Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Keanu Neal

165 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Again, I'm not asking for him to become Ed Reed. I just said I want him to get the picks that fall into his lap. Why is it a crime to have that opinion?

Example. Receiver knocks the ball up into the air and it's right there for Neal to grab but he doesn't see it because he's so focused on trying to lay out the receiver even though he's got 3 steps to make an adjustment and try to get the pick.

3 steps is enough to decide to change your entire momentum from "kill the receiver" to "catch ball"? This is how I know you haven't played 

Stryka and Schwarzwald like this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I hear you.

Can he become Ed Reed tho?  I loooooove me some Ed Reed.  One of my alltime favorites.

2nd greatest safety I have ever saw in person

athell likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

3 steps is enough to decide to change your entire momentum from "kill the receiver" to "catch ball"? This is how I know you haven't played 

If his head is up and looking for the ball. But he puts his head down and launches himself. That's the issue. He's going to seriously hurt himself or someone else if he doesn't change the way he hits.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

To be fair, Neal may be coached and reach potential to read development of the pass and how he can choose to play ball instead of receiver in the future and not be so overcommitted which is what the OP seems to be getting at without explaining. Not all players can do both well enough. It's why Quinn can get results tho. Taking the best traits for roles and tries to groom them later.

Its true a better teacher may teach better if a former player or (insert profession) but some can be effective even if their student has done more than them on the field or gone further in profession than them. Conception and teaching isn't always being able to do it yourself; since it's different than morals and principles there vs principles in a technique/mind games of NFL or high level competitions in any sport.

its like saying you can't learn something from a child. Where is innocence anymore? :tiphat: if I think i know something I can't learn it.

Falconsfan567 likes this

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Interceptions can be dropped 

Sorry an interception can not be dropped, or it wouldn’t be an interception. Now an interception attempt, yeah that could be dropped. 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair, Neal may be coached and reach potential to read development of the pass and how he can choose to play ball instead of receiver in the future and not be so overcommitted which is what the OP seems to be getting at without explaining. Not all players can do both well enough. It's why Quinn can get results tho. Taking the best traits for roles and tries to groom them later.

Its true a better teacher may teach better but some can be effective even if their student has done more than them on the field.

its like saying you can't learn something from a child. Where is innocence anymore? :tiphat: if I think i know something I can't learn it.

You're one of my new favorite posters here. Amazing how you can understand what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I love Neal's aggressiveness for going for the big hit but it has cost him 3 or 4 interceptions this year. I really hope he learns to find the balance between going for the big hit and looking for the ball when it's deflected up into the air. That's one of the reasons for the Falcons lack of being able to force turnovers this year.

ARE U SERIOUS?

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

dropped interceptions is PD (Pass defended )

You can not drop a interception, you can fumble one but not drop one. Not catching the ball is just a PD like you said. You keep saying players can drop interceptions. When its impossible to do. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

dropped interceptions is PD (Pass defended )

A dropped would be INT vs straight up PD (not necessarily catchable or a drop by defender)

Which is essentially the same as a big hit denying a reception. Depends on the angle of attack to begin with in the D and when to risk going for ball initially vs attacking ball post receiver being a threat to catch it (opportunistic require slightly less ovetcomittal in certain situations)

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Then they won't be called interceptions. OP's point is to get interceptions not drop them. 

How do we know he wouldn't have just dropped all of those attempts tho?? 

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Its true a better teacher may teach better if a former player or (insert profession) but some can be effective even if their student has done more than them on the field or gone further in profession than them. Conception and teaching isn't always being able to do it yourself; since it's different than morals and principles there vs principles in a technique/mind games of NFL or high level competitions in any sport.

It's not his strength. Do you know how many picks he had in college?

Neal is the ENFORCER. Quinn knows Neal's strength and tells him to play to it. Neal will never be an INT kind of guy so all of this is pointless. Good Lord you guys are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

You can not drop a interception, you can fumble one but not drop one. Not catching the ball is just a PD like you said. You keep saying players can drop interceptions. When its impossible to do. 

That's like saying you can't drop a pass or water isn't wet.

Flying Falcon likes this

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Then they won't be called interceptions. OP's point is to get interceptions not drop them. 

Guess you can't drop passes either. The receiver just deflected it.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Guess you can't drop passes either. The receiver just deflected it.

Dropped Pass is a stat, dropped interception is not. It’s called pass defensed, learn some football bro. 

You guys are hilarious. Neal has plenty of opportunities to get a big hit and they all don't have to come right after a receiver catches a ball. You think a supposed top safety in this league can't add ball hawking to his repertoire? lol

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

A dropped would be INT vs straight up PD (not necessarily catchable or a drop by defender)

Which is essentially the same as a big hit denying a reception. Depends on the angle of attack to begin with in the D and when to risk going for ball initially vs attacking ball post receiver being a threat to catch it (opportunistic require slightly less ovetcomittal in certain situations)

Ofcourse there is nothing called dropped interception. It’s pass defensed. Op wants interceptions not PD. 

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Dropped Pass is a stat, dropped interception is not. It’s called pass defensed, learn some football bro. 

I hope Julio doesn't deflect a touchdown today, duuuurrrrr 

You can't drop INT's u jSt SmaK eM aWaY

6 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

When did I say?