Percentages that Steve Sarkisian will still be the OC next year?

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Falcons have the 9th ranked offense. 9th in passing, 10th in rushing. Sark isn’t going anywhere 

It's taken me 15 games to appreciate this.  Those are good numbers for a first time NFL OC.  I hope he is back and stays for a good while to bring consistency to the offense, tired of seeing Matt watch the revolving door we've had for OC's.  In the long run that will help not only Matt but the entire offense.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Owners will have a tough time landing OCs in the future if their firing guys in one year. We'd have to be putting absolutely dreadful year for him to get fired. Even if we lose sundays, we're decent on 3rd down, we have good yardage numbers but we have a ton of turnovers as a result of drops. And a lot of those drops occur because Matt's timing has been off this year - which could be a symptom of Ryan losing Lafluer as well as Shanahan - and Lafleur is absolutely killing it in LA his first year (and he knew our system, whoops).

Even if Sark turns out to be our worst OC since Mularkey (which isn't out of the realm of possiblity), he's gonna get a full two years. It's pretty clear Blank is one of the more patient owners years if you look at Sam Baker/Mularkey/Edwards/PeriaJerry and Mike Smith.

Would had loved to kept Lafluer as OC.  There had to be something we know nothing about that prevented this from happening.

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Falcons have the 9th ranked offense. 9th in passing, 10th in rushing. Sark isn’t going anywhere 

15th in scoring.

I mean, is that what we were hoping for this year?  15th in scoring, 9th in yards?

Nah.

This offense has been a disappointment.  It's certainly not all his fault, but it's not been great.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

We’ve gone 5-2 last 7 games...just saying.

Right.  But we are still scoring 13 less ppg than last year and our explosive plays have gone way down and it’s because we can’t execute our offense to the fullest.  Granted last years was a historically great offense, but we have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Alex Mack and Devonta Freeman all in their prime.  28 ppg should our average during this window.

9 hours ago, jj00100 said:

I hope he is gone, what chances do you guys give this unimaginative, has no business being the OC in the NFL, guy?

I hope he is still here. The point totals are down because this team makes way too many mistakes. What I hope is gone is the lack of focus on the offensive players. Sarkisian is not the one dropping passes, making poor throws, or fumbling. If Shanahan were still here and the players were not executing then we'd still be no better off. Player mistakes are the problems. 

100%. 

DQ didn't fire Kyle for 2015, Sark isn't going anywhere for this year. 

44 minutes ago, Peyton said:

15th in scoring.

I mean, is that what we were hoping for this year?  15th in scoring, 9th in yards?

Nah.

This offense has been a disappointment.  It's certainly not all his fault, but it's not been great.

#5 in points per drive. Fewest drives in the league. Most drops in the league. Sark can't control the second two, but has a factor in the first one. Teams are playing keep away, increasing the need to score on each drive, and the self inflicted mistakes are aiding it.

58 minutes ago, nomak said:

It's taken me 15 games to appreciate this.  Those are good numbers for a first time NFL OC.  I hope he is back and stays for a good while to bring consistency to the offense, tired of seeing Matt watch the revolving door we've had for OC's.  In the long run that will help not only Matt but the entire offense.  

Good post. It’s taken many of us a while to appreciate it, because we are coming off a season of the greatest show on turf territory. It’s understandable that expectations would be unrealistically high by most fans

50 minutes ago, Peyton said:

15th in scoring.

Nah.

For an OC in first ever season in the NFL, that’s not too bad. Most of the stuff that I see is fundamental stuff that can be corrected. It’s more the players than Sark IMO

5 minutes ago, vel said:

100%. 

DQ didn't fire Kyle for 2015, Sark isn't going anywhere for this year. 

#5 in points per drive. Fewest drives in the league. Most drops in the league. Sark can't control the second two, but has a factor in the first one. Teams are playing keep away, increasing the need to score on each drive, and the self inflicted mistakes are aiding it.

The Falcons are now 8th in points per drive, but I hear ya.

He’s Quinn’s friend and despite there being a huge difference between “9th in 2017” vs “one of the best offenses in the entire history of the NFL”, 9th is still top 10.

The prevailing thought will be you can’t compare this year to last because circumstances differ year to year.. so “top 10” offense will be repeated over and over when evaluating him.

98% chance he’s back.

Edited by TheUsualStuff