Since1990

2018 In Memoriam Thread

352 posts in this topic

Image result for juan romero photo

Juan Romero - He was the 18-year old busboy at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles who cradled the wounded body of Robert Kennedy on June 5, 1968 after gunman Sirhan Sirhan shot Kennedy in the back and head as Kennedy was walking through the hotel's kitchen shaking hands with hotel employees after his win in the California Democratic primary earlier that night. Photojournalists captured the tragic and iconic moment in black and white photos. Romero's daughter said that her father rarely talked about that night, but in a 1998 interview with the Associated Press, Romero said "I reached out to shake his hand and there was loud screaming, and he suddenly fell on the ground. I kneeled down to him and I could see his lips moving, so I put my ear next to his lips and I heard him say, 'Is everybody OK?' I said, 'Yes, everybody's OK.' I put my hand between the cold concrete and his head just to make him comfortable."

Image result for diana sowle willy wonka

Diana Sowle - American stage and film actress who is best known for playing Mrs. Hellen Bucket (Charlie Bucket's mother) in the 1971 classic film WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.

Statick likes this

Martha Landon

Celeste Yarnell - American television actress who made over 50 guest appearances in numerous shows including MY THREE SONS, BEWITCHED, GIDGET, BONANZA, and HOGAN'S HEROES. Fans of STAR TREK will remember her as Yeomen Martha Landon in the season 2 episode "The Apple."

Douglas Rain, the acclaimed Shakespearean actor whose chilling performance as the voice of the homicidal HAL 9000 computer in "2001: A Space Odyssey" rendered the amoral emptiness of outer space in sound, died Sunday at age 90.

58 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

Image result for katherine scottie macgregor

Katherine MacGregor - American actress best known for her role as Harriett Oleson in LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

Didn't know she was still with us up to this time

RIP Katherine

Image result for roy clark

Roy Clark - American singer and musician best known for hosting HEE HAW, a nationally televised country music variety show from 1969-1997. He was a member of the Grand Ole Opry and the County Music Hall of Fame.

mdrake34 likes this