Garrapolo: Steal or Superbowl Stolen?

(Disclaimer: this is just for fun, given the recent discussions about rigging. I don't really think this is what is happening, but fun to think about. Don't take it too seriously, or I'll ask this thread get moved)

So I was listening today on local sports radio how they were saying that the 49ers got an absolute steal for Garrapolo, a second rounder when a lot of teams almost assuredly would have given them a first for a talented, somewhat experienced and proven QB like him. A good QB is so essential to today's NFL that it's worth trading a high pick for these struggling franchises, just on the gamble that they could find a franchise guy (really no more of a gamble than the draft for a talented guy who's been learning from Brady, like Rodgers did behind Favre).  Franchise QBs are like unicorns, and it looks like the Niners got one, at least so far...

Then they started saying, "well, you know backroom deals happen with these millionaires, let's not kid ourselves, but I have no idea the connection of Kyle Shanahan with Belichick".

So I started thinking, well, Kyle Shanahan was of course the one who continued to pass the ball when running it would have probably iced the game, and now he has his franchise guy for the team he knew he was going to lead before the Superbowl ever happened, without a QB in place.

You wanna talk conspiracies, I just broke out the tin foil hat....  But if this conspiracy goes deeper than that, I'm wondering what exactly our compensation is :huh:

10 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I think Jimmy G is gonna be a good QB, but 9ers fans need to chill on calling him the next great. He’s won 4 games. 

something that's come to mind for me recently. Remember how much trouble ryan had 'getting' shanahans offense? how come garopolo picked it up so quick.....

although, there is that blistering start we got off to their first year that came crashing down to think of.....

Thats funny when I saw the Niners drill the Jaguars I kinda thought hmmmmm, did Shanny already going to San Fran say I'll call off the dogs if you trade me Garapolo. Couldn't do it at he beginning of the season would have been to obvious, but **** thought they could have got more for him. Jets,Giants,Browns Browns were trying to get McCaron for a 2nd. But Belichic and the Patriots would never do something that unethical LOL it is Boston after all. LOL. 

1 hour ago, B3TD said:

(Disclaimer: this is just for fun, given the recent discussions about rigging. I don't really think this is what is happening, but fun to think about. Don't take it too seriously, or I'll ask this thread get moved)

So I was listening today on local sports radio how they were saying that the 49ers got an absolute steal for Garrapolo, a second rounder when a lot of teams almost assuredly would have given them a first for a talented, somewhat experienced and proven QB like him. A good QB is so essential to today's NFL that it's worth trading a high pick for these struggling franchises, just on the gamble that they could find a franchise guy (really no more of a gamble than the draft for a talented guy who's been learning from Brady, like Rodgers did behind Favre).  Franchise QBs are like unicorns, and it looks like the Niners got one, at least so far...

Then they started saying, "well, you know backroom deals happen with these millionaires, let's not kid ourselves, but I have no idea the connection of Kyle Shanahan with Belichick".

So I started thinking, well, Kyle Shanahan was of course the one who continued to pass the ball when running it would have probably iced the game, and now he has his franchise guy for the team he knew he was going to lead before the Superbowl ever happened, without a QB in place.

You wanna talk conspiracies, I just broke out the tin foil hat....  But if this conspiracy goes deeper than that, I'm wondering what exactly our compensation is :huh:

He l l there we be no compensation, if true and it's highly unlikely I'd say like along the odds of coming back down 28-3 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl. LOL. The NFL would keep it under wraps and locked down for fear of losing complete integrity of the game. If true and known gambling loses its lure because it's fixed, they would lose massive viewership and who knows might even void TV contracts. Attendance is down already a scandal like this would cripple the league for years. But it would be a helluva story, LOL Shanny would be banned,Patriots shamed, not that they give a chit, the monies have already been made. Interesting LOL thought really did cross my mind but its so far fetched,however Shanny Jr. might be a sneaky little chit like his Father who weaseled Reeves out of Denver so really never know. After all who would have thought a multi millionaire QB,prime of his career would risk it all like #7 did. LOL a scandal this size in the highly unlkely event is true, could topple Goodell

There was a lot of unnecessary hype on JG, but he was a better than normal back-up no doubt.  It is too early to see if he is a steal or not, we need to see more out of him.  Definitely off to a great start that is for certain.

