I am not an expert on all that goes into getting a team to play well and not shooting themselves in the foot. My question is about The mistakes the Falcons are making dropped passes, stupid penalties, and sloppy play. Can these mistakes be fixed in a week or two? or is this something that would take an entire off season to fix? 

I remember, right after LI, many people on this site were vehemently predicting that the Falcons were going 19-0 this year. 2016 was Matt Ryan's watershed year and his 38 TDs, 7 INTs, and 4900 yards would now be his worst year moving forward. Anyone that dared to disagree, was branded a troll and called all kinds of nasty names.

No throwing anyone under the bus. No finger pointing. No deflecting blame. No whining. No crying. No excuses. No rioting for rule changes. No claims of nefarious weather machines that can alter the weather all along the eastern seaboard. After all, we're not Trippin' Tomlin or the Steelers, are we? 

Just common sense from someone who's been through this a few times before...

it'll take an offseason because some of the mistakes were FA signings and those cannot be fixed until the offseason. 

Roberts is not a good return guy. Coleman is not a good enough FB.

As for the lack of execution, 16 games is a large enough sample size - 2016 isn't magically arriving in the 2017 playoffs. 

The good news is the rest of the NFC is just as flawed. I don't think ATL can win 3 consecutive road games in the playoffs. But i do think they could win one, maybe two. 

Wouldn’t shock me if atlanta got beat by 21 tomorrow. 

With that being said it wouldn’t shock me if somehow Everything in Atlanta just started to click tomorrow and we went on for a deep playoff run. 

This is a weird and very very unpredictable year like I can’t ever remember before. 

Going to be interesting tomorrow at 3:25

36 minutes ago, Atownbrave said:

What a shame... Smh. DanQ is responsible for this.

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

This team is going to be playing not to get hurt tomorrow. Take the off-season to get healthy and fix mistakes. They had their shot last year. Hopefully another comes around in 2018.

The Falcons are going to try and whoop the Panthers behinds!

Who would the NFL prefer to be in the playoffs - us or the Seahawks?

Atlanta - prior year NFC champ, Jones (in lots of commercials) and Ryan, big SE market, home of next year's Superbowl, Blank (one of Goodell's likeables)

Seattle - a few years from its best days, Russell Wilson, big NW market, bad boys (lots of penalties, fines, etc.), would mean 6th card spot is a 9-7 team

I am hoping the refs have been told to make sure Atlanta wins today but we shall see. 

8 hours ago, osiruz said:

They aren't correctable. We are 15 games in and had an entire off season. Drops ands erroneous routes are intangible issues. Hooper is just not a good player, and shweitzer is a career backup. Also the penalties and fumbles are due to piss poor coaching.

Drops are literally tangible. Do you even know what "intangible" means?

10 hours ago, etherdome said:

Stupid blocking penalties; Poor tackling; Poor catching from receivers; Botched secondary assignments (late in the season); Poor run blocking by both OG's; Unforced overthrows by Ryan

Did I miss anything?

Coach not getting into the refs face every time Julio gets tacked before he can have a chance to catch the ball. Coach having brain farts when to use a timeout or make sure the team is ready. OC not using the RBs in the passing game. Special teams has a, been less than special. RBs fumble more than the score TDs now. I may have missed a few.

Clearly it's going to take a first round loss or missing the playoffs completely for them to realize and correct all the wrongs from this season. People ignorantly blame the offensive coordinator yet it's the players that have failed to execute. Take a long hard look at the offense for starters and go from there