ESPN.com is reportedly preparing to publish a piece by Seth Wickersham on Friday that will detail a rift between New England Patriotsowner Robert Kraft, quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick

According to Boston Sports Media Watch's Bruce Allen, the article focuses on "a power struggle among the trio as to who deserves the most credit for the dynasty."

Allen added the article claims "the rift is so severe many Patriots feel this is the last year together for the trio" and that Brady "went to Kraft to force Belichick to trade" Jimmy Garoppolo. 

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio confirmed a story will be published Friday but cited a source who said "the ESPN report will not contend that Brady tried to force a trade."

Brady and Belichick throughout the 2017 season stemming from Belichick's decision to ban Brady's trainer and business partner, Alex Guerrero, from boarding the team plane or standing on the sideline, per the Boston Globe's Bob Hohler. Guerrero is also reportedly no longer allowed to work with Patriots players other than Brady. 

According to Hohler, those decisions have "created some friction in Foxborough." 

Belichick has since declined to address the details of the report. 

"Yeah, this is another one with no sources, right? Yup," Belichick said, per NESN's Doug Kyed. "I'm not gonna get into that. Yeah, because (the sources are) not mentioned."

The Patriots, who clinched the AFC's No. 1 seed after going 13-3, are aiming to repeat as Super Bowl champions and capture the franchise's sixth Vince Lombardi Trophy with Brady and Belichick at the helm. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752509-tom-brady-reportedly-forced-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-patriots-involved-in-rift

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh.. all three played a roll in the dynasty but Belichick gets the most credit. He takes care of the whole show while Brady is one man on a 53 man roster. They were still successful with Castle and Garoppolo. Not sure they get the same results without Brady but I know for a fact the don’t accomplish it with Belichick. 

All in all though.. I couldn’t care less about the patriots and an implosion just makes room for the next dynasty to rise up

29 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

Meh.. all three played a roll in the dynasty but Belichick gets the most credit. He takes care of the whole show while Brady is one man on a 53 man roster. They were still successful with Castle and Garoppolo. Not sure they get the same results without Brady but I know for a fact the don’t accomplish it with Belichick. 

All in all though.. I couldn’t care less about the patriots and an implosion just makes room for the next dynasty to rise up

Next dynasty to.... rise up! I see what you did there! 

Honestly that was a good piece. Didn't think it was a hit-job at all. I've always respected the Patriots for being able to do what they have done, anything else is just being a bitter jealous hater. Whether it's this offseason or not, we all know the end of an era is quickly approaching. I think I would side with Belichik in this scenario. He was trying to leave them setup for future success knowing Brady is in his twilight, and Kraft's insistence on trading Garopollo severely undermined his plan. Considering the pending staff defections I wouldn't doubt for one moment that Bill is seriously considering walking away from coaching after this season. 

That being said, Brady and his embrace of pseudoscience is both sad and ridiculous. It's just more proof that being a great football player doesn't make you a smart person in other areas of your life. And for anyone wondering what I mean about Tom Brady's embrace of pseudoscience: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-is-drowning-in-his-own-junk-science-advice/

Edited by RandomFan

Quick hits from the article (its long): 

Brady is having a midlife crisis and doesnt want to accept his decline.   

Bradys friend Guerrero has convinced him he can play into his 40s pain free because of "TB12 Method" while also franchising treatment and recover clinics under said name. 

Belichick became wary of Guerreros influence on young guys.   

Young guys unsure whether to use team trainer or TB12. 

Brady is pouting that Belichick is still ripping him in front of the team when he does bad.  

Belichick banned Guerrero from all team activities.

Brady continued campaigning for his future to Kraft. 

Kraft choose Brady over Belichick forcing the Garoppolo trade, Brady is happy again. 

Kraft admits the trade may have been a mistake.

Belichick contacted Kyle Shenanigans and met.  They talked for hours on what went wrong in the SB.......  

Belichick saw Garoppolo as a good fit with Kyle and offered him for a second round pick,  a veritable steal.

Most staff stand with Belichick and they also speak about the noticeable decline of Brady.

The air has yet to be cleared between B and B and many are saying this may be it for the dynasty.

Staff and players think Brady has a hard time saying no to his friend so dont really blame him.

Some crap about Belichicks vision of the future. 

It's an interesting read for the crapper but that's about it

5 hours ago, WisFalcon said:

Yep it's Billy Billy. Before the Pats, he had Cleveland playing as a contender. A team that would eventually win the Super Bowl as the Baltimore Ravens.  His philosophy has always been to take your strength away from your offense. The first 3 Championships, Brady was nothing more than a game manager. You had a star kicker in Adam V. Who, by the way ran down Herschel Walker on a kick return; if I recall correctly.

4 hours ago, chitowndirtybird said:

Quick hits from the article (its long): 

Belichick contacted Kyle Shenanigans and met.  They talked for hours on what went wrong in the SB.......  

It took them hours to cover that? These guys are dumber than I thought. You run the ******* ball you stupid piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

We are lucky they got rid of Garoppolo. When Brady hits the wall at 42 it’s gonna take them a few years to find a new QB 

I beg to differ they will find some random no name from Stony Brook College and start this all over again. Everytime I see the Patriots im like what the **** is a (insert name here) and they look like probowlers.

7 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

ESPN.com is reportedly preparing to publish a piece by Seth Wickersham on Friday that will detail a rift between New England Patriotsowner Robert Kraft, quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bill Belichick

According to Boston Sports Media Watch's Bruce Allen, the article focuses on "a power struggle among the trio as to who deserves the most credit for the dynasty."

Allen added the article claims "the rift is so severe many Patriots feel this is the last year together for the trio" and that Brady "went to Kraft to force Belichick to trade" Jimmy Garoppolo. 

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio confirmed a story will be published Friday but cited a source who said "the ESPN report will not contend that Brady tried to force a trade."

Brady and Belichick throughout the 2017 season stemming from Belichick's decision to ban Brady's trainer and business partner, Alex Guerrero, from boarding the team plane or standing on the sideline, per the Boston Globe's Bob Hohler. Guerrero is also reportedly no longer allowed to work with Patriots players other than Brady. 

According to Hohler, those decisions have "created some friction in Foxborough." 

Belichick has since declined to address the details of the report. 

"Yeah, this is another one with no sources, right? Yup," Belichick said, per NESN's Doug Kyed. "I'm not gonna get into that. Yeah, because (the sources are) not mentioned."

The Patriots, who clinched the AFC's No. 1 seed after going 13-3, are aiming to repeat as Super Bowl champions and capture the franchise's sixth Vince Lombardi Trophy with Brady and Belichick at the helm. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752509-tom-brady-reportedly-forced-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-patriots-involved-in-rift

:slick: