't about rooting for them.  I'd never root or give my heart to another team but the Falcons and the Dogs.   I cheer for the Yellow Jackets unless they are playing the Bulldogs because I grew up in Atlanta and they were the team - but I went to UGA and my loyalties are there.     I like to watch some other teams play - especially those with good defense, but my loyalty is always with the Falcons and that's who I'll support.

Supporting them and believing they are going to actually come through at the end of the year - is different.   I learned last night that believing doesn't make it happen.   I've been through this so many times with them, with the Falcons, with the Hawks and the Braves - and over and over again they prove to me that believing only makes you hurt more.

I pulled myself out of my seat at the Super Bowl last year and felt like I left part of my soul back in that seat.    Last night, I made the mistake of actually believing again.    

**** - getting kicked in the teeth over and over tends to make you a little wary, you know?     I will cheer for the Falcons as far as they go - but I'm not going to believe they'll win it all - because they probably won't and it's gonna hurt too much getting all hyped up for the 10,000 foot drop with no chute.    

If they win - THEN I'll believe - until then - I'll just cheer for them, support them and enjoy the games.    I just can't believe - it hurts too much at the end of that drop.

I really don't see this as being negative - more like protecting your heart and facing reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tandy said:

It isn't about rooting for them.  I'd never root or give my heart to another team but the Falcons and the Dogs.   I cheer for the Yellow Jackets unless they are playing the Bulldogs because I grew up in Atlanta and they were the team - but I went to UGA and my loyalties are there.     I like to watch some other teams play - especially those with good defense, but my loyalty is always with the Falcons and that's who I'll support.

Supporting them and believing they are going to actually come through at the end of the year - is different.   I learned last night that believing doesn't make it happen.   I've been through this so many times with them, with the Falcons, with the Hawks and the Braves - and over and over again they prove to me that believing only makes you hurt more.

I pulled myself out of my seat at the Super Bowl last year and felt like I left part of my soul back in that seat.    Last night, I made the mistake of actually believing again.    

**** - getting kicked in the teeth over and over tends to make you a little wary, you know?     I will cheer for the Falcons as far as they go - but I'm not going to believe they'll win it all - because they probably won't and it's gonna hurt to much getting all hyped up for the 10,000 foot drop with no chute.    

If they win - THEN I'll believe - until then - I'll just cheer for them, support them and enjoy the games.    I just can't believe - it hurts too much and the end of that drop.

That’s all I’m saying. I try to stay positive and it doesn’t mean your a horrible fan if you are pi$$ed off and mad because the team didn’t win. I cheered and thought we had the SB won too and a little bit of myself was lost in that game. I was so let down that I actually care less about football to this day because of it and maybe that’s where my mentality this year comes from. I don’t put as much into it because of that game. People can do whatever they want and it doesn’t mean they’re stupid or they’re traitors, all I was saying is we still have a team in the playoffs and we should root for them while they’re still in it. 

Tandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Maybe when a Football team in GA actually rewards the loyal fans they won't be so negative. Until then the teams can jump off a cliff

LOL...as if the Georgia teams are purposely losing to piss off the fans.

Anyone who has any experience in "life" knows that being negative about anything doesn't do anyone any good.

Yes..we all want our teams to win, none more than the players of those teams themselves, but LIFE IS FULL OF EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL. This is very important to remember.

Hang in there...stay positive.....have fun cheering on your team.....life is much more than a football game.

And who knows.....maybe all of us will be very happy one day after a Super Bowl :D

PHALCONABERNATHY likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Hang in their stay positve!!!!!!!

38 years later, yep one day a Ga football team will win it all!!!!!

Ironically, I've been a Falcons fan for 38 years.

Ya..last year hurt a lot. But in the end, I realized it's just a game. Life goes on.

We all have to deal with it. But I'm not going to let it get me down.

