Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Keanu Neal

165 posts in this topic

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

You've never played have you?

Nope. Clearly I need to delete this thread because I'm a total ****tard for thinking that it's a bad thing to ask for Neal to try to find a balance and pick his spots instead of always going for the big hit and missing a chance at an easy interception.

Thanks for all the insightful posts. I'll just show myself out now. Thanks for showing me just how much I don't know. You've all been entirely helpful.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Forcing fumbles is ballhawking - so far hes been the best defensive back in NFL history though his first two years at doing that.

I disagree with FF being ballhawking. That's about int's cause it's about the ball being in the air. I would love if Neal went for an int sometime. Nothing wrong with wanting that. 

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. Clearly I need to delete this thread because I'm a total ****tard for thinking that it's a bad thing to ask for Neal to try to find a balance and pick his spots instead of always going for the big hit and missing a chance at an easy interception.

Thanks for all the insightful posts. I'll just show myself out now. Thanks for showing me just how much I don't know. You've all been entirely helpful.

If you're looking for picks you're gonna miss chances at big hits/forced fumbles 

If you look for hits and forced fumbles you'll miss chances at picks

If he goes for both he will probably miss more chances than he actually hits 

Players can play when they keep it simple and DONT TRY TO DO TOO MUCH. Quinn is all about playing to their STRENGTHS not trying to do everything.

RedandBlack4ever likes this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Again.  It's not his game.  Players have strengths, players have weaknesses.  If you are expecting Keanu Neal to be some ball hawking SS averaging 6-8 interceptions a year, you are going to be sorely disappointed.  He had 4 career picks in college.  It's not his game.  His game, and the sole purpose he was drafted, was to be the general in the secondary and knock people out ie Kam.

Just because you don't like a thing doesn't make it a thing.

Players have to improve on their weaknesses. That's how you grow as a player. That's how you grow as a person. Work on your weaknesses 

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

A turnover is a turnover...whether its a pick or a forced fumble and recovery..I can guarantee the ones that have picks dont have the forced fumbles...all he's doing is swapping fumbles for int's...both are turnovers

Definitely, but forcing fumbles still gives the offense an opportunity to jump on it. An INT secures it for ur team. 

Jerz #Quinning and youngbloodz like this

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

A turnover is a turnover...whether its a pick or a forced fumble and recovery..I can guarantee the ones that have picks dont have the forced fumbles...all he's doing is swapping fumbles for int's...both are turnovers

I can guarantee you all ints results in turnovers but not all FF results in turnovers. 

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Definitely, but forcing fumbles still gives the offense an opportunity to jump on it. An INT secures it for ur team. 

Unless he drops it or fumbles it

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Thats true...but i would need to see how many of those forced fumbles were actually recovered by us...

3 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thats true...but i would need to see how many of those forced fumbles were actually recovered by us...

Pretty sure we have recovered all 3 he has forced this year. So people are bitching about nothing. Why doesn't Allen have to get picks? Alford? Campbell? Etc.

athell likes this

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Well it’s no longer an INT if u drop it, it’s just a deflection. 

Duh, what I'm saying is y'all act like he has glue for hands and won't drop the picks.

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I can guarantee you all ints results in turnovers but not all FF results in turnovers. 

Thats correct...but he is causing turnovers right???.....if he wasnt i can understand your argument...but he is..

The game stat sheet says turnovers...i dont care how their got...as long as i dont see a 0

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Players have to improve on their weaknesses. That's how you grow as a player. That's how you grow as a person. Work on your weaknesses 

While I agree...that is not his game and not why he was drafted into this style of defense.  That would be like asking Matt Ryan to become a running quarterback or asking Vic Beasley to be a drop coverage LB...

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Doesn't matter. He needs to change then. Turnovers are more important than big hits. Especially when they fall into your lap and you miss it because you're not looking for the ball.

I'd have him as a tone setter as his go to sending the message with his contact that in itself will create TOers naturally.

Neal gets a few on strip sacks personally I don't see Neal as being a INT guy.

I'm not changing to much about Neal if im honest.

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

How bout fkg both. End story.  Neal & Jones are flat awesome.  

Both would be nice but its not his game...he's doing what they got him for...because he doesn't do it doesn't make it a weakness...

HASHBROWN3 likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

While I agree...that is not his game and not why he was drafted into this style of defense.  That would be like asking Matt Ryan to become a running quarterback or asking Vic Beasley to be a drop coverage LB...

You do have a point. Seems like we are trying to make Beasley into a coverage LB lol

Ovie_Lover and athell like this

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Both would be nice but its not his game...he's doing what they got him for...because he doesn't do it doesn't make it a weakness...

He’ll get a few convenient ones but I’ll take the fumbles and hits and WR gator arms all day long too!

RedandBlack4ever likes this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

You do have a point. Seems like we are trying to make Beasley into a coverage LB lol

Lol right?  Can they do it?  Maybe?  Not his strength though ya know?  Gotta play to your players strengths and the scheme.

youngbloodz likes this

19 minutes ago, athell said:

Not disagreeing, but to KOG's point...that's not his game.  He isn't a ball hawk.

True he’s not a ball hawk but when the opportunity is there, a good football player goes for the turnover and not the big hit. No matter what type of gender you are you need to have some type of ball skills

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

True he’s not a ball hawk but when the opportunity is there, a good football player goes for the turnover and not the big hit. No matter what type of gender you are you need to have some type of ball skills

I see what you did there!

ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thats correct...but he is causing turnovers right???.....if he wasnt i can understand your argument...but he is..

The game stat sheet says turnovers...i dont care how their got...as long as i dont see a 0

How can you cause a turnover on FF if the offense recovers them? Like the philly game last year i believe he had two FF but the offense recovered both of them. But anyway his game is that of a Kam. He might get a pick or two a year