1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

It took them hours to cover that? These guys are dumber than I thought. You run the ******* ball you stupid piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!

It took them that long to hash out the payment Belichick owed for the SB "loan of the playbook/game plan" and play calls which doomed the Falcons to lose at the end of the game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, WisFalcon said:

Meh.. all three played a roll in the dynasty but Belichick gets the most credit. He takes care of the whole show while Brady is one man on a 53 man roster. They were still successful with Castle and Garoppolo. Not sure they get the same results without Brady but I know for a fact the don’t accomplish it with Belichick. 

All in all though.. I couldn’t care less about the patriots and an implosion just makes room for the next dynasty to rise up

Tom Brady gets more credit for the Patriots dynasty than Bill Belichick IMO, and I'm gonna get shunned for this, but without Tom Brady the Patriots don't have any rings. I know Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 last season without him, but with all the close Super Bowls they've had from 2001-present there's no way they'd be in the games without Brady. Tom Brady wouldn't have any rings without Belichick either, but I believe he'd have some rings somewhere but not as many as with the Patriots or Belichick. Tom Brady contributed more to the Patriots success than Belichick overall. It's the head coach's responsible to not cheat, not the players. Belichick is responsible for all the cheating. Look at Belichick's resume OVERALL without Tom Brady, he was mediocre or bad with the Cleveland Browns, he went 5-11 in 2000 with Drew Bledsoe, and he unluckily missed the playoffs at 11-5 with Matt Cassel. 

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Honestly that was a good piece. Didn't think it was a hit-job at all. I've always respected the Patriots for being able to do what they have done, anything else is just being a bitter jealous hater. Whether it's this offseason or not, we all know the end of an era is quickly approaching. I think I would side with Belichik in this scenario. He was trying to leave them setup for future success knowing Brady is in his twilight, and Kraft's insistence on trading Garopollo severely undermined his plan. Considering the pending staff defections I wouldn't doubt for one moment that Bill is seriously considering walking away from coaching after this season. 

That being said, Brady and his embrace of pseudoscience is both sad and ridiculous. It's just more proof that being a great football player doesn't make you a smart person in other areas of your life. And for anyone wondering what I mean about Tom Brady's embrace of pseudoscience: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-is-drowning-in-his-own-junk-science-advice/

His book is $200. That in itself told me it's gotta be some kind of gimmick.

1 hour ago, nolove4thecrook said:

I beg to differ they will find some random no name from Stony Brook College and start this all over again. Everytime I see the Patriots im like what the **** is a (insert name here) and they look like probowlers.

Yeah they can look good, but they can certainly be beaten. Even when Casell won 11 games, teams weren’t that scared of him. Pats will win without Brady for sure, but SBs? That’s a different story. Garapollo looks like a franchise QB. None of their other prior backups amounted to much after leaving.

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Tom Brady gets more credit for the Patriots dynasty than Bill Belichick IMO, and I'm gonna get shunned for this, but without Tom Brady the Patriots don't have any rings. I know Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 last season without him, but with all the close Super Bowls they've had from 2001-present there's no way they'd be in the games without Brady. Tom Brady wouldn't have any rings without Belichick either, but I believe he'd have some rings somewhere but not as many as with the Patriots or Belichick. Tom Brady contributed more to the Patriots success than Belichick overall. It's the head coach's responsible to not cheat, not the players. Belichick is responsible for all the cheating. Look at Belichick's resume OVERALL without Tom Brady, he was mediocre or bad with the Cleveland Browns, he went 5-11 in 2000 with Drew Bledsoe, and he unluckily missed the playoffs at 11-5 with Matt Cassel. 

Meh you don’t deserve to get shunned.. it’s a valid opinion. I agree, the power three made the dynasty. But say the patriots had any average to above average player would they have the rings?

rodgers? Stafford? Ryan? Roethlisberger? Wentz? And so on.

Brady was a tiny no name that came into the league at the right time? The right system and he WORKED his face off. 

They all get the credit and Belichick Brady may be 1a 1b. Give a diff coach the patriots back then and I don’t know if you get the same outcome.

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

This is more ESPN "much Ado about nothing" garbage. No coincidence that all this "huge news" stuff waited until a day or two before the playoffs started to bump their numbers for coverage.

But the rubes keep eating up this tripe.

B$PN lost what little credibility due to their Deflategate lies. 200 layoffs... You are correct.

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

This is more ESPN "much Ado about nothing" garbage. No coincidence that all this "huge news" stuff waited until a day or two before the playoffs started to bump their numbers for coverage.

But the rubes keep eating up this tripe.

The timing is probably no accident, but it's hard to understand how this story, which you very aptly describe as "much ado about nothing" and "garbage" is going to create even a ripple of interest among any rubes further out on the NFL landscape than Foxboro?

If this really is ESPN's big ploy to bump up their numbers and save their ship, they're trying to bail out the Titanic with a mop bucket.

