Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 12/25/2017 at 4:39 PM, lostnmexico said:

So now you are saying that Head Coaches don't call plays in the NFL?  Unbelieveable! 

At the very least a Head Coach has an awful lot of input into the play calling and gameplanning not to mention final authority on playcalling!

Not sure where your arguments are coming from but tell Sark it's nothing personal and you are more than welcome to give him a hug on his way out the door.

 

 

Lol... I know since you're quoting numbers you went and looked up that 2012 Bear offense when he was the playcaller. Dodged the **** out of addressing that point didn't you?

You can slice this any way you want. Mike Tice didn't call the offensive plays in Minnesota.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

 

Not sure where your arguments are coming from but tell Sark it's nothing personal and you are more than welcome to give him a hug on his way out the door.

 

 

Also I find it quite amusing that the other day you were getting all sensitive in that other thread talking about we were degrading you yet you continue to make comments like this to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Also I find it quite amusing that the other day you were getting all sensitive in that other thread talking about we were degrading you yet you continue to make comments like this to me. 

One of my favorite things about these boards is when posters are clearly in over their heads while somehow simulteanously talking out of their butts and instead of being educated, double down on their lunacy and just keep digging.  I find it oddly endearing.

On topic, you are correct and what I was talking about.  Tice as an official coordinator, ie calling plays, was in Chicago and he was god awful and run out of town.  I lived there at the time and got to witness it first hand, he was horrible and unimaginative as I said earlier.

Ill take him as an oline coach, but thats about it.  Hard pass on Mike Tice, OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Lol... I know since you're quoting numbers you went and looked up that 2012 Bear offense when he was the playcaller. Dodged the **** out was addressing that point didn't you?

You can slice this any way you want. Mike Tice didn't call the offensive plays in Minnesota.

Whatever Dude.... Lets go back to Ryan Shraeder's comments:

"He knows football," Schraeder said of Tice. "He’s been doing this for a long time and he’s always on you about something you need to improve. He’ll consistently get it engrained in you throughout the week so you correct it for the next game.

Sark hasn't been able to correct anything for 15 Games!

"As far as the schemes, he just knows how to explain things really well and make it simple for guys. He’ll figure out how you learn, whether it’s visual or actually doing it. He just makes things easier on you."

I think that says all you need to say about Mike Tice.  He is PROVEN and about 2012....they still finished as a top 10 rushing attack!

He took over for Martz in Chicago and improved the offense.  He took over in Minnesota and built an epic offense as HC.

Sark.....took a historic offense with more weapons than the Greatest Show on Turf only to get punked by teams from Buffalo and Miami!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Whatever Dude.... Lets go back to Ryan Shraeder's comments:

"He knows football," Schraeder said of Tice. "He’s been doing this for a long time and he’s always on you about something you need to improve. He’ll consistently get it engrained in you throughout the week so you correct it for the next game.

Sark hasn't been able to correct anything for 15 Games!

"As far as the schemes, he just knows how to explain things really well and make it simple for guys. He’ll figure out how you learn, whether it’s visual or actually doing it. He just makes things easier on you."

I think that says all you need to say about Mike Tice.  He is PROVEN and about 2012....they still finished as a top 10 rushing attack!

He took over for Martz in Chicago and improved the offense.  He took over in Minnesota and built an epic offense as HC.

Sark.....took a historic offense with more weapons than the Greatest Show on Turf only to get punked by teams from Buffalo and Miami!

You’re a fool. I’d use a harsher word but everyone here is sensitive.

In 2012 the Bears were 16th in PPG an average of 23.4

28th in yards

29th passing

10th running

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 4:58 PM, lostnmexico said:

Whatever Dude.... Lets go back to Ryan Shraeder's comments:

"He knows football," Schraeder said of Tice. "He’s been doing this for a long time and he’s always on you about something you need to improve. He’ll consistently get it engrained in you throughout the week so you correct it for the next game.

Sark hasn't been able to correct anything for 15 Games!

"As far as the schemes, he just knows how to explain things really well and make it simple for guys. He’ll figure out how you learn, whether it’s visual or actually doing it. He just makes things easier on you."

I think that says all you need to say about Mike Tice.  He is PROVEN and about 2012....they still finished as a top 10 rushing attack!

 

He took over for Martz in Chicago and improved the offense.  He took over in Minnesota and built an epic offense as HC.

Sark.....took a historic offense with more weapons than the Greatest Show on Turf only to get punked by teams from Buffalo and Miami!

Schraeder was talking about him as an offensive line coach, not a designer of offense.

Chicago finished top 10 in rushing?  Yes, thanks to their defensive-minded head coach who was all about keeping the defense fresh and playing complimentary football.  Atlanta is currently number 10 in rushing right now, btw.  If you're making the case for Tice on that account then it's just as good for Sark, right?

He improved the offense huh?  I see you're just looking at numbers with no context still, but ok.  I'll play along.  2011 bears were 17 in points and 24 in yards.  Tice took over playcalling in 2012, they finished 16 in points, 28 in yards and actually was a spot worse in the rush rankings.  I'm not quite sure what your idea of improved is but I not sure it means what you think it does.

 

Um... that Minnesota offense was already epic before he took over.  Serious question, how long have you been watching football.

Mike Tice has never been noted as an offensive mastermind, or a brain like some of the elite playcallers in the league.  He is an absolute savant as an offensive line coach but he was way in over his head in Minnesota and constantly derided for what he tried to do with that offense.  He was never a strategist.  He was what message boards refer to as a RAh-Rah guy.   Does anyone remember the "Randy Ratio" where he announced to the entire league before the start of the season that a certain percentage of offensive snaps were going to Randy Moss no matter what?

You can double down all you want to on this, it doesn't change the fact, Scott Linehan made that offense go in Minnesota -- a guy plucked right out of college btw.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, athell said:

One of my favorite things about these boards is when posters are clearly in over their heads while somehow simulteanously talking out of their butts and instead of being educated, double down on their lunacy and just keep digging.  I find it oddly endearing.

On topic, you are correct and what I was talking about.  Tice as an official coordinator, ie calling plays, was in Chicago and he was god awful and run out of town.  I lived there at the time and got to witness it first hand, he was horrible and unimaginative as I said earlier.

Ill take him as an oline coach, but thats about it.  Hard pass on Mike Tice, OC.

Statistical league offensive rankings 2012 Chicago Bears

  • Total Offense (YPG): 310.6 yds (28th NFL)
  • Passing (YPG): 187.4 yds (29th NFL)
  • Rushing (YPG): 123.1 yds (10th NFL)
  • Points (PPG): 23.4 (16th NFL)

Tice was able to do this with Jay Cutler at QB. Not exactly Matt Ryan.

Tice was able to do this  Matt Forte at RB and Michael Bush behind him.  Not exactly Tevin and Devontae is it?

Tice was able to feed his beast though!

  • WR Brandon Marshall set the Bears franchise record for most receptions, single season with 118 receptions.
  • WR Brandon Marshall set the Bears franchise record for most receiving yards, single season with 1,508 receiving yards.
  • WR Brandon Marshall set the Bears franchise record for most 100+ yard receiving yards in a game, single season with 7 games.

After looking at what Sark has done to Julio....I will take my chances with Tice!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 5:13 PM, lostnmexico said:

Statistical league offensive rankings 2012 Chicago Bears

  • Total Offense (YPG): 310.6 yds (28th NFL)
  • Passing (YPG): 187.4 yds (29th NFL)
  • Rushing (YPG): 123.1 yds (10th NFL)
  • Points (PPG): 23.4 (16th NFL)

Tice was able to do this with Jay Cutler at QB. Not exactly Matt Ryan.

Tice was able to do this  Matt Forte at RB and Michael Bush behind him.  Not exactly Tevin and Devontae is it?

Tice was able to feed his beast though!

  • WR Brandon Marshall set the Bears franchise record for most receptions, single season with 118 receptions.
  • WR Brandon Marshall set the Bears franchise record for most receiving yards, single season with 1,508 receiving yards.
  • WR Brandon Marshall set the Bears franchise record for most 100+ yard receiving yards in a game, single season with 7 games.

After looking at what Sark has done to Julio....I will take my chances with Tice!

 

And this is what Aaron Kromer and Marc Trestman did the very next season.

#2 in points 29.9 per game

#8 in total yards 381.8 per game

#5 in passing 267.5 per game

#16 in rushing 114.2 per game

 

 

Dude are you serious with this, trying to make a case for Tice with those numbers?:lol:

Come on man you gotta be pulling our legs.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

And this is what Aaron Kromer and Marc Trestman did the very next season.

#2 in points 29.9 per game

#8 in total yards 381.8

#5 in passing 267.5 per game

#16 in rushing 1142.

 

Dude are you serious with this, trying to make a case for Tice with those numbers?:lol:

Come on man you gotta be pulling our legs.

No.  I am not trying to make a case based on those numbers.......rather than numbers, I prefer to make a case based on the the comments from and work history with our current players:

Quarterback Matt Ryan was sacked nine times in back-to-back games against the Bears and Ravens. Since then, Ryan has been sacked a total of 10 times. As a result of the improved protection, Ryan has gotten more opportunities to throw deep to Julio Jones.

This is my major casepoint against Sarkisian.  Dude doesn't do adjustments!

