Is Ryan able to QB sneak at any point?

UGABOZ

Our run game is so predictable I think everyone would agree. On those goal line calls a quick sneak would have been nice. Also after re-watching some film we run maybe 2 plays to the weak side of our line, thats too predictable to an opposing D cord. Just thinking out loud,. I have not gone full F the birds mode but man that was hard to watch on the offensive side yesterday. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Herr Beast said:

He would probably fall backward on his butt.

good point but at 6-4 225 I just think its better than lining freeman 7 yards deep and handing him the ball everytime, give to the **** full back sometimes, we are brutal in the redzone

Just now, UGABOZ said:

I see your train of thought but a double team with mack could get us a couple of feet, 

I have to confess that I am very pi$$ed off about our interior OL.  I have been on a soap box about since our playoff loss to San Fran.  

On offense, we put too much emphasis on playmakers and not enough on the guys in the trenches.  

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I have to confess that I am very pi$$ed off about our interior OL.  I have been on a soap box about since our playoff loss to San Fran.  

On offense, we put too much emphasis on playmakers and not enough on the guys in the trenches.  

they played decent last year

7 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I can barely remember 5 years ago but really our biggest/best FA acquisition in that 5 years was C Alex Mack - most of our playmakers added in that time were draft picks.  I am not saying we don't need to get better OG's but wonder if this team really would spend any money to get a true upgrade there or if we might even take a step back with a bad draft pick or one that needs a year to be "groomed".

As for Ryan, the guy is not afraid to run in the open field (evidenced by the last couple of games) so it would seem somewhat less fearful with 3 big butts in front of him.

Edited by jlrfalcon

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

This whole offense is a mess, i have no idea whos in control anymore. 

agree 100%its almost as if ryan has no power at all, I mean early on teo blitzed A gap multiple times and even showed it pre snap yet we still run to the a gap 

1 minute ago, yungfalc92 said:

Crash Poe to the left with  Mack and the left guard doubling the gap...i feel like we've missed out on at least 3-4 1 yard to go situations and i've no idea why we couldn't try this.

yep next post was gonna bring this back up, we were in a bunch formation with a 1 back set 7 yards deep on the goal line yea we really tricked the saints

Honestly at this point this team just needs to lose on Sunday (yeah I said it) and just go HOME. Reboot, re-evaluate, and come back next season ready for war with no pressure and few expectations. 

This is a sloppy, un-focused, undisciplined team that can't close games, can't protect the QB, can't run the football inside the redzone, and has no real offensive identity. The defense has played reasonably well, but they don't turn teams over enough to be a LEGIT top-10 defense.

I just cannot take another 2 weeks of this....just take your ball and go home. Literally. 

I wasn't really on the fire Sark train early in the year, but at this point i think it's one of those instances where he's in over his head and being carried by the talent we already had at skill positions. I also don't know if he has a playbook vast and varied enough to keep him as an offense coordinator for any team on this level. QB coach maybe, but he's shown his hand with predictable play calls too many times...and i know we're talking about QB sneaks but where in the world are the 3 TE sets that we had so much success with?

26 minutes ago, yungfalc92 said:

Crash Poe to the left with  Mack and the left guard doubling the gap...i feel like we've missed out on at least 3-4 1 yard to go situations and i've no idea why we couldn't try this.

This is the Sark dilemma in a nutshell.  Play has been working all year in those situations (Poe) and today we didn’t see it once.  

He just seems to be throwing darts at a board at times.

7 minutes ago, yungfalc92 said:

I wasn't really on the fire Sark train early in the year, but at this point i think it's one of those instances where he's in over his head and being carried by the talent we already had at skill positions. I also don't know if he has a playbook vast and varied enough to keep him as an offense coordinator for any team on this level. QB coach maybe, but he's shown his hand with predictable play calls too many times...and i know we're talking about QB sneaks but where in the world are the 3 TE sets that we had so much success with?

I agree but to be fair...they came in yesterday with only two TEs and then Toilolo got hurt.

12 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I agree but to be fair...they came in yesterday with only two TEs and then Toilolo got hurt.

No problem with it not being called yesterday (although having more than two active TEs against a depleted LB group would've been smart) but i meant as far as the season thus far has gone. I can only recall maybe 2 games in total where we've seen a 3-TE set.

Last year was truly a pick your poison - unpredictable - anything is possible offense. I remember that 3rd and forever where Coleman caught it out of the back field and sprinted up the sideline for the first. Last year 3rd and forever I laughed and said they’ll convert it. This year... we get the jet sweep (creative) and vanilla calls