Who Dat Embarrassment Should Set Falcons Ablaze

22 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

But the officating is part of the ineptness.

I mean we had 2 or 3 first downs called back on boarder line at best penalties.

Not to mention another 2 that should have been called first downs due ot obvious pass interference/illegal contact calls

NOT TO MENTION the obvious Julio touch down that was not called a TD.

Throw in the the fact that Shelby was held while brees was in the endzone....which should have been  a safety.

So the refs gifted the saints atleast 4  to 6 first down and gifted the saints 8 to 9 points.

Despite what the sewer rat fans and players think...it is not like they lined up and just beat the falcons.

Dude, we get that, but we were at the Saints 1 yard line TWICE and failed to convert both times. Convert one of those for a TD and another for a FG and it's a tie ballgame at 23 points apiece. Convert both for TDs and we got 27 points, which would have been enough for a 4-point win.

The offense failed the team AGAIN, and I wish someone or something would light a fire under their backsides to get them playing like a competent NFL unit consistently.

22 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

But the officating is part of the ineptness.

I mean we had 2 or 3 first downs called back on boarder line at best penalties.

Not to mention another 2 that should have been called first downs due ot obvious pass interference/illegal contact calls

NOT TO MENTION the obvious Julio touch down that was not called a TD.

Throw in the the fact that Shelby was held while brees was in the endzone....which should have been  a safety.

So the refs gifted the saints atleast 4  to 6 first down and gifted the saints 8 to 9 points.

Despite what the sewer rat fans and players think...it is not like they lined up and just beat the falcons.

Agreed.  Free's fumble, Tru getting torched, and Hall dropping a wide open pass that winds up being an INT is on us but anyone who tries to make light of all the bad calls and no calls not making a huge difference in this game either didn't watch or aren't being biased.

DQ and/or our FO should have called the league and made a huge stink about how this game was called.  I've seen poorly called games and plays but this is the worst I've ever seen.  You would think after how we got f%^k3d in the 2nd half of the SB that this wouldn't happen again for a few seasons.

I'm a self admitted homer so I still think we can win it all...offense just has to get it together and the refs need to call a fair game.