Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Rewatching the game....

32 posts in this topic

I think Tevin coleman is sorely underrated by a lot of people (mostly our fan base). He made some great runs and catches. Freeman may get paid more but they are truly 1a and 1b. If I had one wish for this team it’s that we could lock them both up long term. I know that it probably won’t happen, but I love me some Tevin Coleman!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at this game and Im telling you these guys fought long and hard.  Taking hits from a pretty dang good defense but keeping drives alive.  I was super proud to be there to see in person the grit this team shows trying to defend the nfc crown ans get back the title they should have won last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons will get a deal done with Coleman. The current trend demands that you have two solid backs that can catch the ball. I just don't see TeCo walking unless the Falcons draft a Kamara type player.

I think so as well, because we see from drafting players and FAs we haven't seemed to be able to replicate Teco in any aspect.  His straight line speed and his improvement in the passing game are attributes I love so much about him.  He is a different back from Freeman, but still a weapon that is strongly utilized in this falcons offensive style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons will get a deal done with Coleman. The current trend demands that you have two solid backs that can catch the ball. I just don't see TeCo walking unless the Falcons draft a Kamara type player.

I really, really hope so. I like rewatching our wins and I’m telling you, Bryant’s field goals were great but Coleman was SUCH a factor and it was the little things he did that kept us in the game. They guy could be a workhorse and not skip a beat. He was unbelievable and I don’t wanna see him go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked sort of like Freeman on a couple runs but on that big third down , he made the play. Shows you how much the coach and everyone trusts him. He was one step from breaking a few runs. His footwork and balance was so good !! His cuts were smooth as well

quickzero likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Coleman has been criminally underused this year. He was a big part of out resurgence last year along with Taylor Gabriel. We need to send him on more Texas routes, wheel routes, and put him in the slot and have him run drags. His speed can kill.

the same route carolina used with mccaffrey on that td late in the game yesterdat is what atlanta should be doing with coleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been down on Coleman for the past few weeks and have been disappointed most of the time that I’ve seen him in the game.  Mainly because of the way Sark uses him.  I feel like if we aren’t going to use Coleman right then just feed freeman and get him rolling.  

 

The Rams game was definitely his best game since Freeman came back.  I loved the damage that he was doing in the passing game and one of my favorite things to see is Coleman turning a corner and dashing down the side line.  Coleman has always been this good and I’m glad that Sark finally used both him and Freeman effectively in the same game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coleman has grown on me a lot. I still think his biggest and most glaring weakness is that he’s an impatient runner.  That is what makes Devonta great is that he’s patient enough to let plays develop and once he finds a hole he’s gone. Tevin doesn’t wait he goes slamming into a lineman and that’s it.

i do think he showed some patience with a few plays Saturday and he can do on a consistent basis watch out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons will get a deal done with Coleman. The current trend demands that you have two solid backs that can catch the ball. I just don't see TeCo walking unless the Falcons draft a Kamara type player.

Man I would love for this to happen but with the money they paid Free I just can't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caponine said:

the same route carolina used with mccaffrey on that td late in the game yesterdat is what atlanta should be doing with coleman

He ran those angel routes last year. Makes no sense that they disappeared from the play book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, FalconMama said:

Coleman has grown on me a lot. I still think his biggest and most glaring weakness is that he’s an impatient runner.  That is what makes Devonta great is that he’s patient enough to let plays develop and once he finds a hole he’s gone. Tevin doesn’t wait he goes slamming into a lineman and that’s it.

i do think he showed some patience with a few plays Saturday and he can do on a consistent basis watch out. 

Coleman is a stud. Would be a 1500 + yards from scrimmage 10 TD back every season if he wasn't sharing carries. Same as Freeman. Both are top 10 backs IMO.

caponine and Boise Falcon Fan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I think so as well, because we see from drafting players and FAs we haven't seemed to be able to replicate Teco in any aspect.  His straight line speed and his improvement in the passing game are attributes I love so much about him.  He is a different back from Freeman, but still a weapon that is strongly utilized in this falcons offensive style

His jukes, his cutbacks, and his tenacity have improved as well.  He is not just relying on his speed alone anymore.  I think he has learned a great deal from Devonta Freeman.  It's almost an impossibility that we'll be able to keep both of them, but I sure would love to.  Playing together would help prolong their careers also, as being a pure feature back with a tenacious running style would almost guarantee getting pounded.   

caponine likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caponine said:

He looked sort of like Freeman on a couple runs but on that big third down , he made the play. Shows you how much the coach and everyone trusts him. He was one step from breaking a few runs. His footwork and balance was so good !! His cuts were smooth as well

I believe he's learned a lot about running the ball from watching Devonta.  Coleman cuts back a lot more than he did before.  I think he is not only considering the cutback lane more, but also seeing it a better and hiiting it quicker.  That's Devonta Freeman's running style in a nutshell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I'll never understand the fans that pit Freeman against Coleman. Both good backs, both capable in all three phases, both have more strengths than weaknesses. 

 

idgi either.  It's like to them praising one means crapping on the other and that's not at all how it should be.  We have seen how having both is crucial to our success.

GritzBlitzFalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons will get a deal done with Coleman. The current trend demands that you have two solid backs that can catch the ball. I just don't see TeCo walking unless the Falcons draft a Kamara type player.

I hope so. I love Tevin Coleman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites