https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/ContentGallery/Atlanta-Falcons-fans-still-mad-at-Pete-Morelli-for-Saints-game-112748740

Shafted by Morelli for sure.  Buffalo lost a Benjamin Touchdown then got a spot reversed favoring New England. 

NFL Officiating is also ruining the game and tarnishing the NFL Brand right along with the Anthym Protests.

Not happy with the state of the league or my favorite team right now. 

Does no good to Rise Up only to be Slapped Down by the Zebras!

To add insult to injury......this is NOT the first time he fixed a game for the Saints!  Go back to the 2010 Championship Game between Green Bay and New Orleans where they Bounteyed and teed off on Brett Favre without penalty!

This is the same guy that Eagles Fans petitioned against officiating their games:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/more-than-60000-sign-petition-to-ban-pete-morelli-from-officiating-eagles-games/

He is a dirty ref if not an incompetant one and should never be allowed to officiate another NFL Game!

Edited by lostnmexico
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t believe in conspiracies. But this game in particular, for the first time ever, made me feel that something was up. Both of Freeman’s personal fouls were HORRIBLE calls. Any time the falcons sniffed momentum, it was immediately killed by a penalty. The final straw for me was Derrick Colemans “late hit.” I just laughed at that point. Also, Julio’s no call was pretty bogus as well

I thought the whole game was bogus. Bravo for our guys still trying to fight through it, but I have never seen anything like this in my life.

I was waiting for the Morelli to hit Ryan from behind with a folded metal chair and shave his head while unconscious.

Seriously I just wish something on the national level was said about this game.

I know Quinn wants to be classy and I admire that, but please tell me that there was some tape sent in to the NFL offices. I would also hope that while they are watching said tape, they aren't saying, 'Good ole Pete Morelli is always good for a laugh'.

Edited by Emmitt
15 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I was waiting for the Morelli to hit Ryan from behind with a folded metal chair and shave his head while unconscious.

Hilarious.

I don't ever buy into conspiracy theories but yeah that game did have a bit of a WWE feel to it.

I agree with all you said wholeheartedly.

ek 17 referee assignments

Week 17 referee assignments

by Cameron Filipe - December 26, 20170

Bill Vinovich will be the referee for the clash between the Panthers and Falcons at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, which will greatly help in cementing the playoff landscape of the NFC. Carl Cheffers and his crew have the week off.

In recent weeks, the officiating department has been moving around the assignments of some crews after the schedule has been set, so once again, Football Zebras reiterates that these assignments are potentially subject to change in the coming days.

Morelli and his merry band of incompetents have been assigned to the meaningless Lions-Packers game. If nothing else, the low profile game seems to be an expression of how the league rates their performance last week. And maybe in such a low pressue environment,  the crew can make progress in learning what constitutes pass interfernce.

Pete Morelli had to be reassigned an entirely new crew after the 2015 season for being incompetent. The reasons ranged from bad calls and not operating the game clock correctly. Over 60,000 Eagles fans have signed a petition to get rid of or at least not have him call Eagles games anymore because he has flagged the Eagles 40 times compared to flagging their opponents only eight times. Morelli's questionable history goes back to a couple of high profile playoff games. I recall a Colts and Steelers playoff game where he called back a Troy Polamalu interception that was no question the wrong call, and let's not forget the NFCCG between the Saints and the Vikings where Brett Favre got roughed up several times without a penalty.  Morelli's history is terrible, and the Falcons are not the only ones he has screwed over with questionable ways.

I wasn't even all that upset with the officiating, but when he picked up the flag for what was obviously DPI on Julio I lost it for a moment. That was the first time I flicked off the TV. 

Morelli is terrible at officiating. That guy is gonna get a player seriously hurt because of the way he officiates.

I've never seen such blatantly biased refereeing in an NFL game prior to Sunday. If the integrity of the NFL was ever in doubt, that game did nothing to assuage those fears and probably did more to influence the minds of those who were uncertain. 

1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

Pete Morelli had to be reassigned an entirely new crew after the 2015 season for being incompetent. The reasons ranged from bad calls and not operating the game clock correctly. Over 60,000 Eagles fans have signed a petition to get rid of or at least not have him call Eagles games anymore because he has flagged the Eagles 40 times compared to flagging their opponents only eight times. Morelli's questionable history goes back to a couple of high profile playoff games. I recall a Colts and Steelers playoff game where he called back a Troy Polamalu interception that was no question the wrong call, and let's not forget the NFCCG between the Saints and the Vikings where Brett Favre got roughed up several times without a penalty.  Morelli's history is terrible, and the Falcons are not the only ones he has screwed over with questionable ways.

What happened in the Falcons-Saints game was not accidental. It was intentional. For at least that game, I know for a fact there was corruption. The evidence is clear ... just watch the calls and no-calls.

Dunno if it's the world's biggest conspiracy, or if Morelli did it all by himself just to cover a bet, or anything in-between. But it was intentional.

3 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

What happened in the Falcons-Saints game was not accidental. It was intentional. For at least that game, I know for a fact there was corruption. The evidence is clear ... just watch the calls and no-calls.

Dunno if it's the world's biggest conspiracy, or if Morelli did it all by himself just to cover a bet, or anything in-between. But it was intentional.

I know others disagree but I’ve been watching nfl for a long time, and sometimes the disparity in penalties and what one team is or isn’t allowed to get away with is just too blatantly at odds with fairly called game. It is telling that every neutral fan or fan from other teams on Reddit r/nfl were pointing out how ridiculously the falcons were getting screwed by the refs in the game. Yeah I mean fans can be blind to their own team mistakes, but what we saw here was nationally recognized as a sham by fans of all teams. Even rational Saints fans were apologizing and saying they wanted to at least enjoy a fairly called game. It just makes me pay even closer attention to the reffing in all games and pushes me to the point of not watching at all like with the nba. Just like with the Super Bowl, the calls aided the story. Sorry l can’t believe what the Patriots CBs were getting away with while our CBs got three straight penalties on three consecutive third downs on one drive. How often does that happen? Holding on Matthews but not face mask for Sanu? It was the biggest championship comeback in history because made possible by WWE style story line. Remember the memes with the yellow and black referees from the one sided reffed Steelers-Colts playoff game from a while back? Yeah that look fixed imho. Refs wanted Pit to win bad. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Tony G. said:

The protests and bad officiating have absolutely no correlation and to put them on the same level is remarkably disingenuous.

That being said, if we won then the 4:00 Cowboys/Seahawks game and a handful this week wouldn't have mattered at all. That was the reason for the fix even moreso than usual Aints home cooking.

This is right on the money. Now they can also keep it interesting this week by saying who gets in the final spot, Falcons or Seattle. Who wins the NFC South Saints or Panthers? It's all about the ratings and money. 

5 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/ContentGallery/Atlanta-Falcons-fans-still-mad-at-Pete-Morelli-for-Saints-game-112748740

Shafted by Morelli for sure.  Buffalo lost a Benjamin Touchdown then got a spot reversed favoring New England. 

NFL Officiating is also ruining the game and tarnishing the NFL Brand right along with the Anthym Protests.

Not happy with the state of the league or my favorite team right now. 

Does no good to Rise Up only to be Slapped Down by the Zebras!

To add insult to injury......this is NOT the first time he fixed a game for the Saints!  Go back to the 2010 Championship Game between Green Bay and New Orleans where they Bounteyed and teed off on Brett Favre without penalty!

This is the same guy that Eagles Fans petitioned against officiating their games:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/more-than-60000-sign-petition-to-ban-pete-morelli-from-officiating-eagles-games/

He is a dirty ref if not an incompetant one and should never be allowed to officiate another NFL Game!

Well....IF we had a decent commissioner, maybe he'd step in and put a stop to this biased officiating. But until then, we and every other team they want to try and break will continue to suffer.

Ahhh in fantasy land if only there was only an insider NFL whistle blower who could step up to expose the alleged ratings and game rigging scandal 

perhaps we would see

”Confessions of an NFL Referee” A best selling book by Pete Morelli — one of several former NFL referees now serving time in Lewisburgh Federal Detention Center after being convicted of throwing games in the NFL for cash