Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Dan Quinn Challenges

37 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If Dan Quinn doesn't wise up on when to challenge and when not to I'm gonna lose it. How he can he associated with the NFL this long and not know the proper times to challenge? He costs the Falcons so many time outs.

He never wins. I wonder who he has in the booth who watches replays and tells him if it’s a good play to challenge. It is awful

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, RYNE said:

He never wins. I wonder who he has in the booth who watches replays and tells him if it’s a good play to challenge. It is awful

Most times he throws the challenge flag before the replay is even shown. Guys in the booth can't help him with that.

JDaveG and Flying Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

It's like yall don't realize people in the booth advise him on challenges.

I love how you’re the rational one that calls out the stupidity during games. And aren’t you like 21 or something? We need to grab a beer the next time I’m in ATL 

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I love how you’re the rational one that calls out the stupidity during games. And aren’t you like 21 or something? We need to grab a beer the next time I’m in ATL 

20, I'll be 21 in OCT. I'm a youngin.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

17 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Most of the time Quinn throws the challenge flag before the booth even has a chance to look at the replay. He's too emotional invested in the game and if one of his players says something then he listens to them instead of waiting for his guys upstairs to tell him.

Flying Falcon likes this

For all of his flaws I still like the way he has this team playing. Way better than the Mike Smith days. 

Bad challenges or not. Gotta take the good with the bad. 

Just now, Sui_Generis said:

For all of his flaws I still like the way he has this team playing. Way better than the Mike Smith days. 

Bad challenges or not. Gotta take the good with the bad. 

I just want him to improve on his weaknesses like he would expect from his players. His weaknesses are challenges and timeouts.

Flying Falcon likes this

The Falcons are in the playoffs and we are still getting threads like this- who gives a crap when you have a winning record with a tough schedule. 

DQ has done a great job in the first 3 years of his tenure and it is going to get better with a top 5 defense by next year. 

9 minutes ago, stingbee said:

The Falcons are in the playoffs and we are still getting threads like this- who gives a crap when you have a winning record with a tough schedule. 

Who gives a crap? People that know this is a game of inches and milliseconds, literally. Do you remember the 10 second runoff in the Lions game? Exactly, pipe that sh*t down.

That doesn’t go to say that I’m not glad Quinn is the HC. I love what he has done with the squad but until we win a SB, voices of concern with his game management decisions are perfectly reasonable. 

Flying Falcon likes this

15 minutes ago, stingbee said:

DQ has done a great job in the first 3 years of his tenure and it is going to get better with a top 5 defense by next year. 

It can bite in the playoffs. The difference between clock running out or a game winning FG with 3 seconds to go. 

Probably ought to research this a little bit better man. 

DQ is one of only a handful of active coaches who have had successful challenges more than 50% of the time. He’s good for 55% over his 3 years as a head coach. All while the mighty Bill Belichick is at 40% over his career on challenge success. 

http://thecomeback.com/nfl/which-nfl-head-coaches-best-worst-challengers.html

all that while getting screwed out of the challenge last week on Julio’s TD. 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

15 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

DQ is one of only a handful of active coaches who have had successful challenges more than 50% of the time. He’s good for 55% over his 3 years as a head coach. All while the mighty Bill Belichick is at 40% over his career on challenge success. 

Good stuff.  I would like to see Quinn improve on clock management and his use of TO's

44 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Very surprised on that. Guess looks can be deceiving.

52 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It’s not about percentage of challenges won, it’s timing of those challenges. There are few times Falcons ended up with no challenge or a time out.

Flying Falcon likes this

19 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dude some of these guys on here more than double your age and act like childish babies. Props to you 

A full blooming bromance is blossoming before our eyes and its a lovely thing to see moving away from 2017 into 2018! 

Let us know when the date is set!!

;)...btw, JK! 

Flying Falcon likes this

19 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I was going to say...this is half on Quinn for pulling the trigger and half on the guy in the booth telling him to do so.  That guy should be fired.

Ovie_Lover likes this

6 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

A full blooming bromance is blossoming before our eyes and its a lovely thing to see moving away from 2017 into 2018! 

Let us know when the date is set!!

;)...btw, JK! 

Do I sense jealousy?

roguebeaver likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just want him to improve on his weaknesses like he would expect from his players. His weaknesses are challenges and timeouts.

That's fair and I agree.