Some interesting tweets from fans (not just ours) during the game.

I'm trying to get over this and I'm almost there, but these tweets did help. Most of there weren't even from Falcon fans. Hopefully they will help some of my 'still hurting' brothers and sisters out there.

Top 25 Morelli tweets during the game

Just a few quotes for fun. I suck at embedding:

No dog in this fight, but I can honestly say the officiating against the Falcons in this game is the worst I’ve ever seen. Absolutely atrocious. Pete Morelli needs to be banned from the league, effective immediately.

Pete Morelli is the worst human being alive

Oh...My...Goooddddd!!! Could Pete Morelli be any more obviously on the take?!?!

Shame on the NFL for letting Pete Morelli hijack this game

Pete Morelli.... I hope the beignets were worth it

Pete Morelli a Saints fan or something???? This is asinine

AF good luck winning this game, Pete Morelli’s crew is officiating. They hate Philly and apparently ATL.

Pete Morelli’s crew allowing blatant pass interference for the home team...two on one drive. He needs to be investigated

How's that a personal foul? He is trying to hold the player up. This is shambolic. Utter shambolic. If Pete Morelli is employed tomorrow, I am done with the NFL.

Have we witnessed Pete Morelli's last game in stripes? My word.

Poor Falcons

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, PETE MORELLI WIN MVP OF THE GAME!!!!!!!

MVP

Game MVP: Pete Morelli

Never has a game been so one-sided by a referee. He only called three penalties on the Saints and allowed their defense to interfere with Jones all day. This isn’t the only reason why the Falcons lost, but he played a huge part in stopping any momentum Atlanta tried to build.

I actually called in to 92.9 today as they seemed to be playing radio and running with the narrative of the Saints got hosed in the TNF game.  I’m still waiting for the multitude of bad calls from that one. 

The game on Sunday was ridiculous and people I know with no dog in the fight were saying how tough it was to watch.  Don’t really remember anyone outside of Saints fans claiming they got hosed on Thursday night.

To restore some sort of credibility the NFL needs to hold refs accountable for this level of ineptitude, but the NFL referees assiciation (union) will not allow it.

After the Eagles debacle and resulting 70k  signature petition, the tefs union released a statement saying any claims of bias are completely baseless and irresponsible.

Now they do rank officials and poor performance can cause a crew to be demoted to meaningless games and missing the post season, but that isn’t enough. This crew needs to be suspended without pay. I’ve got 45 years of watching football that I can clearly remember and I have never seen a game officiated that poorly at any level. It was at the very least incompetent and easy to claim biased...and I only use those words because I don’t believe in games being outright “fixed”. 

We played terrible, but that doesn’t mean the officiating can’t be called out as being ridiculously poor.

30 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

To restore some sort of credibility the NFL needs to hold refs accountable for this level of ineptitude, but the NFL referees assiciation (union) will not allow it.

After the Eagles debacle and resulting 70k  signature petition, the tefs union released a statement saying any claims of bias are completely baseless and irresponsible.

Now they do rank officials and poor performance can cause a crew to be demoted to meaningless games and missing the post season, but that isn’t enough. This crew needs to be suspended without pay. I’ve got 45 years of watching football that I can clearly remember and I have never seen a game officiated that poorly at any level. It was at the very least incompetent and easy to claim biased...and I only use those words because I don’t believe in games being outright “fixed”. 

We played terrible, but that doesn’t mean the officiating can’t be called out as being ridiculously poor.

I hate people that get paid more than six figures to be completely **** at their job. How is Pete Morelli still calling games after this game and that Carolina v Philly game earlier? Dude is a joke.

Yeah this game and that Philly game really forced me to take a step back and evaluate the reffing and bias. I am a diehard fan but this game took a lot of my enthusiasm for watching away. I honestly don’t know how Morelli still has a job after this game. If it is allowed I can’t put as much effort into watching it at all. I’m starting to think since we are Cleveland NFC south the nfl thinks it’s ok to **** on us and maybe it’s why highlights and historic comebacks are always against us. Makes you wonder, did a ref intentionally not call holding or penalize us because we are Atlanta and no one gives a **** about us?

Edited by droopy1592
2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

but how much of our poor play was because of bad officiating?  Anytime we had some momentum, a ridiculous foul was called to kill it.

Its been atrocious the whole season but yea Sunday might be the icing on the cake. Not just the Falcons, but watching missed calls and phantom calls even if its just human error, ruins the flow of the game, making it less enjoyable to watch. No consistency watch one game and there is flag with the talking heads going you cant do that they will call it every time,then either later that game or another same thIng happens and its ignored.

**** didn't they get paid to be full time this year? seriously don't know why they can't have more than one guy not just in New York but a couple NFL refs in a booth with electronic signals say theres a penalty or pick up that flag instantaneously. LOL have just a red light flash as they are watching Holding on the OL being texted to the field refs and the scoreboard, lol eliminate the ref huddle and them declaring penalties and rules explanation just texted it to scoreboard and go on.  

Still shouldn’t drop passes.

Still shouldn’t stand around watching a buttball interception.

Still shouldn’t commit holding when the play is already by you.

Still shouldn’t run full speed directly into the backside of one of your O-linemen and then fumble it as if you didn’t even realize you were about to hit anything.

Still shouldn’t get denied and turn the ball over on downs at the 1 yard line.

Still shouldn’t drop a wide open crossing pass where you could still be running had you caught it.

Still shouldn’t have the opponent WR blow by your #1 corner to allow a long TD with only seconds left before half-time.

I have been as pizzed at the officiating as anyone, but even that doesn’t excuse our egg-laying performance. The officiating was incompetent at an astounding level, but we still could have and should have won that game... if not for our poor play.

Blame the officiating for what they did, but blame the loss on what I listed above.

Edited by TheUsualStuff
spellering
31 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Yeah this game and that Philly game really forced me to take a step back and evaluate the reffing and bias. I am a diehard fan but this game took a lot of my enthusiasm for watching away. I honestly don’t know how Morelli still has a job after this game. If it is allowed I can’t put as much effort into watching it at all. I’m starting to think since we are Cleveland NFC south the nfl thinks it’s ok to **** on us and maybe it’s why highlights and historic comebacks are always against us. Makes you wonder, did a ref intentionally not call holding or penalize us because we are Atlanta and no one gives a **** about us?

I’m with you brother. It makes me think that I’m stupid to be watching these games and that we really have a chance to compete.

12 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Still shouldn’t drop passes.

Still shouldn’t stand around watching a buttball interception.

Still shouldn’t commit holding when the play is already by you.

Still shouldn’t run full speed directly into the backside of one of your O-linemen and then fumble it as if you didn’t even realize you were about to hit anything.

Still shouldn’t get denied and turn the ball over on downs at the 1 yard line.

Still shouldn’t drop a wide open crossing pass where you could still be running had you caught it.

Still shouldn’t have the opponent WR blow by your #1 corner to allow a long TD with only seconds left before half-time.

I have been as pizzed at the officiating as anyone, but even that doesn’t excuse our egg-laying performance. The officiating was incompetent at an astounding level, but we still could have and should have won that game... if not for our poor play.

Blame the officiating for what they did, but blame the loss on what I listed above.

I’m of the belief that those calls interrupt the flow and timing of the game.

im not giving them an excuse, but it all has to come into play. They have been underperforming this year. That’s a known.

7 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

im not giving them an excuse, but it all has to come into play. They have been underperforming this year. That’s a known.

It does interrupt the flow big time..

LOL might take some radical changes but screw it,LOL been made to listen to Chris Collinsworth every Sunday night. So off the top of my head, instead of penalties being called every play, they are accumulated and reviewed to see if they are legit or something was missed. Upon a forth down or touchdown accumulated penalties are accessed. ie Freeman bust one for 60 yard TD but there are two holding calls during the series but one off side so net loss of 10 yards spot ball at the 10 first and 10 Falcons LOL. conversely team backed up inside their 10 could go no where get 15 yards in penalties resulting in a safety or spotted at the 1 and it's 4th down. . LOL. Radical I know but its got to better than this crap. LOL  announcers Julio catches the touch down pass Falcons have no accumulated penalties this TD will count LOL. Certainly on most drives a crew could focus on separate areas of play could review those plays get the calls correct and accessed in timely manner technology is there LOL. I can face time while flying to Chicago at 29,000 feet instantaneously they ought to be able to do that. 

Which brings up down and distance,really cant have lasers measuring it we use index cards LOL. Sensors on the field and the ball detect when its been caught and breaks the plane etc etc.   

Ahhh in fantasy land if only there was only an insider NFL whistle blower who could step up to expose the alleged ratings and game rigging scandal 

perhaps we would see

”Confessions of an NFL Referee” A best selling book by Pete Morelli — one of several former NFL referees now serving time in Lewisburgh Federal Detention Center after being convicted of throwing games in the NFL for cash

1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

Sure it does come into play, but what else is known is everything I said was accurate and it is not something isolated to this one poorly officiated game.. this same stuff has been going on all season with this team. 

That too is known.

I also hate when people say you’ve should’ve won despite poor officiating. No, you shouldn’t. NFL teams are too close in talent. You just cannot win a game like this. All your momentum is gone. You don’t think penalties and crappy 1 and 40s CAUSED the Falcons to play poorly??? It’s not in a vacuum where you can somehow get into a magical offense rhythm despite a penalty every other play 

5 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

I had this exact thought word for word. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I also hate when people say you’ve should’ve won despite poor officiating. No, you shouldn’t. NFL teams are too close in talent. You just cannot win a game like this. All your momentum is gone. You don’t think penalties and crappy 1 and 40s CAUSED the Falcons to play poorly??? It’s not in a vacuum where you can somehow get into a magical offense rhythm despite a penalty every other play 

Agreed. The more and more I think about it, we would have had to have the game of our lives to beat a 10-4 division rival on the road with the way this game was being officiated. 

8 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Yep they are getting full time pay now, the officiating ought to be more concise and uniform. LOL if officiating didn't make difference there would be no talk of "make up calls" during a game or even worse in another game later between the same 2 teams. 

Bottom line it makes any NFL game much less enjoyable to watch, makes it feel manipulated. 

11 hours ago, putnam6 said:

It does interrupt the flow big time..

LOL might take some radical changes but screw it,LOL been made to listen to Chris Collinsworth every Sunday night. So off the top of my head, instead of penalties being called every play, they are accumulated and reviewed to see if they are legit or something was missed. Upon a forth down or touchdown accumulated penalties are accessed. ie Freeman bust one for 60 yard TD but there are two holding calls during the series but one off side so net loss of 10 yards spot ball at the 10 first and 10 Falcons LOL. conversely team backed up inside their 10 could go no where get 15 yards in penalties resulting in a safety or spotted at the 1 and it's 4th down. . LOL. Radical I know but its got to better than this crap. LOL  announcers Julio catches the touch down pass Falcons have no accumulated penalties this TD will count LOL. Certainly on most drives a crew could focus on separate areas of play could review those plays get the calls correct and accessed in timely manner technology is there LOL. I can face time while flying to Chicago at 29,000 feet instantaneously they ought to be able to do that. 

Which brings up down and distance,really cant have lasers measuring it we use index cards LOL. Sensors on the field and the ball detect when its been caught and breaks the plane etc etc.   

I'm a big tennis fan and played on my college team. If they can now tell if a 140 mph serve is in the court up to 1 mm, then I would think that we should be able to implement the same system in the NFL. They don't use sensors in the tennis balls or on the court. It's all done with special monitors and processing software. Even local courts can get this technology now days. The NFL in archaic by comparison.