Matt Ryan after the game

As an African American I'm not trying to add a racial element into this discussion, but I really want Matt Ryan to ball out for a different reason. I get SO TIRED of the national media promoting the lazy narrative that Atlanta doesn't support Ryan because he's white and Atlanta is black. They and most of the posters on this board act like all black people want Vick back which is soooooooooooo far from the truth. I want Matt Ryan to straight go off. I want him to have that look in his eye this whole post season, the same look Lebron had when he won in Cleveland. The same look Brady has every post season. The same look Jordan and Kobe has. Man, I REALLY want Ryan to get a ring for the "A"!

4 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Yes...and have college football coaches as my neighbors.  They are football junkies and have heard the stories from them. 

It’s interesting to get different perspectives because One of my best friends played in the NFL and his and the team mentality was directly opposite of yours. 

1 hour ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I'll bite...  Did you attend the eagles Falcons game in 2009 when the crowd was chanting "we want vick"  "we want vick".  

It's not 2009 anymore, but that element was real... not just some media "hype".

Ryan did not play in 2009 against Eagles.  First game Ryan played against Vick in ATL was in 2011, the whole stadium was booing Vick from the start. Vick was pissed and  pointed at the score board on his way to locker room after he got hurt. Crowd went crazy after that and more boos till end of the game That game proved beyond a doubt, Ryan was the man in Atlanta. Sure you would still see some people hating Ryan, just like some people hate Vick. 

That said, I am glad Vick, Arthur and for most part the falcons fans have come to terms. Its time to move on from what happened 10 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Ryan did not play in 2009 against Eagles.  First game Ryan played against Vick in ATL was in 2011, the whole stadium was booing Vick from the start. Vick was pissed and  pointed at the score board on his way to locker room after he got hurt. Crowd went crazy after that and more boos till end of the game That game prove beyond a doubt, Ryan was the man in Atlanta. Sure you would still see some people hating Ryan, just like some people hate Vick. 

That said, I am glad Vick, Arthur and for most part the falcons fans have come to terms. Its time to move on from what happened 10 years ago. 

Never said Ryan played that day, but the Falcons did play the eagles in 2009, and the fans were chanting "we want vick".  Vick did play that day.  

2011 was two years later, and what you said is correct.   But 2009 did transpire.

1 hour ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I'll bite...  Did you attend the eagles Falcons game in 2009 when the crowd was chanting "we want vick"  "we want vick".  

It's not 2009 anymore, but that element was real... not just some media "hype".

I'm not talking about 2009, i'm talking about 2018, obviously. But then again, your probably one of the posters i was making reference too earlier.

13 minutes ago, Rod23 said:

I'm not talking about 2009, i'm talking about 2018, obviously. But then again, your probably one of the posters i was making reference too earlier.

Really?  When in 2018 has the "national media promoting the lazy narrative that Atlanta doesn't support Ryan because he's white and Atlanta is black."  

Please do share...

3 hours ago, Rod23 said:

As an African American I'm not trying to add a racial element into this discussion, but I really want Matt Ryan to ball out for a different reason. I get SO TIRED of the national media promoting the lazy narrative that Atlanta doesn't support Ryan because he's white and Atlanta is black. They and most of the posters on this board act like all black people want Vick back which is soooooooooooo far from the truth. I want Matt Ryan to straight go off. I want him to have that look in his eye this whole post season, the same look Lebron had when he won in Cleveland. The same look Brady has every post season. The same look Jordan and Kobe has. Man, I REALLY want Ryan to get a ring for the "A"!

I support every falcon QB, even Vick while a falcon. We need a Lombardi in the worst way.

5 hours ago, Rod23 said:

They are telling the truth though. I like Vick, but I liked the Falcons before that. Some of these fans came with him. Ryan ended up giving them something that Vick never could. Consistency. They stuck around, and expects every QB to run a 4.2 40.

5 hours ago, Rod23 said:

wasting your breath...

5 hours ago, osiruz said:

I support every falcon QB, even Vick while a falcon. We need a Lombardi in the worst way.

I supported Steve Bartkowski, Chris Miller, Bobby Hebert, Chris Chandler, Micheal Vick, Joey Harrington, Byron Sandwich, Chris Redmon, and of course Matt Ryan. In short I support whomever our QB is at the time because I want this team to succeed. Guess what? I'll support the next guy too.

12 hours ago, Rod23 said:

Man, the entire team could be green, and I'd meet them at the airport if they win the SB.

13 hours ago, Rod23 said:

Media ALWAYS trying to drive a wedge between blacks and whites. Nothing new. 

13 hours ago, Rod23 said:

Media ALWAYS trying to drive a wedge between blacks and whites. Nothing new. 

One thing that I love about sports is how, when we allow it, they can bring us together as people.  I am so tired of the tendency of mankind to find any difference in another person and use it to divide.  It's refreshing to see those moments when people can come together, even if it is something as trivial as sports, find something in common and unite.

The NFCCG last year was the first time I'd ever made my way to ATL for a game and I knew I had to get there before the dome was gone.  I woke up around 4 am and made the drive so I could be sure to get to the stadium as soon as it was open to the public.  I was staying on the north side of the city and walking to a MARTA station to head in for the game.

Along the way I met people of various races that were very welcoming and helpful from walking me to the terminal, to another family who drove me from the terminal back to my hotel.  As I left the next day, I was very appreciative of the experience of being some random guy from the North (born and raised in Indiana) that had the opportunity to head to a city that I've always felt a connection to (due to my love for the Falcons) and enjoy the interaction with people very different than me in some ways but also very similar in others.  

United, by a love for a football team, but examples of kindness and hospitality that go far beyond.

17 hours ago, Rod23 said:

Everything you said is a fact. I recall criticizing Ryan for whatever reason, and I could be talking to a white fan. 8 times out of 10 their response is I must be a Vick lover despite never bringing Vick up. I'm not claiming racism, just saying that this actually happens and it's annoying. I support Ryan to the best of my ability as long as he's a Falcon. I want him to succeed here no matter what.