MSalmon

I could see us blowing the Rams out big time

82 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Every week its the same ****. Y'all have been trying to talk yourselves into believing "this is the week we put it all together" since the Pats game. Its getting old. 

This team is what it is at this point. Solid defense with an undisciplined offense that consistently shoots itself in the foot. 

you can keep that y'all ish to someone else :lol:

If you ain't seen spurts of the same playoff intensity from this team in the past few weeks, I'm not sure you paying enough attention. sometimes it takes getting over the hump with those demons in the back of your head telling you, 'you won't', for the switch to flip.

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

you can keep that y'all ish to someone else :lol:

If you ain't seen spurts of the same playoff intensity from this team in the past few weeks, I'm not sure you paying enough attention. sometimes it takes getting over the hump with those demons in the back of your head telling you, 'you won't', for the switch to flip.

Ive seen playoff "intensity" from the defense, not the offense. Also it takes ALOT more than intensity to win games. Like execution which is 10x more important which this offense has been lacking in for a while now. If you think we get it together this week because some BS narrative then I don't think youve been paying attention to this offense over the last month. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Posted (edited)

I can't remember going into a playoff game more uncertain than I am now. Last year I felt confident that we would beat both the Seahawks and Packers as long as we played the way played most of the year. This year, I feel like we can beat anybody when we play our best or close to it, but not if we play the way we've played most of the year. 

I believe the defense will come to play and will keep the Rams in the 17-24 point range, but I see a wide range of possibilities for the offense. They could score 30 or they could score 10, and I wouldn't be surprised either way. 

Edited by Expert Poster
AlabamaFalconFan likes this

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Ive seen playoff "intensity" from the defense, not the offense. Also it takes ALOT more than intensity to win games. Like execution which is 10x more important which this offense has been lacking in for a while now. If you think we get it together this week because some BS narrative then I don't think youve been paying attention to this offense over the last month. 

yes, it takes more than intensity to win games...but truthfully, that's what we been winning with these past few games...intensity and grit. and like I said in the original post, we probably ain't gonna be the pretty offense from last year, tossing for 50 yard TDs on 1st and 18...but Free is playing disrespectful again, Coleman bussin', Sanu is working #2s, Ryan is juking out all-pro LBs, Julio always shows out in the playoffs...sometimes, in football, getting punched in ya mouth off jump can affect a game more than a couple of pre-snap procedural penalties...

It may look like a blowout early, but it won’t be by the end of the game.  Nothing about the 2017 Falcons indicates a blowout is an option.  Get up by 14 in 1st quarter?  Maybe.   But it will be competitive until the very end. 

I don't know what yall are seeing but the only blowout I can see is THEM blowing us out of the building today. They are going to come at us with an offensive script like we've never seen before. McVay has been preparing for this all his life and his main players are well rested, especially the Rams OL. On the flip side, our OL is banged up and frankly been underwhelming all year. Mack is clearly hurt bad and Kawann Short owned him last week. Schweitzer looked lost a few times and Garland have been up and down. Matthews was beat several times. Schraeder has been the only consistent guy on the OL for us. BTW Interior OL is like the worst spot to be shaky against the best defensive player in the league - Aaron Donald.

If the Rams start fast and go up 10-0 or 14-0, I bet the game is over by halftime like we did to the Packers last year. 

Our best hope is to prevent them from scoring early, hopefully get an early turnover or two and keep the game within 1 score going into the 4th qtr. Their new kicker is suspect at best and that could make them take unnecessary risks late in the game. 

If they win, it's likely a blow out. If we win, it's likely a one score game. 

Bobby.Digital likes this

If we get past the Rams we should be able to get past the terrible Nick Foles led Eagles.  Then we have a clear path to the NFC Championship game:

Image result for yellow brick road

Likely would be Vikings or Saints in the NFCCG.  Maybe we get a 1998 rematch with the Vikings and hopefully the same result.  

6 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

I don't know what yall are seeing but the only blowout I can see is THEM blowing us out of the building today. They are going to come at us with an offensive script like we've never seen before. McVay has been preparing for this all his life and his main players are well rested, especially the Rams OL. On the flip side, our OL is banged up and frankly been underwhelming all year. Mack is clearly hurt bad and Kawann Short owned him last week. Schweitzer looked lost a few times and Garland have been up and down. Matthews was beat several times. Schraeder has been the only consistent guy on the OL for us. BTW Interior OL is like the worst spot to be shaky against the best defensive player in the league - Aaron Donald.

If the Rams start fast and go up 10-0 or 14-0, I bet the game is over by halftime like we did to the Packers last year. 

Our best hope is to prevent them from scoring early, hopefully get an early turnover or two and keep the game within 1 score going into the 4th qtr. Their new kicker is suspect at best and that could make them take unnecessary risks late in the game. 

Exactly my thoughts on the game. Well said. 

10 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

GTFO of here with that weak sht 

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

That would be nice but when the Falcons are involved, if they do win it will be a close nerve wrecking, heart attack giving win

Least ways that's how it's been going most of this season.  

No.

