Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Keanu Neal

165 posts in this topic

I love Neal's aggressiveness for going for the big hit but it has cost him 3 or 4 interceptions this year. I really hope he learns to find the balance between going for the big hit and looking for the ball when it's deflected up into the air. That's one of the reasons for the Falcons lack of being able to force turnovers this year.

youngbloodz and apl2g like this

1 minute ago, athell said:

Yup.  He has been groomed as Kam 2.0.  Kam has 12 picks in 8 seasons.  Keanu is there to deliver the goods and knock people back into last year, which he is quite good at.

How is that better than getting a turnover?

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Doesn't matter. He needs to change then. Turnovers are more important than big hits. Especially when they fall into your lap and you miss it because you're not looking for the ball.

...or when you concuss a teammate knocking him out of your next very important game.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Who said it wasn't?

Well you and KOG are acting like he can't do both. Like it's an either or thing. I don't want him to stop dishing out big hits. I just want him to find a balance between dishing out the big hit or going for a pick.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well you and KOG are acting like he can't do both. Like it's an either or thing. I don't want him to stop dishing out big hits. I just want him to find a balance between dishing out the big hit or going for a pick.

Because if he starts looking for picks he will hesitate on the big hits and they won't happen or they'll be sloppy.

Birdy Dird, athell and NeonDeion like this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Why can't he change to find a balance?

Again.  It's not his game.  Players have strengths, players have weaknesses.  If you are expecting Keanu Neal to be some ball hawking SS averaging 6-8 interceptions a year, you are going to be sorely disappointed.  He had 4 career picks in college.  It's not his game.  His game, and the sole purpose he was drafted, was to be the general in the secondary and knock people out ie Kam.

Just because you don't like a thing doesn't make it a thing.

Stryka, Ovie_Lover and falconsd56 like this

7 minutes ago, athell said:

Yup.  He has been groomed as Kam 2.0.  Kam has 12 picks in 8 seasons.  Keanu is there to deliver the goods and knock people back into last year, which he is quite good at.

Kam still makes plays in the air though, Keanu has 0 INTs in two seasons. I love Keanu but I want to see him get some picks. Big hits don’t get you into the Hall of Fame, and I want to see Keanu there some day.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Because if he starts looking for picks he will hesitate on the big hits and they won't happen or they'll be sloppy.

So he can't do both? It has to be an either or thing?

Just now, athell said:

Again.  It's not his game.  Players have strengths, players have weaknesses.  If you are expecting Keanu Neal to be some ball hawking SS averaging 6-8 interceptions a year, you are going to be sorely disappointed.  He had 4 career picks in college.  It's not his game.  His game, and the sole purpose he was drafted, was to be the general in the secondary and knock people out ie Kam.

Just because you don't like a thing doesn't make it a thing.

Where did I say 6-8 interceptions a year or being a ball hawk? I said 3-4. Pretty big difference there.

Just now, FentayeJones said:

Forcing fumbles is ballhawking - so far hes been the best defensive back in NFL history though his first two years at doing that.

Ballhawking traditionally means interceptions which is what I was referring to and the whole premise of the thread.  Keanu has a nose for the football with forced fumbles absolutely.