Chunkey9 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tandy said:

It isn't about rooting for them.  I'd never root or give my heart to another team but the Falcons and the Dogs.   I cheer for the Yellow Jackets unless they are playing the Bulldogs because I grew up in Atlanta and they were the team - but I went to UGA and my loyalties are there.     I like to watch some other teams play - especially those with good defense, but my loyalty is always with the Falcons and that's who I'll support.

Supporting them and believing they are going to actually come through at the end of the year - is different.   I learned last night that believing doesn't make it happen.   I've been through this so many times with them, with the Falcons, with the Hawks and the Braves - and over and over again they prove to me that believing only makes you hurt more.

I pulled myself out of my seat at the Super Bowl last year and felt like I left part of my soul back in that seat.    Last night, I made the mistake of actually believing again.    

**** - getting kicked in the teeth over and over tends to make you a little wary, you know?     I will cheer for the Falcons as far as they go - but I'm not going to believe they'll win it all - because they probably won't and it's gonna hurt too much getting all hyped up for the 10,000 foot drop with no chute.    

If they win - THEN I'll believe - until then - I'll just cheer for them, support them and enjoy the games.    I just can't believe - it hurts too much and the end of that drop.

I really don't see this as being negative - more like protecting your heart and facing reality.

One of the best posts I've ever read on here.

:tiphat:

papachaz and Tandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Maybe when a Football team in GA actually rewards the loyal fans they won't be so negative. Until then the teams can jump off a cliff

ahhhh, another one of those people who say things then come back and prove they lied. I remember swift making a bet he'd leave the boards if Matt EVER threw for 30 TD's in a season, then still kept on posting. And countless others (like yourself) who come on with posts like "I've had it" "I'm done" ......etc etc, which in essence should mean they're leaving, yet still continue to come back and post....

 

attention ho much?  already know the answer, yes, yes you do!  :lol::mmmhmm:

crimsonhawk and raysnill1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tandy said:

It isn't about rooting for them.  I'd never root or give my heart to another team but the Falcons and the Dogs.   I cheer for the Yellow Jackets unless they are playing the Bulldogs because I grew up in Atlanta and they were the team - but I went to UGA and my loyalties are there.     I like to watch some other teams play - especially those with good defense, but my loyalty is always with the Falcons and that's who I'll support.

Supporting them and believing they are going to actually come through at the end of the year - is different.   I learned last night that believing doesn't make it happen.   I've been through this so many times with them, with the Falcons, with the Hawks and the Braves - and over and over again they prove to me that believing only makes you hurt more.

I pulled myself out of my seat at the Super Bowl last year and felt like I left part of my soul back in that seat.    Last night, I made the mistake of actually believing again.    

**** - getting kicked in the teeth over and over tends to make you a little wary, you know?     I will cheer for the Falcons as far as they go - but I'm not going to believe they'll win it all - because they probably won't and it's gonna hurt too much getting all hyped up for the 10,000 foot drop with no chute.    

If they win - THEN I'll believe - until then - I'll just cheer for them, support them and enjoy the games.    I just can't believe - it hurts too much and the end of that drop.

I really don't see this as being negative - more like protecting your heart and facing reality.

another well thought out post from Tandy!

middlegatv, Tandy and raysnill1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Maybe when a Football team in GA actually rewards the loyal fans they won't be so negative. Until then the teams can jump off a cliff

You know teams don't have to reward anything. If you don't  like the product, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to watch Ga sports team.

roguebeaver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

If you believe complaining is pointless and has no effect on the outcome, what makes you think support is any different? 

Screaming rise up puts the same amount of points on the board as groaning same ol falcons. 

 

Everyone just do what you feel. 

thread/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

cat-manicure.gif?resize=300,276

 

Good luck with that.

Aside from the last 11 months...it always amazes me when people "call out" other fans for not being optimistic on our teams.  When have they rewarded all that optimism that so many are convinced makes the difference between winning a title and losing one?  

