Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

Deion asked JJ why he is often out of game

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lol no way man, I don’t buy it. He comes up limping and signals to the sideline that he’s coming out. Julio was confused by the question and thought Deion was asking why he’s out of the game in the red zone so often. 

Edited by SLEVEN

1 minute ago, Clark said:

Ya he said the coaches feel like if he's not in there it gives more one on one match-up. What the fug? 

Ya that didn’t make any sense. How can taking a guy out that demands double and triple coverage create MORE single coverage elsewhere 

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, SLEVEN said:

Ya that didn’t make any sense. How can taking a guy out that demands double and triple coverage create MORE single coverage elsewhere 

Coax the defense into man

Dr Long Shot likes this

23 minutes ago, Clark said:

Ya he said the coaches feel like if he's not in there it gives more one on one match-up. What the fug? 

Hope that comment does not result in him being put into concussion protocol

Birdy Dird likes this

My thinking is he's got to be in pain / hurt and that's why he comes out so much. If you're hurt you don't come out and tell people, you hide it. In other years, he didn't come out as much so you know there's something wrong that he doesn't want to come out and say.

Dr Long Shot and NeonDeion like this

2 minutes ago, tywreezy33 said:

I'm not exactly sure what you guys are talking about.

Julio Jones has been taken off around 20% of the offensive plays this year.

3 hours ago, SLEVEN said:

I’m guessing it’s hard to play man coverage if Julio is being double teamed. Ergo more zone coverage when he’s in the game vs higher probabilities of man coverage if he’s not. We seem to really like the rub routes which are less effective vs zone 

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

When he goes 110% every play? I can't blame them. He's not a robot.

akemp3000 and Beachwitter like this

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

And I’d guess 95% of that 20% were after he made a catch. I think it’s simply allowing him a breather and a chance to rest his body between plays where he has been involved in contact. Fatigued players have a higher likelihood of soft tissue injuries (read that somewhere - as FFS1970 would say - trust me)

Beachwitter and tywreezy33 like this

Just now, primetime said:

And I’d guess 95% of that 20% were after he made a catch. I think it’s simply allowing him a breather and a chance to rest his body between plays where he has been involved in contact. Fatigued players have a higher likelihood of soft tissue injuries (read that somewhere - as FFS1970 would say - trust me)

I'm not necessarily bashing the strategy. Just explaining the topic of the thread. Compared to other receivers Julio takes off more plays, lots of fans were questioning it when it looked like we weren't making the playoffs. 

primetime likes this

It's because the man takes it to another level every time he's on the field.  Every time the ball is in his hands, you'd think it was 4th down goal to go, 4 seconds left down by 6 in the Superbowl.  He doesn't take plays off so he needs a little rest every now and then.

Beachwitter likes this

Julio makes a play then hobbles off. He has a chronically injured ankle with hardware in it. He’s had this problem all his career  

Did Deion ask Julio why he’s always been Julio NoEndzone Jones?

Part of Julio's problem could be seen in one play last night where he caught the ball and got the 1st down but there was 4 defenders right there on him.  Yet Julio kept fighting for an extra 2 or 3 yards with like 3 guys tackling him.  Guess what happens next?  Julio comes up limping and goes to the side line and you see him trying to walk it off.  If it is one or 2 guys trying to tackle him, yeah keep fighting, but when you got a group of 3-4 guys on you, just go down.  More bad things are going to come out of that situation than good.  The way he carries the ball away from his body, I'm always expecting a fumble. 

ya_boi_j likes this

8 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

If it is one or 2 guys trying to tackle him, yeah keep fighting, but when you got a group of 3-4 guys on you, just go down.  More bad things are going to come out of that situation than good.  The way he carries the ball away from his body, I'm always expecting a fumble. 

If he did that, he wouldn't be Julio anymore. He'd just be a big WR who you have to account for. If we are going to settle for that, we can find a replacement. However, that motor that your suggesting be governed, it what separates him from the common "good" WRs in the NFL. He has fumble and he will again. He is constantly injured because he only has one speed. That level of effort is superior to what the human body can endure without injury. 

Ultimately, I truly wonder if he will be a guy that walks away from the game early because he only knows one way to play, and his body just won't let him do it.