"We knew when we got together that we’d have to be great in pass protection, because we had such great receivers," Tice said. "So, in a nutshell, we set a goal. One of those goals was to be in the top 10 in the least amount of sacks. Right now, we’re at 12 (25 sacks allowed), so we can do it."

Tice praised his linemen for their overall cerebral approach and ability to communicate. Run blocking is still an area that needs some refining, but he believes the effort is there.

"I like all the pulling, but you don’t see much pulling anymore," Tice said. "We haven’t been real consistent with our pulling game. We’ve had so many missing pieces, and the run game takes cohesion, with two guys working together. I like where our run game is going. Our pass protection is ahead of our run game, which is good, because we’re a throwing team."

The key for the Falcons is sustaining the line improvement over the last three games, starting with Sunday’s matchup against the Steelers. Tice started the game-planning by identifying the tough matchup for both Schraeder and Matthews in containing outside linebacker Jason Worilds, who is second on the Steelers with 4.5 sacks and has a team-leading 14 quarterback hits.

Tice is confident his players will get the job done, just like his linemen are confident in how he coaches them.

"He knows football," Schraeder said of Tice. "He’s been doing this for a long time and he’s always on you about something you need to improve. He’ll consistently get it engrained in you throughout the week so you correct it for the next game.

"As far as the schemes, he just knows how to explain things really well and make it simple for guys. He’ll figure out how you learn, whether it’s visual or actually doing it. He just makes things easier on you."

Tice knows a lot of our personnel.  He has an established history of protecting Matt Ryan.  And you can have selective memory about his work history all you want....he would be clearly better than what we have.

Edited by lostnmexico
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

No.  I am not trying to make a case based on those numbers.......rather than numbers, I prefer to make a case based on the the comments from and work history with our current players:

Quarterback Matt Ryan was sacked nine times in back-to-back games against the Bears and Ravens. Since then, Ryan has been sacked a total of 10 times. As a result of the improved protection, Ryan has gotten more opportunities to throw deep to Julio Jones.

This major case against Sarkisian.  Dude doesn't do adjustments!

"We knew when we got together that we’d have to be great in pass protection, because we had such great receivers," Tice said. "So, in a nutshell, we set a goal. One of those goals was to be in the top 10 in the least amount of sacks. Right now, we’re at 12 (25 sacks allowed), so we can do it."

Tice praised his linemen for their overall cerebral approach and ability to communicate. Run blocking is still an area that needs some refining, but he believes the effort is there.

"I like all the pulling, but you don’t see much pulling anymore," Tice said. "We haven’t been real consistent with our pulling game. We’ve had so many missing pieces, and the run game takes cohesion, with two guys working together. I like where our run game is going. Our pass protection is ahead of our run game, which is good, because we’re a throwing team."

The key for the Falcons is sustaining the line improvement over the last three games, starting with Sunday’s matchup against the Steelers. Tice started the game-planning by identifying the tough matchup for both Schraeder and Matthews in containing outside linebacker Jason Worilds, who is second on the Steelers with 4.5 sacks and has a team-leading 14 quarterback hits.

Tice is confident his players will get the job done, just like his linemen are confident in how he coaches them.

"He knows football," Schraeder said of Tice. "He’s been doing this for a long time and he’s always on you about something you need to improve. He’ll consistently get it engrained in you throughout the week so you correct it for the next game.

"As far as the schemes, he just knows how to explain things really well and make it simple for guys. He’ll figure out how you learn, whether it’s visual or actually doing it. He just makes things easier on you."

If you're making a case for Mike Tice for offensive line coach, I'm all for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Mike Tice wanted to get away from Thomas Dimitroff at least as much as he wanted to get with Jack Del Rio.  I wouldn't expect to see him back in the ATL as long as TD is around.

I would be interested to know where that information came from since he was very complimentery in his exit statements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

I would be interested to know where that information came from since he was very complimentery in his exit statements.

It came from another coach who Mike Tice tried to recruit into the Oakland organization.  And pay no attention to exit statements - with almost zero exceptions, they're just press release material.  Don't rock the boat and don't burn bridges.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No to Mike Tice but I'd take Koetter back if he could come in and run a WCO.  Not gonna happen though.  Sark will be back for at least one more season.  Hopefully he's learned a bit, I think he has because his play calling has gotten better.  Still think he needs to install some more HB screens and put WRs in motion more though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 1:59 PM, lostnmexico said:

ok.....i get that...but can Tice be any bigger an  a *****.than Shanahan was and to that point, did not the offense produce under the leadership of an  a *****.?

So is popovich but he has the system and rings and track record.. While he doesn't have the ring his offensive track record gives him a little more leeway to go out on a limb and give him the keys to the Lamborghini 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...