Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Rewatching the game....

32 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I was at this game and Im telling you these guys fought long and hard.  Taking hits from a pretty dang good defense but keeping drives alive.  I was super proud to be there to see in person the grit this team shows trying to defend the nfc crown ans get back the title they should have won last year

I wasn't there, but I also was proud of the grit and level of intensity they showed in this win. This team is rapidly becoming the best Falcon team ever if it hasn't reached that level already. And the arrow is still pointing skyward for the future.

3 hours ago, FalconMama said:

Coleman has grown on me a lot. I still think his biggest and most glaring weakness is that he’s an impatient runner.  That is what makes Devonta great is that he’s patient enough to let plays develop and once he finds a hole he’s gone. Tevin doesn’t wait he goes slamming into a lineman and that’s it.

i do think he showed some patience with a few plays Saturday and he can do on a consistent basis watch out. 

True, but the same patients or dancing free does sometimes gets him in trouble. Sometimes you just want your back to move forward and get what you can get. Hes not as shifty as free.

caponine likes this

1 hour ago, GritzBlitzFalcon said:

I believe he's learned a lot about running the ball from watching Devonta.  Coleman cuts back a lot more than he did before.  I think he is not only considering the cutback lane more, but also seeing it a better and hiiting it quicker.  That's Devonta Freeman's running style in a nutshell. 

i agree, Freeman has been working with him together. he does , his patience is getting better and better. No more hesitating. He has stopped running straight ahead as well but yeahh, his footwork and balance have stood out when running this year. Which is true as well

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Haven't understood why we haven't used him more in the passing game.  My only real complaint regarding how he is used.  He's a weapon, and I would like to see him get more touches in space.

Honestly IMO I feel that all of our players have been underutilized this year due to the fact that we have turned the ball over so many times and have not gotten turnovers forced to give our offense drives to spread the wealth.  Our team has improved so much in certain aspects but we are way different than last year's team and I think its a good thing.  We know what this team is capable of and at any moment we could get that mojo back and decimate opponents.  It would be nice to do that this Saturday against a different eagles team but we'll see how that goes.  

Just viewing that we saw such a huge dropoff in stats for players like Coleman, Gabriel and Ryan, makes me believe that we are going through the same curve we had in 2015 where Ryan and the OC were adjusting and it took until the end of the year to finally get settled.  Luckily this year is pretty close in identity except we have a much better defense evening out the gap and helping win games so when we finally get hot, it won't be too late or too dependent on one side of the ball. 

He’s one of the players I really wanted us to draft. I was super excited when we did, the man can ball. 3 year 16 million is what I would pay for his services. 

I've long been a Coleman fan so I've always been high on him but I saw way more shiftiness in him yesterday than I have in the 3 years he's been here.  He usually gets the ball taking only just enough time to point to where a hole is supposed to be before lighting the jets upfield.   As we've seen it can lead to exhilarating bursts into the secondary and he almost always falls forward but far more often he just smashes into a wall of bodies.  Saturday, there was patience and multiple lateral moves.  If he can add that to his repertoire, he will certainly improve his production.  

Penumbra and PHALCONABERNATHY like this