Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ravens

174 posts in this topic

Remember how it used to be on this board and in NFL circles all about John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco and the Ravens and how Ozzie Newsome was one of the  best GM's in football? I think the shine has worn off the Ravens since their SB win in 2012. Since then they've made the playoffs just once (2014) and went 1-1. Their regular season record since the start of the 2013 season is 40-40. Joe Flacco continues to turn in average after average after average season and they're paying him how much? Wow!! Check out these seasons, as bad as Matt Ryan gets roasted on here, could you imagine it if he was turning in these seasons ever year?

• 2013 = 362/614 (59.0%), 3912 YDS (6.4), 19 TD, 22 INT, 73.1 QB Rating
  • 2014 = 344/554 (62.1%), 3986 YDS (7.2), 27 TD, 12 INT, 91.0 QB Rating
  • 2015 = 266/413 (64.4%), 2791 YDS (6.8), 14 TD, 12 INT, 83.1 QB Rating
  • 2016 = 436/672 (64.9%), 4317 YDS (6.4), 20 TD, 15 INT, 83.5 QB Rating
  • 2017 = 352/549 (64.1%), 3141 YDS (5.7), 18 TD, 13 INT, 80.4 QB Rating

I post this thread because if you remember how insufferable this place was after the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012 and all the trolls that showed up here. Where are those clowns now? Sitting at home in January for the 4th time in 5 years while Joe Flacco's contract is an anchor around their necks.

BTW, what about what the Bengals managed to do the last two weeks? Their season has long since been over and then bang, last week they ended the Lions season and then yesterday ended the Ravens season. Sure with the Falcons had been able to do that in their bad years.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Remember how it used to be on this board and in NFL circles all about John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco and the Ravens and how Ozzie Newsome was one of the  best GM's in football? I think the shine has worn off the Ravens since their SB win in 2012. Since then they've made the playoffs just once (2014) and went 1-1. Their regular season record since the start of the 2013 season is 40-40. Joe Flacco continues to turn in average after average after average season and they're paying him how much? Wow!! Check out these seasons, as bad as Matt Ryan gets roasted on here, could you imagine it if he was turning in these seasons ever year?

I post this thread because if you remember how insufferable this place was after the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2012 and all the trolls that showed up here. Where are those clowns now? Sitting at home in January for the 4th time in 5 years while Joe Flacco's contract is an anchor around their necks.

BTW, what about what the Bengals managed to do the last two weeks? Their season has long since been over and then bang, last week they ended the Lions season and then yesterday ended the Ravens season. Sure with the Falcons had been able to do that in their bad years.

His best year is Matt Ryan's worst year :shrug:

45 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Can’t read all that. Just don’t want to. Flacco sucks. Got hot during the playoffs and road a stacked defense. Ryan hands down better 

It's not a long post but alright.

54 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Can’t read all that. Just don’t want to. Flacco sucks. Got hot during the playoffs and road a stacked defense. Ryan hands down better 

But still year after year we have those calls to have Ryan traded and or to draft <insert mobile QB name here>  Shoot we just had one pop up last week. 

quickzero likes this

1 minute ago, ICD said:

But still year after year we have a those calls to have Ryan’s traded and or to draft <insert mobile QB name here>  Shoot we just had one pop up last week. 

Most people are ignorant. Idk how old you are maybe older than me, but eventually you will figure that out. 

I live about 30 mins from Baltimore. I can tell you that Baltimore fans are some of the worst fans I’ve ever encountered. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they are an extremely spoiled and entitled fan base. This stems from the 2 Super Bowl Championships they won in their first 16 years of existence (not counting Browns lineage). I can only speak from personal experience, but there are still a few fans that believe Flacco is the superior QB. 

6 minutes ago, ICD said:

But still year after year we have those calls to have Ryan traded and or to draft <insert mobile QB name here>  Shoot we just had one pop up last week. 

To be fair the whole trade for *insert mobile QB* is a ploy to $hit stir by a few specific posters with evident agendas. 

papachaz, quickzero and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not sure if you just hate the Ravens, or aren't as superstitious as me. Me personally, I wouldn't be drawing comparisons because for all the playoffs we've made in the Ryan Era, we've looked like we didn't belong and embarrassingly so.  Just seems like bad juju to point out another teams bad when we have yet to accomplish what they did when they were good. Let's just hope we get the chance to knock the Saints out in the NFC champ game.

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

To be fair the whole trade for *insert mobile QB* is a ploy to $hit stir by a few specific posters with evident agendas. 

Those would be the "Michael Vick" fans and not Falcon fans. If you notice every mobile QB mentioned in those threads are black QBs. Never seen one about a white mobile QB like Baker Mayfield or Carson Wentz.

quickzero and Falcon from E like this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Those YPA averages are downright alarming for a veteran QB, especially one being paid like Flacco. I kinda root for them because my wife is from the area and I like the way they played ball for a long time but I hope plans to move on from the unibrow are in place. He’s been terrible. 

Just now, The O.D.B said:

Not sure if you just hate the Ravens, or aren't as superstitious as me. Me personally, I wouldn't be drawing comparisons because for all the playoffs we've made in the Ryan Era, we've looked like we didn't belong and embarrassingly so.  Just seems like bad juju to point out another teams bad when we have yet to accomplish what they did when they were good. Let's just hope we get the chance to knock the Saints out in the NFC champ game.

I personally don't hate the Ravens, and no, I'm not superstitious.

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

Those YPA averages are downright alarming for a veteran QB, especially one being paid like Flacco. I kinda root for them because my wife is from the area and I like the way they played ball for a long time but I hope plans to move on from the unibrow are in place. He’s been terrible. 

Especially in this day and age of all the rules being offensively driven.

Butudontseeme™ likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Ah yes, here's one of said trolls.

Wait, I'm a troll because the Ravens won the Superbowl and we choked ours away? Ok.

2 minutes ago, 28-3 said:

Remember how Joe Flacco and the Ravens won the Superbowl, and the Falcons... wait, nevermind.

Is there a reason you post hear besides trolling?

obviously not.

Slappywhite likes this

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

Can’t bring myself to root for them despite living here my entire life. It’s not so much the team as the fans. Last year my good friends held a SB party because of Atlanta being in the game. They invited one of their “relatives” (Ravens fan) and because everyone was rooting for the Falcons he decided to be the resident d@ckhead and root for the Patriots along with his fiancé. Needless to say every time Brady/Patriots did anything he would be be screaming and whooping. 

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ah yes, here's one of said trolls.

Yeah. . . .”28-3”. . .how original.  Never heard THAT one before.  

Btw, I was born in Baltimore.   The best adjective to describe it is “s***hole”

My screen name is 28-3 not only because it is truly representative of our team, but because we were told to embrace the suck. You guys are acting like we won the **** Superbowl.