I do feel good about today but if we win it will NOT BE A BLOWOUT!  That's pretty much a guarantee.   11 win teams don't usually get blown out at home in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Even if they are "young".

I don't know about a blow out. That's not what we do this year.I could see us winning a close came with a last gasp field goal.

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

The Rams have been on a high all season with their success. even if we are the better team today, I expect it will be a dogfight to the end.

They actually remind me of us when we first started out with smutty. Better defensively. But similar experience wise.

theyre not great against the run. I’m hoping Sark doesn’t call Long developing plays

It's okay to say it. They are poor vs. the run. It won't jinx us. They are, however, deadly against weak interior OL players in the passing game. 

I can see a path to a big win or a big loss. They are good enough I could see the routine offensive mistakes we consistently make be our undoing (dead ball penalties, holding away from the ball, OPI, turnovers).

If we avoid the unforced errors, I agree with you.  However, the book of this season clearly states on all 16 pages that we will shoot ourselves in the foot on offense. That has been consistent on a weekly basis. If that happens, its going to take splash plays by our defense to keep us in it. 

4) bring the blitz and see Julio one on one. Reference #3 being key.

WTF

Julio Jones does NOT Practice, he takes mental reps and that is why he had so many drops tis year and chit dont change because its the playoffs. (Blind Drunk on Homerism)

Remove Julio Jones from the equation and tel me how we are going to blow out the Rams.

Remove Gabriel from the mix,,,,,,,Oh Wait,,,we aint played this guy all season, and He will save us?

This leave us with Sanu and our RB's. So all the Rams have to do is stop our Run and its Buckwheats for the Falcons.

The  Return of the Pedigree Poodles

Can we beat them? Yes, of course we can; Will we beat them? No

There are strong odds that we get blown out tonight, and the Raiders just signed Gruden for $100 Mil.

Honestly I could see them blowing us out and not vice versa.  Our offense isn’t good enough in the red zone to blow anyone out. Sure that could change today but trends suggest it likely won’t. I think we win but it will be close. 

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I just don’t think this current team is built for blowouts like last year’s team. They are very much about winning between 3-10 points playing smart defense. Which is exactly what I think will happen today

Me either I think we are more of an impose your will type of team and grind the other team till dust.Offensively I don't even think they care as long as they score points,doesn't matter who what or how.Put points up and play tough defense behind it.

Basically this team has gone from being finesse to school yard bully in 12 months.

I like to look at how we played against common opponents. The Rams are good but beat up a lot of bad teams (Colts, Cardinals, Giants, Texans, very injured Seattle). They only scored 7 points against the Vikings. They gave up 329 points, we gave up 315. There is no reason to think they will blow us out. We had the third hardest schedule in the league and were robbed in the Buffalo and last Saints game. They are going to have to cover JJ and Sanu and stop Freeman and Coleman. Our defense is playing very well. I like our chances. There is no reason to fear them.

Slappywhite likes this

I swear some of you haven't even watched our team this year. We've only kind of blown out 2 teams this year and we certainly let some mediocre teams beat us or get back in the game.

Win or lose this years team is not one you can have confidence is going to blow out anyone let alone a division winning team at home

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

They actually remind me of us when we first started out with smutty. Better defensively. But similar experience wise.

theyre not great against the run. I’m hoping Sark doesn’t call Long developing plays

You know I made a whole post about this Rams team this year reminding me of Mike Smith Atlanta Falcons and do you know that I got slammed on for it wow smh

2 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I swear some of you haven't even watched our team this year. We've only kind of blown out 2 teams this year and we certainly let some mediocre teams beat us or get back in the game.

Win or lose this years team is not one you can have confidence is going to blow out anyone let alone a division winning team at home

Come on the Falcons are in the playoffs do you say anything positive about the Falcons? You just don't ever have faith in them do you?

12 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

I like to look at how we played against common opponents. The Rams are good but beat up a lot of bad teams (Colts, Cardinals, Giants, Texans, very injured Seattle). They only scored 7 points against the Vikings. They gave up 329 points, we gave up 315. There is no reason to think they will blow us out. We had the third hardest schedule in the league and were robbed in the Buffalo and last Saints game. They are going to have to cover JJ and Sanu and stop Freeman and Coleman. Our defense is playing very well. I like our chances. There is no reason to fear them.

I totally agree I've been saying this all week but you have people like maddog that just don't seem to agree because he believe that the Falcons are so BAD and he just don't have any faith in them smh.. 

Bigbenright likes this

4 hours ago, RYNE said:

Playoff pressure is a whole new experience this rams are about to get blindsided with. 

All we have to do is score touchdowns and get pressure on Goff 

Yeah , I feel  like all the pressure  is on them , at least   thats what I hope  Quinns telling the guys. We've had a very trying year , we've heard all the 28-3 crap , we've beaten ourselves , we've been beaten by Refs twice, but we havent been just beaten down by any team all year and thats because underneath it all is a very talented team , a team nobody picks to win , but if its all put together right , we're very dangerous .  Capable of beating the snot out of anybody . Look past us to the next game, 

Bigbenright likes this