BB couldn't trade him in the off-season when his market value was high.  Why?  Because not even BB knew how good Brady was going to do at the tender age of 40.  They had to keep him for cheap as a great insurance policy should Brady decline or get hurt. I supported this 100%.  

They didn't want to wait until the end of the season because they would have either had to franchise him or release him.  They were not going to franchise him, and he probably wouldn't have been a 1st round trade anymore now that 2 years has gone by and there are 6 quarters of him on film.

Half way through the season, Brady is looking healthy and as good as ever, so they got what they could get for him.  BB probably had his own reasons as to why he went to the 49ers.  There were many other teams that would have paid more for him, but BB is a chess player, every move is made for a well thought out reason.  Brady probably does have another year or two in him (hopefully 2) and that is more than enough time for the Patriots to draft and condition Brady's successor.  That's my hunch

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Are you serious? Qb rating near 100. More importantly, SF is 4-0 with him as starting QB over past month. 

Yes, he’s a steal.

The last two wins over the Titans and Jaguars were actually pretty impressive.  44 points on the number 3 defense (points wise) in the league?  Yep, not bad at all.  And that is when the Jaguars are fighting for a spot in the playoffs.  We'll see what he can do against the Rams this week

8 hours ago, B3TD said:

Matt Ryan, Matt Ryan, Matt Ryan,,,,,,,Ok Modies  this just became Falcon related READ IT

:lol:

Too damm funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT!.............

You ask whuut so funny?  This topic is hinging on San Fran and the Same San Fran that Bill Walsh Coached.

MATT RYAN

According to the Book of Walsh, you do not know what you have in a QB until he as played 2 seasons. Being said, the two seasons is when the enitre league is compiling Stats, Traits and Tendancies and year 3 is the back breaker for a lot of QB's  Colin the Kneeler is in that same bag of trash, and give Jim Hairball the props for knowing the Walsh Rule and using it against the league.  Bu there is a price to pay for that bafoonery,,,,,,,,,,,his job.

So yeah Garp O is an Unknown quantity  and if Shanny drafts a QB this year then that will be directly related to the 2 season rule. 2019 season.

Matt Ryan is one of the Great QB's in regard to the Walsh rule but when you compare Ryan to Brady, Brady is the Ice Man and Ryan is as Sean Payton would say,  a choker.

But Yeah,, SF has become a relevant topic and IMO they are still our rival and can go toss.

3 hours ago, dozenoysters said:

There was a lot of unnecessary hype on JG, but he was a better than normal back-up no doubt.  It is too early to see if he is a steal or not, we need to see more out of him.  Definitely off to a great start that is for certain.

BB couldn't trade him in the off-season when his market value was high.  Why?  Because not even BB knew how good Brady was going to do at the tender age of 40.  They had to keep him for cheap as a great insurance policy should Brady decline or get hurt. I supported this 100%.  

They didn't want to wait until the end of the season because they would have either had to franchise him or release him.  They were not going to franchise him, and he probably wouldn't have been a 1st round trade anymore now that 2 years has gone by and there are 6 quarters of him on film.

Half way through the season, Brady is looking healthy and as good as ever, so they got what they could get for him.  BB probably had his own reasons as to why he went to the 49ers.  There were many other teams that would have paid more for him, but BB is a chess player, every move is made for a well thought out reason.  Brady probably does have another year or two in him (hopefully 2) and that is more than enough time for the Patriots to draft and condition Brady's successor.  That's my hunch

Good post, I agree this is more likely what happened. Plus the NFC is a lot more set QB-wise, so the best offers might have dealt him inside the AFC, something he surely didn't want to do.

I thought it was funny though when they asked what the connection was between Shanahan and Belichick though, I was like umm...