The people here are fans and will still watch and cheer generally speaking but when the teams here continue to come up short I don't really think it's wrong to "not believe" things are going to be different.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Everyone is going to talk $hit about us. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same....that’s what I thought. Our teams need us now more than ever to support them, not b!tch and complain because of crap we can’t control. Our team is still in the playoffs about to play the number 1 seed. GO FALCONS! Let’s get these chumps!

yes sir let go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

cat-manicure.gif?resize=300,276

 

Good luck with that.

Aside from the last 11 months...it always amazes me when people "call out" other fans for not being optimistic on our teams.  When have they rewarded all that optimism that so many are convinced makes the difference between winning a title and losing one?  

The people here are fans and will still watch and cheer generally speaking but when the teams here continue to come up short I don't really think it's wrong to "not believe" things are going to be different.

If the Falcons don't have at least 1 ring before Matt Ryan retires than I may become less optimistic. But there is not a doubt in my mind that Dan Quinn's defense and Matt Ryan, Julio and Free won't get us a ring. Maybe even this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

cat-manicure.gif?resize=300,276

 

Good luck with that.

Aside from the last 11 months...it always amazes me when people "call out" other fans for not being optimistic on our teams.  When have they rewarded all that optimism that so many are convinced makes the difference between winning a title and losing one?  

The people here are fans and will still watch and cheer generally speaking but when the teams here continue to come up short I don't really think it's wrong to "not believe" things are going to be different.

**** it always amazes when folks try to police other people on how they should react to the team losing..**** ppl are sick and tired of not seeing there emotional investment not returned..decades of ineptitude.so who is anyone to tell me or anyone else how to feel or how they should conduct themselves if it isnt hurting anyone else..must be nice to be alabama and new England fans win almost every year..how do you let some clown that hasnt played all year beat you?? That's Georgia sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

That’s all I’m saying. I try to stay positive and it doesn’t mean your a horrible fan if you are pi$$ed off and mad because the team didn’t win. I cheered and thought we had the SB won too and a little bit of myself was lost in that game. I was so let down that I actually care less about football to this day because of it and maybe that’s where my mentality this year comes from. I don’t put as much into it because of that game. People can do whatever they want and it doesn’t mean they’re stupid or they’re traitors, all I was saying is we still have a team in the playoffs and we should root for them while they’re still in it. 

:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

**** it always amazes when folks try to police other people on how they should react to the team losing..**** ppl are sick and tired of not seeing there emotional investment not returned..decades of ineptitude.so who is anyone to tell me or anyone else how to feel or how they should conduct themselves if it isnt hurting anyone else..must be nice to be alabama and new England fans win almost every year..how do you let some clown that hasnt played all year beat you?? That's Georgia sports.

Yep no football team Pro or College in the state of Ga has won a FULL championship since 1980 when UGA did it.

We have not only seen losing but losing in ways that was pretty much designed to stomp on our hopes as fans.

At some point it's just not worth it, Eventually I'll just move on and find another hobby, but right now I'm angry and want to take out my anger at these inept teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAD597 said:

Yep no football team Pro or College in the state of Ga has won a FULL championship since 1980 when UGA did it.

We have not only seen losing but losing in ways that was pretty much designed to stomp on our hopes as fans.

At some point it's just not worth it, Eventually I'll just move on and find another hobby, but right now I'm angry and want to take out my anger at these inept teams

It's ******** it really is..how hard is it to finish out a game?? Really?? Today isnt a good day for me and I've had Bama fans text me nothing but roll tide and other crap..when will we ever get to win something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Alabama Crimson Tide has officially become the Georgia Bulldogs' nemesis like the Yankees were to the Braves in the 90's, or the Celtics to the Hawks in years past. Georgia fans thought Florida's dominance over the dawgs throughout the 90's in 00's was bad, but Alabama taking not one, but TWO national championships away from your best teams of this decade (2012, 2017) at the same location but 2 different stadiums. That's about as devastating as it gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites