Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ravens

174 posts in this topic

Dark days in Baltimore. Its amazing how things change for almost everyone. 2 things are almost certain though. The Browns are going to suck and the Patriots are going to go deep in the playoffs.

10 hours ago, osiruz said:

Would love to have the Ravens Lombardi though. FlacCo not ad good as ryan, but he's clutch.

Joe Flacco and clutch should never be used in the same sentence.

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

The last two times the Ravens made the playoffs Flacco was pretty good. He has outplayed Tom Brady in Foxboro the last two times they faced off in the playoffs. But he does suck in the regular season

You're right that the last two times the Ravens have been in the playoffs Flacco has played well. But overall his playoff numbers are only slightly better than his regular season numbers. Average. Especially that career playoff completion percentage of 56.6%.

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

The last two times the Ravens made the playoffs Flacco was pretty good. He has outplayed Tom Brady in Foxboro the last two times they faced off in the playoffs. But he does suck in the regular season

He doesn’t need to though, Ravens beat Patriots 34-14 in the playoffs with Falacco going 4/10 and some 30 yard for whole game. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

38 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're right that the last two times the Ravens have been in the playoffs Flacco has played well. But overall his playoff numbers are only slightly better than his regular season numbers. Average. Especially that career playoff completion percentage of 56.6%.

He has better team. That’s not even up for debate. 

11 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

They deal with stealers and Patriots fans a lot. I can't blame them for being a disgruntled bunch of rabble.

It goes beyond that. They are under the impression that any team other than the Ravens sucks. And literally EVERYTHING is the Refs fault. 

16 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It goes beyond that. They are under the impression that any team other than the Ravens sucks. And literally EVERYTHING is the Refs fault. 

Sounds more like Seahags fans to me lol

Sidecar Falcon likes this

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Remember how it used to be on this board and in NFL circles all about John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco and the Ravens and how Ozzie Newsome was one of the  best GM's in football? I think the shine has worn off the Ravens since their SB win in 2012. Since then they've made the playoffs just once (2014) and went 1-1. Their regular season record since the start of the 2013 season is 40-40. Joe Flacco continues to turn in average after average after average season and they're paying him how much? Wow!! Check out these seasons, as bad as Matt Ryan gets roasted on here, could you imagine it if he was turning in these seasons ever year?

• 2013 = 362/614 (59.0%), 3912 YDS (6.4), 19 TD, 22 INT, 73.1 QB Rating
  • 2014 = 344/554 (62.1%), 3986 YDS (7.2), 27 TD, 12 INT, 91.0 QB Rating
  • 2015 = 266/413 (64.4%), 2791 YDS (6.8), 14 TD, 12 INT, 83.1 QB Rating
  • 2016 = 436/672 (64.9%), 4317 YDS (6.4), 20 TD, 15 INT, 83.5 QB Rating
  • 2017 = 352/549 (64.1%), 3141 YDS (5.7), 18 TD, 13 INT, 80.4 QB Rating

I post this thread because if you remember how insufferable this place was after the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012 and all the trolls that showed up here. Where are those clowns now? Sitting at home in January for the 4th time in 5 years while Joe Flacco's contract is an anchor around their necks.

BTW, what about what the Bengals managed to do the last two weeks? Their season has long since been over and then bang, last week they ended the Lions season and then yesterday ended the Ravens season. Sure with the Falcons had been able to do that in their bad years.

More Karma for the Deflategate lies and BS. Colts haven't made the playoffs either. Luck has been hurt, Grigson got canned, Pagano got fired. Kensil was banished. Mort got throat cancer (glad he's feeling better). B$PN has had massive layoffs as viewership has dropped and the Worldwide Leader in Lies and Misinformation has lost what little credibility it had left. NFL ratings have plummeted. Only Harbaugh and Goodall still have to get theirs. Then the Universe will have finally righted itself.

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Remember how it used to be on this board and in NFL circles all about John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco and the Ravens and how Ozzie Newsome was one of the  best GM's in football? I think the shine has worn off the Ravens since their SB win in 2012. Since then they've made the playoffs just once (2014) and went 1-1. Their regular season record since the start of the 2013 season is 40-40. Joe Flacco continues to turn in average after average after average season and they're paying him how much? Wow!! Check out these seasons, as bad as Matt Ryan gets roasted on here, could you imagine it if he was turning in these seasons ever year?

• 2013 = 362/614 (59.0%), 3912 YDS (6.4), 19 TD, 22 INT, 73.1 QB Rating
  • 2014 = 344/554 (62.1%), 3986 YDS (7.2), 27 TD, 12 INT, 91.0 QB Rating
  • 2015 = 266/413 (64.4%), 2791 YDS (6.8), 14 TD, 12 INT, 83.1 QB Rating
  • 2016 = 436/672 (64.9%), 4317 YDS (6.4), 20 TD, 15 INT, 83.5 QB Rating
  • 2017 = 352/549 (64.1%), 3141 YDS (5.7), 18 TD, 13 INT, 80.4 QB Rating

I post this thread because if you remember how insufferable this place was after the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012 and all the trolls that showed up here. Where are those clowns now? Sitting at home in January for the 4th time in 5 years while Joe Flacco's contract is an anchor around their necks.

BTW, what about what the Bengals managed to do the last two weeks? Their season has long since been over and then bang, last week they ended the Lions season and then yesterday ended the Ravens season. Sure with the Falcons had been able to do that in their bad years.

A question. And this is not coming from Flacco love. I've always thought Ryan was better than Joe, and still do. And I'm not sure how I would answer this question. Would you rather have had a SB win in '12 by the Falcons and now the Falcons and Matt are like the Ravens are now, or  do you prefer the current Falcons, basically competing every year, but still no SB and having historically blown the one they did go to?

16 minutes ago, fuego said:

A question. And this is not coming from Flacco love. I've always thought Ryan was better than Joe, and still do. And I'm not sure how I would answer this question. Would you rather have had a SB win in '12 by the Falcons and now the Falcons and Matt are like the Ravens are now, or  do you prefer the current Falcons, basically competing every year, but still no SB and having historically blown the one they did go to?

I honestly have no idea how I would answer that. It's like asking would you rather be the Braves or Marlins? Braves made the playoffs every year for 14 straight years but won just 1 World Series. The Marlins have been in existence since 1993 and made the playoffs just twice, but won the World Series both times.

fuego likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah you are right. He just isn't good overall

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He doesn’t need to though, Ravens beat Patriots 34-14 in the playoffs with Falacco going 4/10 and some 30 yard for whole game. 

That was early in his career.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Joe Flacco and clutch should never be used in the same sentence.

He is more clutch than Matt Ryan. Go watch the 2012 playoff highlights.

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Go watch the games and see how many interceptions he should have had.

Matt shouldn't have had more ints this season? Sounds like an excuse. Every QB gets a break. Bottom line he won them the bowl. 

23 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Matt shouldn't have had more ints this season? Sounds like an excuse. Every QB gets a break. Bottom line he won them the bowl. 

Matt Ryan's thrown the least amount of interceptable passes this season, yet has double digit interception totals. What does that tell you? It tells you he should have FEWER interceptions this year, not more. Good grief dude. I know you don't like Ryan but geez, at least try to be objective.

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Denver dropped 3-4 easy picks in 2012 playoffs. Watch the games not highlights.

Yep. Not to mention the incredible catches that Anquan Boldin made all throughout the playoffs to save Flacco from interceptions. If John Fox's dumb *** doesn't pull a Mike Smith the Ravens lose that game and never even sniff the Super Bowl. It would have been another 1-1 Ravens postseason, which has been the norm under Flacco, that is when they make it.

quickzero likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Ryan QB rating in playoffs = 102.4 (3rd all-time)

flacco QB rating in playoffs = 88.6 (14th all-time)

BTW, little Ben Roeth’s = 84.3, 24th all-time

But they have more rings because they came through when it counts. Big Ben might not put up sexy numbers but he impacts the game much more than Matt, and he is a much better QB.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. Not to mention the incredible catches that Anquan Boldin made all throughout the playoffs to save Flacco from interceptions. If John Fox's dumb *** doesn't pull a Mike Smith the Ravens lose that game and never even sniff the Super Bowl. It would have been another 1-1 Ravens postseason, which has been the norm under Flacco, that is when they make it.

Don't forget a Kick returned for TD to close the SB after Niners made a come back. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Matt Ryan's thrown the least amount of interceptable passes this season, yet has double digit interception totals. What does that tell you? It tells you he should have FEWER interceptions this year, not more. Good grief dude. I know you don't like Ryan but geez, at least try to be objective.

Being objective doesn't mean being a homer. Flacco  played fantastic against the pats, and niners when it counted. Ryan fumbled, took a stupid sack, and couldn't make the plays. These are facts.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

But they have more rings because they came through when it counts. Big Ben might not put up sexy numbers but he impacts the game much more than Matt, and he is a much better QB.

Troy Palamollo had more impact than Big Ben in their SB wins. Guy Single handedly won the AFCG and one of the main reason steelers won 2008 SB.

Falconsfan567 and quickzero like this