Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ravens

174 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You know how easy it is to get a room full of Bulldog fans to say the only Bama fan in the room was the first to swing?

:lol: good point

23 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Ravens - great defense (had a couple of shutouts), poor offense (good RB's & QB but no receivers)

The Ravens spent big money in the offseason to bring in Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin. Flacco just couldn't get them the ball.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dude if I were you I'd have gotten my new rat stick and shoved it up his arse. Seriously though I'd have given him an illustration on how adrenaline effects muscle fibers. I have an anger issue that I have been going to meetings for  since 2002. I would have had to started all over again.

Lmao I love IASIP

9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Definitely red meat for the gazoo ;) 

It use to drive me NUTS the Flacco is better than Ryan debates!

How bout those Jamaal Anderson threads?

11 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

You mean the ones where people didn't know the difference between Jamal Anderson and Jamaal Anderson?

4 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

The ones where I said I would wait until he’s played into hi s third season before I would be willimg to declare him a bust?

My signature said much of JA98s second season that “I do not know if he will end up being a good player or a bust but my position was to wait until he played into his third season before declaring him a bust”.

In his thirst season I declared him a bust.

I have that policy with most all drafted players, especially at certain positions. A lot of fans look like loud mouth idiots claiming Roddy, Beasley etc were busts. 

Everyone was calling me names for not calling Roddy a bust after his second season....how’d that work out for them? Were you one of them?

Clearly  you suffer from Gazoo Induced Butt Hurt.  Was it Roddy I wiped the floor up with you? 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, gazoo said:

The ones where I said I would wait until he’s played into hi s third season before I would be willimg to declare him a bust?

My signature said much of JA98s second season that “I do not know if he will end up being a good player or a bust but my position was to wait until he played into his third season before declaring him a bust”.

I have that policy with most all drafted players, especially at certain positions. A lot of fans look like loud mouth idiots claiming Roddy, Beasley etc were busts. 

Everyone was calling me names for not calling Roddy a bust after his second season....how’d that work out for them? Were you one of them?

Clearly  you suffer from Gazoo Induced Butt Hurt.  Was it Roddy I wiped the floor up with you? 

oh-snap-meme.jpg

gazoo likes this

On 1/1/2018 at 10:10 PM, 28-3 said:

My screen name is 28-3 not only because it is truly representative of our team, but because we were told to embrace the suck. You guys are acting like we won the **** Superbowl.

You can call it what you want but the reality is it comes across as trolling.  If, when choosing your SN, it's something a Saints fan would proudly roll with then honestly what else would you expect?  

I would also disagree with it representing this year's Falcons.  It is representative of one game played almost a year ago and there are a lot of differences between last year's team and this one.

23 hours ago, kschreck said:

You can call it what you want but the reality is it comes across as trolling.  If, when choosing your SN, it's something a Saints fan would proudly roll with then honestly what else would you expect?  

I would also disagree with it representing this year's Falcons.  It is representative of one game played almost a year ago and there are a lot of differences between last year's team and this one.

It is representative of us still having issues with maintaining a lead. Also, I am quite free to choose whichever screen name I **** well please. 28-3 should be a motivator, not a troll job. They should have 28-3 posted in the **** locker room.

Just because my screen name isn't '#1MR2nuthugger' doesn't make me a troll.

On 1/8/2018 at 11:31 PM, gazoo said:

I thought you would have grown up by now Gazoo, oh well. Roddy had some rough hands early on, but we all knew and know Vick was never a QB that could reliably get the ball to guys on the regular...thus the few miracle players 100+ yard games that our wideouts put up. Can’t really bash on a wideout that is getting 2 passes/game who is starting, you can’t get into a rhythm.

43 minutes ago, 28-3 said:

It is representative of us still having issues with maintaining a lead. Also, I am quite free to choose whichever screen name I **** well please. 28-3 should be a motivator, not a troll job. They should have 28-3 posted in the **** locker room.

I mean this in a friendly way and know you aren’t trolling the boards. But having 28-3 as an SN is kind of obnoxious. You’d have to be somewhat understanding if fans on this board reacted negatively at it. What if I changed my SN to “Falcons 0 Championships” you think that would welcome positivity?

14 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

I thought you would have grown up by now Gazoo, oh well. Roddy had some rough hands early on, but we all knew and know Vick was never a QB that could reliably get the ball to guys on the regular...thus the few miracle players 100+ yard games that our wideouts put up. Can’t really bash on a wideout that is getting 2 passes/game who is starting, you can’t get into a rhythm.

I would suggest the growing up part would be on your end. Don’t cheap shot people and  they won’t hit you back. 

I am perfectly good with my policy of not prematurately calling young developing players busts until they’ve had a reasonable time to develop. It can take receivers and lineman into their third seasons to break out. Eric Moulds looked terrible his first two seasons just like Roddy. Patrick Kerney looked terrible his first two seasons. 

Prematurely frothing at the mouth with the bust label on young players steep in their development curves  is foolish. Criticizing me for not jumping on the “he’s a bust” bandwagon is even more foolish. 

14 hours ago, 28-3 said:

Agreed. It’s not what your name isn’t that makes you a troll.

it’s what your name IS that makes you a troll.

13 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

It wasn't just that, Roddy was self-admittedly lazy. Joe Horn was one of my favorite FA moves simply for him being so instrumental in Roddy's maturation/development.

Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

It wasn't just that, Roddy was self-admittedly lazy. Joe Horn was one of my favorite FA moves simply for him being so instrumental in Roddy's maturation/development.

Yep. I think blaming Vick is misguided.

Roddy also had concentration issues. He didn’t have the focus and wasn’t putting in the playbook time needed leading to a lot of dropped balls.

i was demonized for not calling him a bust after year 2.  I recall bringing up Eric Moulds and a few others who struggled in their first 2 seasons. Many here demanded Roddy be cut from the team and were angry at me for wanting him back.

56 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Correct. Joe horn and finneran both mentored Roddy. Sat him down and talked about  how to train, eat right, get proper rest, etc.