MSalmon

I could see us blowing the Rams out big time

82 posts in this topic

Why? Here’s my reasoning:

1) Goff. Make him uncomfortable he gets very sloppy. Takk and Grady will be key to this

2) Stop Gurley. He’s not a John Riggins type of battering ram. He beats with speed. Matchup is key based on our fast defense. Get him outside and will and chase him

3) Our rbs. The rams are great up front with Donald and Quinn. But their  LBs are ok. Play like we did against Denver using Teco and Free slipping out in space. 

4) bring the blitz and see Julio one on one. Reference #3 being key.

5) We have the right Defense to match up against the rams. Keep everything in front of us

6) kicker. Theirs is very inexperienced. Bryant is a cold MoFo

7) Resiliency. Overused? Not really. This team went through a helluva season. Everyone dumped on them “28-3,” lost Shanny, Matt didn’t replicate the MVP season.

8) Pissssed off. Anyone who’s played sports knows what it’s like to shake that “monkey off your back, “ and find that angry mode.

9) I still think Goff is not a playoff QB

10) Matt Ryan. Check Matt’s playoff stats. We’ve won 6 out of our last eight

1 minute ago, RYNE said:

Playoff pressure is a whole new experience this rams are about to get blindsided with. 

All we have to do is score touchdowns and get pressure on Goff 

They actually remind me of us when we first started out with smutty. Better defensively. But similar experience wise.

theyre not great against the run. I’m hoping Sark doesn’t call Long developing plays

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

That would be nice but when the Falcons are involved, if they do win it will be a close nerve wrecking, heart attack giving win

I don’t know. Different pressure. Different team they’re playing. We’ve got the perfect defense to match up against their offense

2 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

That would be nice but when the Falcons are involved, if they do win it will be a close nerve wrecking, heart attack giving win

That's usually when we're favorites though. As dogs, it's a different story

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. This team got a major confidence boost just making the playoffs. And we didn’t limp into playoffs either

PokerSteve and Weir1419 like this

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. This team got a major confidence boost just making the playoffs. And we didn’t limp into playoffs either

Team sort of feels like the Cleveland Cavs a little bit. Seems like they just sort of coasted through the regular season. Now that they are in the tournament, and have heard nothing but 28-3 all season, I just have this feeling they are going to come out very PlSSED, determined, and motivated. I could be way off base. But I think the Falcons are the most dangerous team in the playoffs

The O.D.B, Slappywhite and MSalmon like this

The wise guys say we are 6.5 point dogs, with only about 2.5 of that attributable to home field advantage.

12 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I don’t know. Different pressure. Different team they’re playing. We’ve got the perfect defense to match up against their offense

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I hope you guys are right, that would be great.

I would love to see a blowout win, but it will take a complete game from the Falcons, and I question whether they can/will put 1 together. THe Rams D line will give the Falcons trouble which will throw the whole game off. 

I think it’s possible but I’m not sure it happens . 

caponine likes this

it's the Falcons, the game will probably be close late in the 4th quarter (they def. know how to keep fans, from BOTH sides, glued to the game the entire way through ... no one leaves early when the falcons play)

Posted (edited)

People say the Pats game would shake the monkey off our back...but I think having this type of season. Where everything goes wrong, 28-3 is thrown in their faces all year, ending the year going 3/4 against an NFC South gauntlet to make the playoffs...beating the 'odds' by having a winning season and getting a playoff berth...

like, if this doesn't wake them up, nothing will...think we see the 2016 playoff squad. maybe not as pretty, but the grit and determination we had in that run...like Ryan running 20 yards for the TD, Julio beating 3 holding penalties and a PI for the long TD, the defense swarming Russell anytime he thought about running around, Poole knocking Rodger's block off...that intensity noone in the NFC had an answer for...I think we're gonna bring that level of play to this playoffs, and if we do, I don't see any other team in the NFC who can match us, truthfully. it looks like a bunch of 'happy to be here' type of teams...while we look like the team who just went through murderer's row to take back what's ours.

Edited by Wjcorner

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I hope you guys are right, that would be great.

FTR, I did not predict a Falcons blow out. In Pokersteve’s thread, I predicted 23-17 Falcons. I think the matchup is very even, maybe slightly in the Rams favor. But playoff experience will prevail here

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

FTR, I did not predict a Falcons blow out. In Pokersteve’s thread, I predicted 23-17 Falcons. I think the matchup is very even, maybe slightly in the Rams favor. But playoff experience will prevail here

I’m not quite predicting it, but I could see one,

5 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

People say the Pats game would shake the monkey off our back...but I think having this type of season. Where everything goes wrong, 28-3 is thrown in their faces all year, ending the year going 3/4 against an NFC South gauntlet to make the playoffs...beating the 'odds' by having a winning season and getting a playoff berth...

like, if this doesn't wake them up, nothing will...think we see the 2016 playoff squad. maybe not as pretty, but the grit and determination we had in that run...like Ryan running 20 yards for the TD, Julio beating 3 holding penalties and a PI for the long TD, the defense swarming Russell anytime he thought about running around, Poole knocking Rodger's block off...that intensity noone in the NFC had an answer for...I think we're gonna bring that level of play to this playoffs, and if we do, I don't see any other team in the NFC who can match us, truthfully. it looks like a bunch of 'happy to be here' type of teams...while we look like the team who just went through murderer's row to take back what's ours.

I’m not really afraid of any of the matchups tbh. We take this one, I feel great about Philly. I’d rather Minnesota than New Orleans in some ways

I’m not quite predicting it, but I could see one,

I just don’t think this current team is built for blowouts like last year’s team. They are very much about winning between 3-10 points playing smart defense. Which is exactly what I think will happen today

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I just don’t think this current team is built for blowouts like last year’s team. They are very much about winning between 3-10 points playing smart defense. Which is exactly what I think will happen today

Maybe. 

Maybe. 

At the end of the day, I don’t care anymore how they win. Just win. Last year had plenty of style wins and while it was a very fun season, the ending was heartbreaking. Ryan could throw 4 picks in the super bowl and the falcons could win 6-3. I don’t care. Just win the **** super bowl 

37 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Why? Here’s my reasoning:

1) Goff. Make him uncomfortable he gets very sloppy. Takk and Grady will be key to this

2) Stop Gurley. He’s not a John Riggins type of battering ram. He beats with speed. Matchup is key based on our fast defense. Get him outside and will and chase him

3) Our rbs. The rams are great up front with Donald and Quinn. But their  LBs are ok. Play like we did against Denver using Teco and Free slipping out in space. 

4) bring the blitz and see Julio one on one. Reference #3 being key.

5) We have the right Defense to match up against the rams. Keep everything in front of us

6) kicker. Theirs is very inexperienced. Bryant is a cold MoFo

7) Resiliency. Overused? Not really. This team went through a helluva season. Everyone dumped on them “28-3,” lost Shanny, Matt didn’t replicate the MVP season.

8) Pissssed off. Anyone who’s played sports knows what it’s like to shake that “monkey off your back, “ and find that angry mode.

9) I still think Goff is not a playoff QB

10) Matt Ryan. Check Matt’s playoff stats. We’ve won 6 out of our last eight

Agree with everything you said, except #10, Ryan is 3-5 in the playoffs officially. Of course two of those games were fixed and out of Ryan's control (49ers 2012 NFC Championship game, and of course SB 51). Ryan is unofficially 5-3 in the playoffs, and is definitely a playoff QB.

3 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Every week its the same ****. Y'all have been trying to talk yourselves into believing "this is the week we put it all together" since the Pats game. Its getting old. 

This team is what it is at this point. Solid defense with an undisciplined offense that consistently shoots itself in the foot. 

Jerz likes this

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Every week its the same ****. Y'all have been trying to talk yourselves into believing "this is the week we put it all together" since the Pats game. Its getting old. 

This team is what it is at this point. Solid defense with an undisciplined offense that consistently shoots itself in the foot. 

Well, in a way, the offense is still actually pretty good. It’s just compared to last year it isn’t. Perception is reality i suppose. Last week against Carolina, the offense played a pretty decent game. They didn’t turn the ball over and Ryan threw for over 300. If they don’t turn the ball over, they are able to win in the playoffs