Robert Kraft made a huge mistake siding w/ Brady.   You never side w/ the HOF 40yr old QB over the HOF HC.   Brady is gonna fall off the cliff soon and Belicheck was always a "get rid of a guy a year too early than a year too late" - and every iconic player has to go sometime - most of the time - happened to Jerry Rice/Joe Montana, etc, etc.

Clearly it looks like Jimmy Garropolo might be a special player and Belicheck hung onto him for a long time - when the owner tells you "trade Garropolo" because Tom Frickin' Brady wants it - well that is just bad business.

Garropolo going 5-0 with that dreadful Niners roster says a lot.    I love it though!

The part about TB12 being like a cult was hilarious. I told my buddies that Brady seemed like the guy who would be in a cult a few years ago. I get a weird vibe off him from his interviews. Kind of narcissistic but in a subtile way. Not helping Jimmy G at all is kind of an example of that. 

I do respect Brady for taking a holistic "natural" approach to his health. In my experience allopathic "western" medicene is absolutely terrible for achieving vibrant health. Great for symptom management if that's what you want and life or death situations but other than that I'd stay far away from allopathic medicene. 

Lastly I do think Kraft messed up by siding with Brady. Bellicheck knows what hes doing. Its way harder to replace a GOAT level coach then a GOAT level QB. With Jimmy G the Pats were set for the next 10+ seasons. Now it looks like there window is open for a few years max. Unless they can find what they had in Jimmy G.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

The timing is probably no accident, but it's hard to understand how this story, which you very aptly describe as "much ado about nothing" and "garbage" is going to create even a ripple of interest among any rubes further out on the NFL landscape than Foxboro?

If this really is ESPN's big ploy to bump up their numbers and save their ship, they're trying to bail out the Titanic with a mop bucket.

Because the people who hate the Patriots far outnumber the actual Patriot fans. I mean what Steeler/Bills/Jets/Dolphins/Colts fan ISNT foaming at their widely hanging open mouth to see **** like this?

7 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Yep it's Billy Billy. Before the Pats, he had Cleveland playing as a contender. A team that would eventually win the Super Bowl as the Baltimore Ravens.  His philosophy has always been to take your strength away from your offense. The first 3 Championships, Brady was nothing more than a game manager. You had a star kicker in Adam V. Who, by the way ran down Herschel Walker on a kick return; if I recall correctly.

Patriots defense in early 2000s was very good. BB is a winner, the guy will do anything to win. Cheat or not he game plans like no other Coach.

37 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Because the people who hate the Patriots far outnumber the actual Patriot fans. I mean what Steeler/Bills/Jets/Dolphins/Colts fan ISNT foaming at their widely hanging open mouth to see **** like this?

You make a good point. When ESPN does an article on Camilla's sex-change aspirations or the inside story on how that funny mark on Breesus's face occurred during a botched high-voltage alien anal probe, I'll be bumping up their numbers with some serious clicks myself.

4 hours ago, WisFalcon said:

Meh you don’t deserve to get shunned.. it’s a valid opinion. I agree, the power three made the dynasty. But say the patriots had any average to above average player would they have the rings?

rodgers? Stafford? Ryan? Roethlisberger? Wentz? And so on.

Brady was a tiny no name that came into the league at the right time? The right system and he WORKED his face off. 

They all get the credit and Belichick Brady may be 1a 1b. Give a diff coach the patriots back then and I don’t know if you get the same outcome.

I said this yesterday.  It's okay, you can share credit or give credit to me @WhenFalconsWin ;)

This crap means absolutely nothing. 

The Oakland A's won three World Series in a row while having fist fights and  trying to kill each other in the dugout at the same time.   They were a travelling personality disorder show that slaughtered Major League baseball teams with almost zero difficulty. 

When it comes to winning super bowls, as much as I hate it, there's just no team that comes close to taking care of business like New England.  None of that outside junk or puffed-up media tabloid horse sh*t means diddly when it's time to kick the game off. 

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

This crap means absolutely nothing. 

The Oakland A's won three World Series in a row while having fist fights and  trying to kill each other in the dugout at the same time.   They were a travelling personality disorder show that slaughtered Major League baseball teams with almost zero difficulty. 

When it comes to winning super bowls, as much as I hate it, there's just no team that comes close to taking care of business like New England.  None of that outside junk or puffed-up media tabloid horse sh*t means diddly when it's time to kick the game off. 

So your telling me that the fact that staff and insiders in New England are openly talking about the regression they are seeing in Brady is insignificant?  I get where your coming from but there is meat on this to be sure.

3 hours ago, tactician said:

No way Bill Belichick traded Jimmy G of his own accord. He was ready to give Jimmy G the keys. He spent a second round pick on him, spent 4 years developing him. Bill B should walk away.

Yep. Belichick’s MO is to trade a player a year before his decline. I can see him wanting to trade Brady.